Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Modding the factory LED accent lights

14K views 36 replies 10 participants last post by  davedogcaddy 
#1 ·
So my SRX has the vertical LED tubes that light up when the lights are on. They look nice but are very dim. I also have a Cadillac ATS with the insanely bright vertical LED lights. Has anyone tried to modify the SRX to make these lights as bright as an ATS or XTS?
I'll probably do a google search for LED conversions but was hoping someone had already done it.

(random pics)
ATS
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive design

SRX
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Luxury vehicle

See less See more
#32 ·
Just a word of caution. The quality of the LEDs and housing are of different quality, hence the price.
Both sellers have the same images with the same "brand" watermarks on the images....have you purchased either of these products? I would love to know your experience if you have.....so many questions....

#33 ·
davedogcaddy said:
Both sellers have the same images with the same "brand" watermarks on the images....have you purchased either of these products? I would love to know your experience if you have.....so many questions....
Yes, matter of fact I did as if you check the earlier tread posted. I have seen them physically and the (L shape) LEDs are not in line. Also, the quote might be for single unit, so you need to double check on that again. Besides, the color of the LEDs also vary, when I purchase mine, I tested the lights and finally got it the second time around as the first unit color differs from each other (left was slightly yellow than the right which is white).

#34 ·
So you have a set on your SRX right now? Could you post some high res photos of yours installed? How has the chromed-plastic held up so far? Any chipping? How long have you had them installed?

Thanks!

Edit: I just found your post/pic.....you have the ones with the straight line of LEDs at the top that several here have installed, not the 'L' shaped ones....now I'm confused...

#36 ·
Aliexpress
Excellent Quality, daytime running light for Cadillac SRX 2010-2012, Ultra-bright LED illumination, DRL Fog Lamp Cover Kit Light
Product ID: 570260832

Had mine for over a year and still look like new

Daytime Running Light: the unique car to start Automatic Identification System (LEDs switch on their own lights turn on and off)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.