Service rear axle - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Service rear axle in Cadillac SRX Forums; I dont want to start a flame war here, but.... I had the warning twice, about 7 days apart, when ...
    Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

Re: Service rear axle

I dont want to start a flame war here, but....
    I had the warning twice, about 7 days apart, when it was cold and I had driven about 15 miles on the highway. I called the dealership because I really didnt want to panic, but didnt want to cause more damage. They urged me to bring it in and gave me a loaner, had the car for 4 days.
    The dealer replaced the rear diff clutch piston kit due to leaking differential clutch piston seals
    They also noticed the right rear seal leaking and replaced.
    Performed premium care maintenance (oil change) even though I still had 40% left.
    Replaced rear hatch switch due to corrosion.
    Replaced both front upper strut mounts due to squeak.

None of these are really big items to me, and my dealer is only 20 minutes away, so as long as I have a loaner, I have no negative feelings about the issues. Perfection might be nice, but I have been unable to achieve it yet, so I dont really expect it from anyone else (I am seldom disappointed).
    As long as they work hard to make my car as perfect as possible, and every maintenance entry has a "Warranty" in the cost column, I am a happy customer...
    I'm glad they encouraged me to bring it in. It was only intermittent, and I'm sure it would have gotten more frequent before any permanent damage.

wagsoja is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Ok, I can't believe this problem is as common as it is! Here is my situation. The service rear axle light came on. Took it to dealer and they adjusted the fluid levels. Within a week, the axle light came on again, so I took it back to dealer. They did the differential clutch replacement, with the piston kit, filter kit, fluid, lubricant and additive. This was on Friday. The light came on again tonight!! HELP!!!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by wagsoja View Post
    Ok, I can't believe this problem is as common as it is! Here is my situation. The service rear axle light came on. Took it to dealer and they adjusted the fluid levels. Within a week, the axle light came on again, so I took it back to dealer. They did the differential clutch replacement, with the piston kit, filter kit, fluid, lubricant and additive. This was on Friday. The light came on again tonight!! HELP!!!
    Hello wagsoja,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist with vehicle inquiries and concerns. I understand how your service rear axle light coming on again is frustrating. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation with you. Please send me a private message or email to socialmedia@gm.com that includes your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealer name and location. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Amy V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Hello,
    I just got home from the dealersip and am very aggravated. I brought my 2012 SRX in to the dealership for the past 2 oil changes and explained that the service rear axle light keeps coming on. They told me it is common and not to worry. Since my last oil change it has come on 6 times. I called the dealership and they scheduled an appointment for me to come in today. I told them since I called it has come on 2 times, I even took pictures of the last 2 times with my phone to show them it came on March 13 & March 15. I sat waited and then was told nothing showed up on testing, that I need to bring it in when the light is on. Not to worry about my safety, (I have 2 children 3 years old and 5 months old) he said "Its might just be a sensor". After reading this I am not happy and really am thinking about trading it in since I purchased it and not leased. Not sure what else I can do. Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Amy V View Post
    Hello,
    I just got home from the dealersip and am very aggravated. I brought my 2012 SRX in to the dealership for the past 2 oil changes and explained that the service rear axle light keeps coming on. They told me it is common and not to worry. Since my last oil change it has come on 6 times. I called the dealership and they scheduled an appointment for me to come in today. I told them since I called it has come on 2 times, I even took pictures of the last 2 times with my phone to show them it came on March 13 & March 15. I sat waited and then was told nothing showed up on testing, that I need to bring it in when the light is on. Not to worry about my safety, (I have 2 children 3 years old and 5 months old) he said "Its might just be a sensor". After reading this I am not happy and really am thinking about trading it in since I purchased it and not leased. Not sure what else I can do. Can anyone help?
    Hi Amy V,

I apologize for your frustration in dealing with this rear axle issue. Safety is our primary concern and I would like to look into this on your behalf. If you could please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information, I will open up a case file and reach out to your dealership. Hope to hear from you soon.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I had the same issue on my 2013 and after replacing rear differential control module and rear differential pump it went away. As far as the dealer telling you " it is a normal for this light to come on " it is absurd. Looks like this is happening way to often but do not expect GM to issue a recall. Just read the recent news about GM.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by miamictsv View Post
    I had the same issue on my 2013 and after replacing rear differential control module and rear differential pump it went away. As far as the dealer telling you " it is a normal for this light to come on " it is absurd. Looks like this is happening way to often but do not expect GM to issue a recall. Just read the recent news about GM.
    A recall is for safety issues only. If this issue is recall worthy, there would be a hundred recalls on each vehicle manufactured. Now, there could be a TSB issued on it in the future, which would direct the technicians how to fix the problem.
    Huey Driver likes this.

srxycaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX4 PERFORMANCE (Mocha Steel Met. / Shale Brownstone)

Another "service axle" here. Mine is a 2012 with about 30,000 miles. It happens intermitantly, about 5 times in the last month. Going in for service, I hope I don't get the runaround. Did yours get taken care of AmyV? Anyone else still "waiting" for a breakdown to get service?

miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    A recall is for safety issues only. If this issue is recall worthy, there would be a hundred recalls on each vehicle manufactured. Now, there could be a TSB issued on it in the future, which would direct the technicians how to fix the problem.
    GM track record with recalls of any issues is poor at best. Guess what, all Chevy Cruise 1.4T sales are now halted ( axle, drive train issues ). GM quality is poor and i have the proof with my 2 Cadillac's.
    TSB like you said should be issued as i am sure a lot more customers not readings forums are probably having this issue. This is my personal experience with GM.

Hello srxycaddy,

I deeply apologize for the vehicle concern you are experiencing. If you would like to further discuss your situation and have our involvement while working with your dealership, please feel free to contact us via private message. Make sure you include your full contact information, VIN and dealership name. We are more than happy to assist.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks Laura. I'll contact Cadillac next week and I'll let you know how it goes.

Just got the car back from the dealer today; rear piston and seals replaced. The "service rear axle" warning wasn't on when I took it to them but they replaced the parts with no hassle. They washed the car for my wife and even gave her 2 roses when she picked up

Sorry to hear some people are getting the runaround from other dealers; this has been my first trip in for service and the experience has been great. Maybe time for others to locate another dealer that's willing to help out (if available). Good luck.

Hello srxycaddy,

Nice to hear from you! We appreciate the update. I am glad your service appointment with your dealership went well and that you are satisfied with the outcome of your situation. I hope you and your wife continue to enjoy your SRX. Please don't hesitate to contact us via private message if additional questions or concerns arise.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Good stuff!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium
    Any one have a link or info on changing all fluids myself on a 2010 SRX AWD ( rear diff, front diff and xfer case ) ? Truck has 80k

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.