random help question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Maximumkk
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, random help question in Cadillac SRX Forums; hey guys I hope you all can help me with a couple of random questions 1) I have a 2012 ...
    Cb4h is offline Cadillac Owners Member

random help question

hey guys I hope you all can help me with a couple of random questions

1) I have a 2012 SRX performance and the Sirius is active. Can you tell me if I have the traffic information that will automatically come on when I have the nav set going somewhere? Will it come on if the navigation isn't actually in use to get me to a destination?

2) I got a hitch installed a U-Haul when I first got the car a year ago but it of course doesn't allow for the cover piece to go over it (yes I ordered the GM new cover piece made for the hitch but the hitch sticks out to far by about an inch). So, I was wondering if I replaced my hitch with this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER if it would be covered by the plastic cover? If not, which hitch would you recommend (links would be awesome)

Thanks so much in advance for your help! I sure do appreciate it

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

Re: random help question

I can't speak directly for the 2012 system, but in the 2013 Cue system you get the traffic warnings even when not using the nav.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by warnercc
    I can't speak directly for the 2012 system, but in the 2013 Cue system you get the traffic warnings even when not using the nav.
    Same in 2012 models.

super_troop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

I installed a Curt on my 2013 Performance and the GM piece covers it. It is the 1 1/4 inch receiver, though. Hitch was easy to install. Took less than 30 minutes by myself.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX Premium AWD Black/Ebony w/Dr Assist & 20" Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Cb4h
    hey guys I hope you all can help me with a couple of random questions

1) I have a 2012 SRX performance and the Sirius is active. Can you tell me if I have the traffic information that will automatically come on when I have the nav set going somewhere? Will it come on if the navigation isn't actually in use to get me to a destination?

2) I got a hitch installed a U-Haul when I first got the car a year ago but it of course doesn't allow for the cover piece to go over it (yes I ordered the GM new cover piece made for the hitch but the hitch sticks out to far by about an inch). So, I was wondering if I replaced my hitch with this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER if it would be covered by the plastic cover? If not, which hitch would you recommend (links would be awesome)

Thanks so much in advance for your help! I sure do appreciate it
    I am pretty sure the SRXs have XM and not Sirius. My '13 SHO had Sirius and I felt it sounded better.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman

I am pretty sure the SRXs have XM and not Sirius. My '13 SHO had Sirius and I felt it sounded better.
    Yes, Traffic works all the time provided you are in an area with the service. BTW, traffic works by monitoring GPS systems in any car on the road to determine traffic conditions compared to posted speeds by local and state municipalities.

Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX plans now on hold.

FYI - Sirius XM are the same company. One bought out the other a couple (?) years ago.

Max
    TheCaptain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximumkk
    FYI - Sirius XM are the same company. One bought out the other a couple (?) years ago.

Max
    Yes, same company, but still two different radio systems for the foreseeable future. Also, each have exclusive channels not available on the other. However, for a "slight charge" per month you can get the "best of" channels of the other on your system. Capitalism at its best!

Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman

Yes, same company, but still two different radio systems for the foreseeable future. Also, each have exclusive channels not available on the other. However, for a "slight charge" per month you can get the "best of" channels of the other on your system. Capitalism at its best!
    All this with the blessing of the government. They agreed not to raise rates,and right after the merger was approved...

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1

All this with the blessing of the government. They agreed not to raise rates,and right after the merger was approved...
    They did not raise rates, they only raised fees. I know, picky, picky, picky, but greed is good.

Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman View Post
    They did not raise rates, they only raised fees. I know, picky, picky, picky, but greed is good.
    I'm pretty sure they did indeed raise the rates, and even offered a long formal apology from Mel K. Something about cost... They petitioned for the merger under the guise of lowering their costs and keeping both companies from losing too much money. I love my XM, but the full price for the service is a bit much. I'm not a good haggler at all, but am able to lower my rates at renewal time by simply calling to cancel. I recently called to cancel on my wife's car, as she rarely uses the XM. I enjoy when I drive her car. They offered me 1 year at half off, or just under $100 with taxes and fees. I probably could have negotiated more, but that's not my strong suit. I quickly and gladly accepted the offer. I did a similar thing with the SRX after the trial period. They should just adjust their rates, particularly paying attention to subscriber longevity. I will say that the customer service on the phone seems to be noticeably improved. I can understand the person on the other end, and they seem more sure of what they're saying and doing.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Spotify. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    Spotify. That is all.
    Data usage.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    Data usage.
    Download your playlists via WiFi beforehand and you don't use data. You can download any song you won't and you don't have to listen to the radio. Also some people have unlimited data.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.