Modding the factory LED accent lights - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Modding the factory LED accent lights in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by davedogcaddy here is someone else selling the same for much less. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cadillac-srx-led-lamp-srx-converted-light-srx-fog-lamp-srxl-lamp/1166450199.html t rying to decide if ...
    weealbert is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 3.0 V6
    Quote Originally Posted by davedogcaddy
    here is someone else selling the same for much less. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cadillac-srx-led-lamp-srx-converted-light-srx-fog-lamp-srxl-lamp/1166450199.html trying to decide if i wanna be the guinea pig...
    Just a word of caution. The quality of the LEDs and housing are of different quality, hence the price.

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Re: Modding the factory LED accent lights

Just a word of caution. The quality of the LEDs and housing are of different quality, hence the price.
    Both sellers have the same images with the same "brand" watermarks on the images....have you purchased either of these products? I would love to know your experience if you have.....so many questions....

Quote Originally Posted by davedogcaddy
    Both sellers have the same images with the same "brand" watermarks on the images....have you purchased either of these products? I would love to know your experience if you have.....so many questions....
    Yes, matter of fact I did as if you check the earlier tread posted. I have seen them physically and the (L shape) LEDs are not in line. Also, the quote might be for single unit, so you need to double check on that again. Besides, the color of the LEDs also vary, when I purchase mine, I tested the lights and finally got it the second time around as the first unit color differs from each other (left was slightly yellow than the right which is white).

So you have a set on your SRX right now? Could you post some high res photos of yours installed? How has the chromed-plastic held up so far? Any chipping? How long have you had them installed?

Thanks!

Edit: I just found your post/pic.....you have the ones with the straight line of LEDs at the top that several here have installed, not the 'L' shaped ones....now I'm confused...

Yes Dave. I have looked at the L shaped lights and the quality is poor hence I picked the straight bar lights. So far they are holding up well.

SRXDave is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010 Performance Gray Flannel w/ 20" Chrome Wheels

Aliexpress
    Excellent Quality, daytime running light for Cadillac SRX 2010-2012, Ultra-bright LED illumination, DRL Fog Lamp Cover Kit Light
    Product ID: 570260832

Had mine for over a year and still look like new

Daytime Running Light: the unique car to start Automatic Identification System (LEDs switch on their own lights turn on and off)
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by weealbert View Post
    Yes Dave. I have looked at the L shaped lights and the quality is poor hence I picked the straight bar lights. So far they are holding up well.
    Thanks for the clarification, and sharing your findings!

Had mine for over a year and still look like new

Great to hear some longevity reports as well. Yours looks great! I guess I'll stick with the tried and true version.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.