Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New Owner CPO 2011 SRX Luxury

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  TheCaptain 
#1 ·
I am a new Cadillac owner (2011 SRX CPO) and I am trying to get used to a relatively big SUV, transitioning from a 2004 Mercedes C240 Wagon as well as transitioning from have black vehicles for the last 25 years to Grey Flannel. While I have a ton of questions which I suspect will be answered with driving experience, i I have a few questions. The first is is there a preference b/t sport mode and tour mode? I kept my wagon in sport mode. The second is are there any tips, advice, do, don'ts for a new owner? Thanks in advance for any insights provided.

#2 ·
Hello Jim T.,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new 11' SRX! On page 9-37 of your owners manual discusses selective ride control. You should use tour mode for normal city and highway driving. This setting provides a smooth, soft ride. Sport mode is used where road conditions or personal preference demand more control.This setting provides more "feel" or response to road conditions through increased steering effort and suspension control. Transmission shift points and shift firmness are also enhanced. I understand how you wanted advice from other owners preferences between the two, but I thought I could share this information and where I found it in the owners manual. If you have additional questions or concerns, we are here to assist and be contacted via private message to further interact.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#3 ·
Welcome, the SRX at first feels big, but when researching I found a few interesting dimensional items that tells it's really not that big. The first generation Cadillac CTS, (much smaller than current 2nd gen model) I replaced was 190" long, the same as the SRX! The CTS was 70.6" wide the SRX is only 75.2", after a few days driving mine it's actually starting to shrink in the way it handles and drives feeling much more sporty than my first impressions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.