2013 srx gas pedal question - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 srx gas pedal question in Cadillac SRX Forums; I am experiencing a similar problem with my 2011 srx luxury I purchased with 47k miles..luv everything about it except ...
    cadi4marie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury
    I am experiencing a similar problem with my 2011 srx luxury I purchased with 47k miles..luv everything about it except the ticking and the intermittent power lag when trying to accelerate after slowing down. Usually happens between 20-35 mph..doesnt seem to matter if breaking or lifting foot off the gas. Im going to check the TC setting the Captain mentioned. I really hope this takes care of it...
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

The lack of response to the accelerator happened to me again yesterday. I was following another vehicle into a left turn and that vehicle stopped because a vehicle to our right apparently felt the red light for his turn was optional.

I stopped, but did not need to brake abruptly because we were not going that fast. When I lifted my foot from the brake to the accelerator, it felt like nothing responded to depression of the accelerator. If someone even hints I had my foot on the wrong pedal, I will become very irritated. The time that elapsed without a reponse was probably about 1/2 second and I did notice the tachometer sat at 500RPM as a normal idle speed.

I have seen the bulletin issued by Cadillac which covered several GM models stating this is normal to let the transmission complete any gear changes...In my opinion as a result of driving internal combustion motivated vehicles for more than 60 years...that is hogwash!!!!

If the engineers who designed the controls for the GM automatic transmission had to build in a 1/2 to 3/4 second no-response to driver input, they should be fired and made to go to work for a competitor.

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by njacobsen View Post
    The lack of response to the accelerator happened to me again yesterday. I was following another vehicle into a left turn and that vehicle stopped because a vehicle to our right apparently felt the red light for his turn was optional.

I stopped, but did not need to brake abruptly because we were not going that fast. When I lifted my foot from the brake to the accelerator, it felt like nothing responded to depression of the accelerator. If someone even hints I had my foot on the wrong pedal, I will become very irritated. The time that elapsed without a reponse was probably about 1/2 second and I did notice the tachometer sat at 500RPM as a normal idle speed.

I have seen the bulletin issued by Cadillac which covered several GM models stating this is normal to let the transmission complete any gear changes...In my opinion as a result of driving internal combustion motivated vehicles for more than 60 years...that is hogwash!!!!

If the engineers who designed the controls for the GM automatic transmission had to build in a 1/2 to 3/4 second no-response to driver input, they should be fired and made to go to work for a competitor.
    It definitely sounds like you experienced what is described in the Tech bulliten that I posted in post number 69 on this thread. I have not experienced that short of a delay in acceleration response as of yet and I believe that it is clearly proven that this is not an issue of using two feet while driving so there is no worry about being accused of that.

~Tina~

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by cadi4marie View Post
    I am experiencing a similar problem with my 2011 srx luxury I purchased with 47k miles..luv everything about it except the ticking and the intermittent power lag when trying to accelerate after slowing down. Usually happens between 20-35 mph..doesnt seem to matter if breaking or lifting foot off the gas. Im going to check the TC setting the Captain mentioned. I really hope this takes care of it...
    Hi cadi4marie,

I am sorry to hear about your acceleration issue. If you would like to discuss it, feel free to PM me you VIN and pertinent info. Have a great day.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

klh95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 2013 SRX with 10000 miles. I am experiencing the same issue that is being described in post after post here. I took it in a few weeks ago. They called a week later to let me know it was ready. When I went in to pick it up, they told me nothing was wrong with it. I refused to take it, telling them that I wouldn't put my life in danger, so I wouldn't take it until the issue was resolved. They've had it for another week now. They called today to tell me that they still haven't found anything and that GM has had no one else report this type of issue. Has anyone who's posting these issues had anyone report it to GM? (Surely the service techs are doing so??) As a result, all they're doing is putting some sort of recorder box in my vehicle for me to hit a button if it happens again. Let me just hope that I'm alive to push the button if the issue causes a collision! This is the first Cadillac I've ever owned . . . needless to say, it will definitely be the last!

Quote Originally Posted by klh95 View Post
    I have a 2013 SRX with 10000 miles. I am experiencing the same issue that is being described in post after post here. I took it in a few weeks ago. They called a week later to let me know it was ready. When I went in to pick it up, they told me nothing was wrong with it. I refused to take it, telling them that I wouldn't put my life in danger, so I wouldn't take it until the issue was resolved. They've had it for another week now. They called today to tell me that they still haven't found anything and that GM has had no one else report this type of issue. Has anyone who's posting these issues had anyone report it to GM? (Surely the service techs are doing so??) As a result, all they're doing is putting some sort of recorder box in my vehicle for me to hit a button if it happens again. Let me just hope that I'm alive to push the button if the issue causes a collision! This is the first Cadillac I've ever owned . . . needless to say, it will definitely be the last!
    When I took my car in after I experienced the issue, I printed out this entire thread (at that time) and handed it over to the service manager. He read through it and called the designer of the SRX in GM and talked to him about the issue. The designer of the SRX is the one that provided the technical bulletin that I attached to post #69 in this thread describing the .5 - .7 second hesitation in acceleration. My service manager let the designer know that my loss of acceleration was much longer in duration (4 - 6 seconds) and he didn't feel that the tech bulletin described my issue. The designer of the SRX stated he had not heard any other issues other than what was described in the bulletin.

My service manager did report my issue to GM and there has been several other folks on this thread that has been contacted by the Cadillac Customer Service team that are on this forum to open a case regarding this issue. So, I know there is a least my report to the designer of the SRX from my service manager, plus all the reports opened from the Cadillac Customer Service team on this forum, so either your service manager isn't contacting GM and inquiring on this issue or all of our cases that were opened by customer service were never really opened with GM.

I would recommend printing out this thread and handing it over to your service manager and let him know that there has been several complaints to GM regarding this issue and there are complaints on the NHTSA website regarding this issue as well.

On that note, I would encourage you to report your issues to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration as well. The NHTSA can force GM into an investigation/recall on this issue. The more complaints the better our chances are for an investigation/recall.

File by Web:
    https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml

File by Mail:
    https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/portable/index.cfm

File by Phone:
    Monday-Friday (8 am to 8 pm ET)
    (888) 327-4236 TTY: (800) 424-9153

Thanks,

~Tina~

----------

As a result, all they're doing is putting some sort of recorder box in my vehicle for me to hit a button if it happens again. Let me just hope that I'm alive to push the button if the issue causes a collision! This is the first Cadillac I've ever owned . . . needless to say, it will definitely be the last!
    I am glad that you are getting the recorder box as that is the route I am going to go with my service department. I plan on getting it installed when I take my car in for my first service. I hope you are able to capture something with the box and hope you can do it while remaining safe. I have altered my driving habits so that I do not pull out in front of anyone where I need to speed up quickly (at busy times this is hard to do) and I stop behind the line so when I attempt to pull out if it moves me forward and if I lose acceleration, i won't be sitting disabled in the line of traffic. So far I have not had any additional incidents of this other than the first one but I am still not confident that I won't and will always drive as if I will lose acceleration everytime I take off from a stop.

I am actually looking forward to getting the recorder box installed in my car as I truly want to figure this out and hope I can get it to occur again so I can capture it. It will help so many other folks on here and potentially save lives.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi Klh95,

I apologize for your dissatisfaction with the servicing of your SRX and the problems with your acceleration. I would like to open a case to document your acceleration issue if you could PM me your VIN, name, phone number, and dealer information. Hope to hear from you soon.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mjf
    mjf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 2013

[QUOTE=klh95;12039233]I have a 2013 SRX with 10000 miles. I am experiencing the same issue that is being described in post after post here. I took it in a few weeks ago. They called a week later to let me know it was ready. When I went in to pick it up, they told me nothing was wrong with it. I refused to take it, telling them that I wouldn't put my life in danger, so I wouldn't take it until the issue was resolved. They've had it for another week now. They called today to tell me that they still haven't found anything and that GM has had no one else report this type of issue. Has anyone who's posting these issues had anyone report it to GM? (Surely the service techs are doing so??) As a result, all they're doing is putting some sort of recorder box in my vehicle for me to hit a button if it happens again. Let me just hope that I'm alive to push the button if the issue causes a collision! This is the first Cadillac I've ever owned . . . needless to say, it will definitely be the last![/QUOTE

GM knows about the problem. I am in a lemon law case as a result of this issue.

I hope you can find the problem with the recording device safely.

How's the lemon law case coming a long so far?

mjf
    mjf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 2013

We go to arbitration next week.

I sent the service manager the link to this entire forum last week after I'd refused to take the vehicle back. At that point, I thought (as did the service manager) that mine was an isolated incident. I found this forum very quickly and was glad to do so . . . I thought it would prove to them that there was, indeed, SOMETHING wrong with my SRX . . . but no such luck! When she told me that it hadn't been reported to GM, I told her I didn't really believe that and referred to the number of people on this forum with the exact same issue. She shrugged her shoulders. I just wish I'd done my research prior to purchasing the vehicle. Who'd have thought that a Cadillac was such a crummy car?

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by klh95
    I sent the service manager the link to this entire forum last week after I'd refused to take the vehicle back. At that point, I thought (as did the service manager) that mine was an isolated incident. I found this forum very quickly and was glad to do so . . . I thought it would prove to them that there was, indeed, SOMETHING wrong with my SRX . . . but no such luck! When she told me that it hadn't been reported to GM, I told her I didn't really believe that and referred to the number of people on this forum with the exact same issue. She shrugged her shoulders. I just wish I'd done my research prior to purchasing the vehicle. Who'd have thought that a Cadillac was such a crummy car?
    I don't think anyone that has posted of the incident in this thread has been able to duplicate it. I don't think anyone here has had it happen more than once, although I could be wrong. I just put 1500 miles on mine in the last 10 days on a trip and the incident did not happen.

You are over reacting stating that Cadillac is a "crummy" car. It's hard to take one seriously when one registers into a forum like this to bad mouth the cars that other's in the forum drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot View Post

I don't think anyone that has posted of the incident in this thread has been able to duplicate it. I don't think anyone here has had it happen more than once, although I could be wrong. I just put 1500 miles on mine in the last 10 days on a trip and the incident did not happen.

You are over reacting stating that Cadillac is a "crummy" car. It's hard to take one seriously when one registers into a forum like this to bad mouth the cars that other's in the forum drive.
    There are several on this forum that have experienced the complete loss of acceleration for 4 - 6 seconds multiple times. They have posted here in this thread that it has happened to them several times and has almost caused accidents. I believe there are atleast two people pursuing the lemon law act due to this issue.

I agree that no one has been able to purposely duplicate this issue but it has happened to several people multiple times..

~Tina~

Well with all this talk on the acceleration issue, my car decided to demonstrate it again last night. I will contact my Cadillac service manager to set up an appointment to have the recorder box installed and have my first service done as I am at 20% oil life now. I will also register this incident with GM as I did my first incident and will make another complaint on the NHTSA site as a second incident.

The incident happened in a parking lot as I was leaving a restaurant last night (Wed 3/5). It was about 7:20pm, temp outside was around 72*, 6092 miles on the ODO and I had about 4 gallons of gas in my car. I had started up my SRX and I was backed in so after starting I put it in drive and pulled out of my parking space. I then drove about 100 feet to a stop sign where I came to a "rolling" stop and when I went to apply the gas to make a right turn and nothing happened, there was absolutely no acceleration or engine rev. Since I was in a parking lot and the stop sign I was at was within the parking lot, I was not accelerating fast to join traffic, I was just turning right to continue my navigation through the parking lot and I didn't have any other vehicle heading my way when I lost acceleration. About 4 seconds into my attempt to turn right, I finally regained acceleration and the car responded. Since I wasn't turning in to a roadway where I needed to get up to speed and I was only in a parking lot, I didn't have the gas pedal pushed down as much as I did on my first incident so when the car responded the tires didn't squeal or take off fast. When the car regained acceleration I continued in my right turn with a little bit of a sputter for about 1-2 seconds and then the car responded and acted like normal for the rest of my drive. I drove about 10 miles with approximately 5 stops at lights (2 left turns, 2 right turns and one straight through at those stops) to my next destination and then about 2 hours later got back in my car and drove home about 20 miles on the interstate and I stopped to fill up my car and there were several turns on my route home all without issue.

Cadillac Customer Service (Laura), do I need to open another case for this incident or do I add to my previous case that was opened back in November?

~Tina~

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot View Post

It has happened to me twice - two days in a row . . . once with me driving and once with my husband driving. I am not happy with my Cadillac and do think I ended up with a crummy car. I hate that I did because I've waited my entire life to get a Cadillac and have been very disappointed with it. You don't have to take me seriously . . . but why get defensive? I didn't bad mouth you . . . or your car! I was bad-mouthing my own vehicle that has been a complete disappointment to me. I'm glad you like yours . . . and wish I liked mine!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.