Service rear axle
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Service rear axle in Cadillac SRX Forums; Any experience with "service rear axle" DIC message? This message appears intermittently on 2012 SRX AWD. Dealer says no fault ...
    ginjack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Service rear axle

Any experience with "service rear axle" DIC message? This message appears intermittently on 2012 SRX AWD. Dealer says no fault code appears, so nothing to fix, and wants vehicle brought in when message is on DIC.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Service rear axle

Yep, my 2010 did it to me a pile of times, usually in winter below -20*C though. It ended up being a rear end module.
    There is also a filter for the fluid that sometimes needs a change, and it will kick off that warning as well.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ginjack View Post
    Any experience with "service rear axle" DIC message? This message appears intermittently on 2012 SRX AWD. Dealer says no fault code appears, so nothing to fix, and wants vehicle brought in when message is on DIC.
    Hello ginjack,

I understand how intermittent issues can be frustrating to deal with. I recommend taking a video or note of the circumstances your vehicle is under when this light comes on again. Let me know if there is anything I can help with. We are here to assist and can be contacted via private message to further discuss concerns or questions you have.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Laura,
    To not shut off car, cancel intended destination, and go directly to dealer (40 miles) if the message appears is not always a viable option. Since on my July18 visit the service manager "had not experienced this problem before" I e-mailed him a DIC photo when it re-occurred on Aug 5. I inquired if Bulletin PI-0703-B applied to my vehicle but received no answer.
    Thanks for your concern, John Wheelock

Quote Originally Posted by ginjack View Post
    Laura,
    To not shut off car, cancel intended destination, and go directly to dealer (40 miles) if the message appears is not always a viable option. Since on my July18 visit the service manager "had not experienced this problem before" I e-mailed him a DIC photo when it re-occurred on Aug 5. I inquired if Bulletin PI-0703-B applied to my vehicle but received no answer.
    Thanks for your concern, John Wheelock
    Hello John,

You are welcome. I am here to assist any way that I can. I can help answer your question if you provide me with your VIN in a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and to further discuss your concern.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

halp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2004 CTS

Service rear axle

Driving along yesterday and noticed that a "Service Rear Axle" message appeared in the speedometer center screen. I turned the knob to change the screen and when I turned it back to view the speed the message was gone. I have driven more than 40 miles and turned the vehicle on and off several times and the message has not come back. Was it a fluke?

My 2012 with 19000 miles has shown this message 3 times in the last 3 weeks. This is a known problem and there is a service bulletin to correct it. My dealer will not work on it until he can see the message himself. This is difficult to do because you can't shut the car off, open a door, release a seat belt, or do anything that will change the DIC. You might visit my post dated 08/06/13.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Thread merged with one that already existed. Please do a search on your key words before posting new threads.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by halp View Post
    Driving along yesterday and noticed that a "Service Rear Axle" message appeared in the speedometer center screen. I turned the knob to change the screen and when I turned it back to view the speed the message was gone. I have driven more than 40 miles and turned the vehicle on and off several times and the message has not come back. Was it a fluke?
    Hello halp,

I apologize for any trouble this displayed message is causing for you. I would like to look into this for you. Please provide me with your VIN and current mileage and I can research this on your behalf. I can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hi Laura:
    PM sent.
    Hal

Hi Laura:
    PM sent.
    Hal
    Thanks for the heads up Hal. I will check my private messages and continue to interact with you that way.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Hal. I will check my private messages and continue to interact with you that way.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thank you Laura. I also PMd you my email address.

Thank you Laura. I also PMd you my email address.
    Hi Hal,

Yes, I did receive your message with your Email address.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Re: Service rear axle update

Well after more than two weeks without the message it came back over the weekend. I took the vehicle into the dealer today and showed it to them before I shut off the engine.
    They checked and the vehicle was showing code #CO407-64 present slip detected.

Ended up replacing rear diff clutch piston and filter along with lube and additive.

Gave me a loaner to use and called me 4 hours later that work was complete including road test and wash.

Service rep told me that mine was the third one he had seen with this problem.
    ginjack likes this.

Re: Service rear axle update

Well after more than two weeks without the message it came back over the weekend. I took the vehicle into the dealer today and showed it to them before I shut off the engine.
    They checked and the vehicle was showing code #CO407-64 present slip detected.

Ended up replacing rear diff clutch piston and filter along with lube and additive.

Gave me a loaner to use and called me 4 hours later that work was complete including road test and wash.

Service rep told me that mine was the third one he had seen with this problem.
    Hello Hal,

Thanks for keeping us updated! I am glad to hear that you were able to take your vehicle into the dealership when the message was present. I am also glad to hear that they were able to address and repair the issue. Are you satisfied with the repair and is the vehicle working to your satisfaction now? Thank you very much for taking the time to update us.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.