Premium Care – Free Tire Rotation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cadillac Cust Svc
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Premium Care – Free Tire Rotation in Cadillac SRX Forums; ...
    2011_SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Premium Care – Free Tire Rotation

For those interested in reading this lengthy tale, I am curious if others have experienced a similar situation.

The local Cadillac dealer sold the SRX to me brand-new and they see the car once a year for free Premium Care and I will add that I am thankful my 2011 SRX has remained trouble free.

Each year a new name appears as the Service Manager and as far as the quality of work, I have always inspected the dipstick to be certain the oil was changed but this year I also decided to make inconspicuous markings on each of the four rims so I could visually confirm the tires were rotated front to rear.

I made the service appointment one week in advance and after an hour wait, my car was done. The invoice listed one free oil change and one free tire rotation and the Service Advisor was extremely courteous as always.

Later in the day I decided to check my rim markings and much to my disappointment not one wheel had moved from the original position.

Not happy, I telephoned the dealer and had to leave voicemail on the Service Manager’s telephone, also for record, I sent an email to the Service Manager.

I received a telephone call early the following morning. The Service Manager apologized and offered to pick up my car, perform the rotation and return my car. I declined the offer because I try avoid situations where a stranger will drive my car on a 26 mile trip, plus with my luck I will incur the million in one chance they wreck it.

My only request to the Service Manager was to know the reason why my tires were not rotated. I was interested in his reply especially when the Service Advisor had commented they were not very busy that day because I was only number three in line for service.

The Service Manager said he spoke with the mechanic and the mechanic did not remember my car much less what he did to my car so that was their answer.

I do not think I was given a credible or responsible answer. How do you completely forget after only twelve hours? Isn’t the Service Advisor supposed to confirm each job with Mechanics? Is there no system in place where each task is marked completed or a timesheet marking the amount of time spent?

I believe GM and the Cadillac division try to promote a decent customer relationship by offering Premium Care, but here is an example of Cadillac’s good intentions turning bad. Honestly, I have lost what little faith I had in that dealership.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    All I can tell you is any GM dealer can perform the Premium Care maintenance, so keep that in mind next time. I can usually see fingerprints or hand marks on the wheels or tires so that is how I confirm they were rotated. I guess that still doesn't tell me if it was done according to the manual. It doesn't surprise me this happened. If it was me I'd give them another chance, maybe they will give you an extra oil change or something.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Premium Care – Free Tire Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by 2011_SRX View Post
    For those interested in reading this lengthy tale, I am curious if others have experienced a similar situation.

The local Cadillac dealer sold the SRX to me brand-new and they see the car once a year for free Premium Care and I will add that I am thankful my 2011 SRX has remained trouble free.

Each year a new name appears as the Service Manager and as far as the quality of work, I have always inspected the dipstick to be certain the oil was changed but this year I also decided to make inconspicuous markings on each of the four rims so I could visually confirm the tires were rotated front to rear.

I made the service appointment one week in advance and after an hour wait, my car was done. The invoice listed one free oil change and one free tire rotation and the Service Advisor was extremely courteous as always.

Later in the day I decided to check my rim markings and much to my disappointment not one wheel had moved from the original position.

Not happy, I telephoned the dealer and had to leave voicemail on the Service Manager’s telephone, also for record, I sent an email to the Service Manager.

I received a telephone call early the following morning. The Service Manager apologized and offered to pick up my car, perform the rotation and return my car. I declined the offer because I try avoid situations where a stranger will drive my car on a 26 mile trip, plus with my luck I will incur the million in one chance they wreck it.

My only request to the Service Manager was to know the reason why my tires were not rotated. I was interested in his reply especially when the Service Advisor had commented they were not very busy that day because I was only number three in line for service.

The Service Manager said he spoke with the mechanic and the mechanic did not remember my car much less what he did to my car so that was their answer.

I do not think I was given a credible or responsible answer. How do you completely forget after only twelve hours? Isn’t the Service Advisor supposed to confirm each job with Mechanics? Is there no system in place where each task is marked completed or a timesheet marking the amount of time spent?

I believe GM and the Cadillac division try to promote a decent customer relationship by offering Premium Care, but here is an example of Cadillac’s good intentions turning bad. Honestly, I have lost what little faith I had in that dealership.
    Hello 2011_SRX,

I apologize that your tires were not rotated when you took your vehicle in for the Premium Care. If you would like us to look into the situation and file a formal complaint regarding the situation, please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership that this happened at. Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Gregory W.

I appreciate your offer to intervene, but before filing a formal complaint, I will wait and learn what other customers have experienced. The Service Manager did offer to remedy the problem and perhaps it is best to give them a second chance.

I am just puzzled by a process where a mechanic can perform work, forget what he does and there is no process in place to account for time spent on task. Does GM reimburse the dealer for Premium Care or does the dealer absorb 100% of the cost? Just curious.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello 2011_SRX,

Thank you very much for responding! Please feel free to private message me if you do decide to file a formal complaint after giving them another chance. Please keep us updated regarding the situation as well. I do believe that GM reimburses the dealership for the Premium Care maintenance that is performed, but I will need to reach out to an internal resource of mine to be 100% sure. I can reach out to you via private message on Monday regarding that inquiry. Thank you very much for your time and I will be looking forward to seeing your updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    stealth97 likes this.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by 2011_SRX
    Gregory W.

I appreciate your offer to intervene, but before filing a formal complaint, I will wait and learn what other customers have experienced. The Service Manager did offer to remedy the problem and perhaps it is best to give them a second chance.

I am just puzzled by a process where a mechanic can perform work, forget what he does and there is no process in place to account for time spent on task. Does GM reimburse the dealer for Premium Care or does the dealer absorb 100% of the cost? Just curious.
    If GM is like other car brands they only reimburse the dealer a set amount. The dealership's service department is a cash cow, and they would prefer you come in and pay the going rate, which is considerably higher. There is nothing free in this world and we are all paying for the "free" maintenance items, just like we are paying for the warranty.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

I always check my tires BEFORE I leave the dealership. I have had tire rotation overlooked before myself.

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Some Service Advisiors just have a title, they know nothing about vehicles, and in some cases know nothing about the dealership!!!!!The tech doing the tire rotation, oil and filter changes is the low man in experience. Don't ask me how i know!!!! I mark my wheels and tires before i go in....

halp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2004 CTS

Wow, never thought to mark my tires to be sure they were rotated. As far as the oil change goes I do not plan on keeping the vehicle past the warranty period so if the engine goes due to lack of changing oil Cadillac will have to pay for it as I have the receipts that the dealer did the oil changes. I know for sure that they do not read the response to "your service experience survey" as the last time I was in there were some problems and when the survey came I listed what happened in detail. That was more than a month ago and I have yet to hear back from them.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

I would file an official complaint so Cadillac knows what the dealer is up to. If you do file a complaint I would plan of a different dealer as your car could bare the brunt of the complaint. I'm lucky to have a good dealer (Thompson MacConnell) Cincinnati, Ohio. Like President Reagan said about trusting the Russians "Trust but verify", I always check the oil and tires after a service and have never been disappointed. After your experience I'd be through with that dealer if possible.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    I would file an official complaint so Cadillac knows what the dealer is up to. If you do file a complaint I would plan of a different dealer as your car could bare the brunt of the complaint. I'm lucky to have a good dealer (Thompson MacConnell) Cincinnati, Ohio. Like President Reagan said about trusting the Russians "Trust but verify", I always check the oil and tires after a service and have never been disappointed. After your experience I'd be through with that dealer if possible.
    Bill
    While I would be very pleased to have Cadillac rightfully place the "X" next to this dealer's name, if I had to avoid them in the future my choices are: Drive about 120 miles to the next closest Cadillac dealership or try one of the local Chevy/GMC dealers. I may simply modify that saying to: "Distrust and always verify" whenever I have to do business with them.

warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

On the subject of dealerships and warranty work, is it a Cadillac policy to provide loaner vehicles while your car is being serviced or is that up to the individual dealership?

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by warnercc View Post
    On the subject of dealerships and warranty work, is it a Cadillac policy to provide loaner vehicles while your car is being serviced or is that up to the individual dealership?
    I believe they are supposed to provide transportation if your car will be in service for over 2 hours. This does not have to be a loaner vehicle, it can be a shuttle to take you and pick you up from where ever you need to go.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps

I believe they are supposed to provide transportation if your car will be in service for over 2 hours. This does not have to be a loaner vehicle, it can be a shuttle to take you and pick you up from where ever you need to go.
    Cadillac's "complimentary" loaner is not exactly free as I found out when I had to put in $15 worth of gas for my 90 mile round trip to my dealership to fix the CD player not ejecting the disc. Of course, as soon as I got home they called to say my SRX was ready, but I still to wait to have my SRX washed when I got there after an hour. So, it was 180 miles and 4 hours on the road; most of the day shot. My loaner was a '13 Luxury, but no nav or premium Bose. It did have the Driver Awareness Package. Nice, but I'm glad I got the Premium.

----------

[QUOTE="'12CTSman"]

Cadillac's "complimentary" loaner is not exactly free as I found out when I had to put in $15 worth of gas for my 90 mile round trip to my dealership to fix the CD player not ejecting the disc. Of course, as soon as I got home they called to say my SRX was ready, but I still had to wait to have my SRX washed when I got there after an hour. So, it was 180 miles and 4 hours on the road; most of the day shot. My loaner was a '13 Luxury, but no nav or premium Bose. It did have the Driver Awareness Package. Nice, but I'm glad I got the Premium.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.