Intellibeam for '13 SRXs with Driver Awareness?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Intellibeam for '13 SRXs with Driver Awareness? in Cadillac SRX Forums; As I mentioned in another thread some members on the XTS forum are saying Intellibeam is pre-wired on their '13 ...
    '12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

Intellibeam for '13 SRXs with Driver Awareness?

As I mentioned in another thread some members on the XTS forum are saying Intellibeam is pre-wired on their '13 vehicles, but not activated. It will be standard equipment on most '14 Cadillacs depending on model and collection. My question is is Intellibeam pre-wired on the '13 SRX Premium and can it be activated? Someone on the XTS forum is offering to activate it for a charge and you have to send him the camera module in the rear view mirror. I had automatic high beams (bi-xenon like on the SRX) on my '13 SHO and they were great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

matthayes3741 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX-4 Premium
    I own a 2013 premium with drivers assist and would be very interested in this. Do you have a link to the other thread?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Re: Intellibeam for '13 SRXs with Driver Awareness?

I did a little searching and thought I'd post the link for anyone else.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...auto-high.html
    I also contacted the member that does the custom work but they only work on the weekends. I will post their response once I get it...

I received a response from the member/company, they informed me that they have no solution for our cars...

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by matthayes3741
    I received a response from the member/company, they informed me that they have no solution for our cars...

Thanks for your effort!!!

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

I was given a 2014 XTS Luxury to drive for the last week by my local dealer as a loaner while my 2013 SRX was in the shop. I really liked that automatic high-beam thing. GM should definitely consider offering it as a OEM add-on kit like the fog lamps. I'd seriously consider ponying up for that if they did.

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

I would like that enabled on my 2013 SRX Premium, funny thing is I that that same option on my 1973 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Series Brougham. Also had Twight Sentinel (turn lights on at dusk, off during sunlight) with a timer on how long they stayed on after exiting vehicle which was high tech back in '73.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

My wife mentioned that this had been tried in the '70s as well when we were talking about my experience with that 2014 XTS. Her recollection was at that time the systems weren't smart enough to be all that reliable, and were easy to fool by things like reflective road signs and guard rail reflectors --and so you got a lot of unnecessary and distracting cycling of the headlights from low to high and back to low in those early versions. No doubt there's a whole lot more compute power being thrown at the decision making now compared to the early '70s versions. I only had it for a week, but I was impressed at how well the XTS version worked.

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Georule, yes it would cycle as you mentioned, but out on the old Thruways and Parkways the system worked pretty well. The Twighlight Sentinel worked very well. I also miss the old Tilt and Telescope Steering Wheels from the past.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.