Service rear axle - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Service rear axle in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc Hello Hal, Thanks for keeping us updated! I am glad to hear that you ...
    halp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2004 CTS

Re: Service rear axle update

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Hal,

Thanks for keeping us updated! I am glad to hear that you were able to take your vehicle into the dealership when the message was present. I am also glad to hear that they were able to address and repair the issue. Are you satisfied with the repair and is the vehicle working to your satisfaction now? Thank you very much for taking the time to update us.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Very pleased with service and timely repair on my vehicle. Service rep was great. Kept me informed, arranged loaner, and called when my vehicle was ready. Treated me as a valued customer. I am glad though that I have two years left on my warranty as this is the second failure I have had with this vehicle. Just two months ago they had to replace the receiver / dryer for the AC. I am pretty sure that I will not be keeping this vehicle past the end of the warranty.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Service rear axle update

Quote Originally Posted by halp View Post
    Very pleased with service and timely repair on my vehicle. Service rep was great. Kept me informed, arranged loaner, and called when my vehicle was ready. Treated me as a valued customer. I am glad though that I have two years left on my warranty as this is the second failure I have had with this vehicle. Just two months ago they had to replace the receiver / dryer for the AC. I am pretty sure that I will not be keeping this vehicle past the end of the warranty.
    Hi Hal,

Thanks for letting Gregory and I know more specifics about your dealer visit. I am happy the service was great for you! I understand how vehicle issues can be frustrating to deal with. Don't hesitate to contact us if additional concerns or issues arise!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Lencarguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Premium, Platinum Ice/Ebony

Re: Service rear axle

Same message came up on mine last Thursday. Took it to the dealer on Friday, they still have it. It is supposed to be done tomorrow. Service dept. says it needs a rear axle kit. Won't know exactly what that is until I pick it up. BTW - it has less than 12,000 miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencarguy View Post
    Same message came up on mine last Thursday. Took it to the dealer on Friday, they still have it. It is supposed to be done tomorrow. Service dept. says it needs a rear axle kit. Won't know exactly what that is until I pick it up. BTW - it has less than 12,000 miles on it.
    Hello Lencarguy,

I am glad the dealer is helping resolve your vehicle service rear axle issue. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has been while leaving your vehicle at the dealer the past few days. Please keep us updated after you pick your vehicle up at the dealer. If there is anything you would like to further discuss, or if you have questions, contact me via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hello Lencarguy,

I am glad the dealer is helping resolve your vehicle service rear axle issue. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has been while leaving your vehicle at the dealer the past few days. Please keep us updated after you pick your vehicle up at the dealer. If there is anything you would like to further discuss, or if you have questions, contact me via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks, Laura. Will do.

Thanks, Laura. Will do.
    You are very welcome, Lencarguy.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

ginjack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Update: I determined the message would only appear after vehicle sat idle for at least two days and then driven four miles. Would not stay on till dealer(40 miles). Dealer repaired rear differential clutch. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by ginjack View Post
    Update: I determined the message would only appear after vehicle sat idle for at least two days and then driven four miles. Would not stay on till dealer(40 miles). Dealer repaired rear differential clutch. Problem solved.
    Hello John,

Thank you for updating the thread. I am glad you were able to duplicate this concern and work with the dealer towards a resolution. Continue to enjoy your SRX and if any questions arise, please contact me via private message so I can assist.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hello Lencarguy,

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    I got the car back yesterday. Error code C0407 was detected. They said all the fluid was in one side of the axle and nothing in the other. They installed a piston kit, pump kit, fluid and lubricant. Hopefully this will be the end.

I got the car back yesterday. Error code C0407 was detected. They said all the fluid was in one side of the axle and nothing in the other. They installed a piston kit, pump kit, fluid and lubricant. Hopefully this will be the end.
    Hello Lencarguy,

Thanks for keeping us updated! I am glad that the dealership was able to address the issue you were experiencing. Please let us know if you experience the issue again, or if you have any further questions or concerns. As Laura stated, you can always reach out to us via private message if you would like to contact us. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Bejay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Luxury

I had the service rear axle message appear on mine with 61,000 miles yesterday. Dealer replaced piston kit, fluid was in one side and not the other. Had front right wheel bearing replaced with 51,000 miles this Spring. With that being said, I am not real impressed with the quality and engineering of this drive train. I expected better from a Cadillac.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Time to change dealers.....

My 2012 with 19000 miles has shown this message 3 times in the last 3 weeks. This is a known problem and there is a service bulletin to correct it. My dealer will not work on it until he can see the message himself. This is difficult to do because you can't shut the car off, open a door, release a seat belt, or do anything that will change the DIC. You might visit my post dated 08/06/13.
    This is just pure laziness on his part. Essentially, he's calling you a liar. Does he think people have nothing better to do than fabricate defects in their vehicles and then waste time bringing them in? Half the problems you'll have with this vehicle will be intermittent. Are you supposed to camp out down the street from the dealer so that you can be close by when a message pops up? This is a major problem I have with the network of Cadillac dealers. The quality of dealerships varies from one end of the spectrum to the other. My dealer replaced the whole radio when I only asked for a software update. They routinely perform every software update available every time I take it in for service. I'm talking about updates that aren't even related to what I'm bringing the car in for in the first place. This is what I call being proactive, instead of reactive. Software updates don't cost them anything. They hook it up to a computer and download them while fixing something else. They know some of these issues can take forever to replicate. They've never refused to make repairs BASED ON MY WORD ONLY. They have one specific mechanic who works on my car every time. Being a family owned dealer for almost 30 years, they rely on repeat business. This makes them try harder and go that extra step. All Cadillac dealers should follow their example. Is your dealer a dedicated Cadillac dealer, or is it Chevy, Cadillac, Oldsmobile, etc. all rolled into one? If it's the latter, you may be better off going to a dealer that services Cadillacs ONLY. They tend to be more familiar with the idiosyncrasies of our car. I don't know your situation. They may be the only dealer within a reasonable distance. However, if they're not, I'd start considering a change. Check out dealerrater.com to find a preferred dealer, based on actual customer experiences.

Sube

Quote Originally Posted by Bejay View Post
    I had the service rear axle message appear on mine with 61,000 miles yesterday. Dealer replaced piston kit, fluid was in one side and not the other. Had front right wheel bearing replaced with 51,000 miles this Spring. With that being said, I am not real impressed with the quality and engineering of this drive train. I expected better from a Cadillac.
    Hello Bejay,

I am glad to hear that the dealership was able to address the concerns you were experiencing with your SRX. I apologize that you have had this experience. Thank you very much for keeping us updated and please feel free to reach out to us via private message if you have any further questions or concerns regarding your vehicle.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Time to change dealers.....

Got the "Service Rear Axle" message while about 130 miles from home and going away to Thanksgiving dinner 275 miles away. Took it to dealer; got loaner XTS; they took a couple of days, but ended up installing new clutch-pack piston (and presumably filter). All's well again. It's my wife's car, and we love it.

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    This is just pure laziness on his part. Essentially, he's calling you a liar ...
    Agree absolutely.

I changed dealers when mine disputed that my '05 CTS-V was experiencing wheelhop in wet conditions and I wanted the GM fix (replacement bushings) installed. Service manager didn't believe me and wanted to see it produce wheelhop. I baby the car, and he wanted me to abuse the car to prove my point. I've never been back there.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

My 2012 with 19000 miles has shown this message 3 times in the last 3 weeks. This is a known problem and there is a service bulletin to correct it. My dealer will not work on it until he can see the message himself. This is difficult to do because you can't shut the car off, open a door, release a seat belt, or do anything that will change the DIC. You might visit my post dated 08/06/13.
    With all respect this type of attitude on the part of your dealer really sours the way customers feel about dealers and Cadillac. I have a 2012 SRX Premium with 17.5K, so far the DIC has only flashed the message one time. It was very cold and only stayed on a minute or so. My dealer believed me and ask did I want them to service it or see if it happens again. I opted to wait and see if it happens again. Bill

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.