All new SRX coming to a dealership near you in 2014!?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, All new SRX coming to a dealership near you in 2014!? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Well, it's a no brainier to me now the '15 SRX wIll be the 3rd Gen from the fact the ...
    '12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

All new SRX coming to a dealership near you in 2014!?

Well, it's a no brainier to me now the '15 SRX wIll be the 3rd Gen from the fact the only change on the '14 is Intellibeam and three new colors. Will new front and rear ends with total LED lighting make the SRX the top seller in the crossover category? I don't think so. I'm thinking the twin turbo V6 as a premium option and a 2nd Gen CUE system with more apps will be a good start. I am also seeing the end of the CD player as standard equipment. Could any or all things members have listed recently about what is lacking in the current SRX make it in the '15. Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Re: All new SRX coming to a dealership near you in 2014!?

Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman View Post
    Well, it's a no brainier to me now the '15 SRX wIll be the 3rd Gen from the fact the only change on the '14 is Intellibeam and three new colors. Will new front and rear ends with total LED lighting make the SRX the top seller in the crossover category? I don't think so. I'm thinking the twin turbo V6 as a premium option and a 2nd Gen CUE system with more apps will be a good start. I am also seeing the end of the CD player as standard equipment. Could any or all things members have listed recently about what is lacking in the current SRX make it in the '15. Any thoughts?
    I was just reading about this in USA Today.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...ppear/2601827/
    Many of the things that were recently listed in this forum may be added as well. While it's been talked to death here, making HID headlamps standard equipment, or at least an Ala carte option, would be a step in the right direction to stay competitive. Show me a vehicle in this segment that does not have them. Most do. Having all these safety features that amount to nannies, but not having brighter and more efficient, and adaptive, headlamps seems to be a contradiction. I don't think HID and 20" wheels have any connection with each other, but it seems that Cadillac does. I could do without CUE, but haven't really seen it in person. I prefer buttons as much as possible, but it seems that they are going away slowly but surely. My 2006 BMW530 was a real PITA with iDrive and few buttons. I like having the redundant manual controls in my '12 SRX Luxury with Nav.

Kauai 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux; 2013 XTS Lux

According to a GM Inside News.com report today, they project the replacement for the 2nd gen SRX to be a 2016 model year vehicle using a new FWD platform.

Hockeyfox is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX

My dealer "thought" it was going to be 2015 for the new SRX model. But I have not seem any spy pics or reports so maybe it is 2016. Perhaps the Cadillac support folks that monitor this forum would be able to provide an answer.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyfox View Post
    My dealer "thought" it was going to be 2015 for the new SRX model. But I have not seem any spy pics or reports so maybe it is 2016. Perhaps the Cadillac support folks that monitor this forum would be able to provide an answer.
    I highly doubt you'll get anything out of Caddy support personnel except an "I'm sorry". They're very good at apologizing.
    jbonacci likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauai 1
    According to a GM Inside News.com report today, they project the replacement for the 2nd gen SRX to be a 2016 model year vehicle using a new FWD platform.
    I can't seem to find the article you mentioned. I can't see Cadillac waiting until 2015 for the 3rd gen. I'm still sticking with my gut feeling.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1
    Many of the things that were recently listed in this forum may be added as well. While it's been talked to death here, making HID headlamps standard equipment, or at least an Ala carte option, would be a step in the right direction to stay competitive. Show me a vehicle in this segment that does not have them. Most do. Having all these safety features that amount to nannies, but not having brighter and more efficient, and adaptive, headlamps seems to be a contradiction. I don't think HID and 20" wheels have any connection with each other, but it seems that Cadillac does. I could do without CUE, but haven't really seen it in person. I prefer buttons as much as possible, but it seems that they are going away slowly but surely. My 2006 BMW530 was a real PITA with iDrive and few buttons. I like having the redundant manual controls in my '12 SRX Luxury with Nav.
    My wife's '12 Prius v 5 has LED low beams headlights and they are great. If Cadillac wants to be the standard of the world they need to get their stuff together and go all the way with the latest and greatest. HID is so '90s. Cadillac had LEDs on the '09 Escalade Platinum. What are waiting for? If you've seen the Acura RLX or new MDX at night you'll see how Cadillac is missing the boat.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman

I can't seem to find the article you mentioned. I can't see Cadillac waiting until 2015 for the 3rd gen. I'm still sticking with my gut feeling.

----------

My wife's '12 Prius v 5 has LED low beams headlights and they are great. If Cadillac wants to be the standard of the world they need to get their stuff together and go all the way with the latest and greatest. HID is so '90s. Cadillac had LEDs on the '09 Escalade Platinum. What are waiting for? If you've seen the Acura RLX or new MDX at night you'll see how Cadillac is missing the boat.[/QUOTE]

I think it's a bit much to say that HID's have run their course and are outdated technology. When I looked at a Prius a few years back, I asked about the LED headlamps. I was told repeatedly that they are no brighter than halogen, but use less electricity. I remember my first experience with HID. I was driving a loaner car and started the car at night . When the lights first came on, it was almost like the daylight of the sun. LED's are likely to fail much sooner than HID. To say that HID is 90's tech is quite a stretch IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1

My wife's '12 Prius v 5 has LED low beams headlights and they are great. If Cadillac wants to be the standard of the world they need to get their stuff together and go all the way with the latest and greatest. HID is so '90s. Cadillac had LEDs on the '09 Escalade Platinum. What are waiting for? If you've seen the Acura RLX or new MDX at night you'll see how Cadillac is missing the boat.
    I think it's a bit much to say that HID's have run their course and are outdated technology. When I looked at a Prius a few years back, I asked about the LED headlamps. I was told repeatedly that they are no brighter than halogen, but use less electricity. I remember my first experience with HID. I was driving a loaner car and started the car at night . When the lights first came on, it was almost like the daylight of the sun. LED's are likely to fail much sooner than HID. To say that HID is 90's tech is quite a stretch IMO.[/QUOTE]

My bad. I should have written so 1890s. I think you read it as 1990s. While xenon HID lamps are relatively new, mercury vapor HID lamps has been around since the turn of the last century. LED is the future in all lighting from home to automotive. I don't want to get in a pissing contest about the issue, but the facts are the facts. Xenon HID lamps will last 2000 hours, but LEDs can last 100,000 hours. Brighter is not always better, but throw length and the light pattern is. Unless NHTSA gets their act together about auto LED design this may be a moot issue. Some senior citizen groups are lobbying against not only xenon HID, but LED too, due to the bad designs of early HID applications that caused glare for the old folks and the idiots with their after market flamethrowers that blind everyone. Audi's new Smart LED technology is the future, but not in the US so far since there is no high and low beam as required by NHTSA since 1968 in their Smart system. Hopefully, NHTSA will see the light (pun intended) soon and we can all benefit from what LED technology can truly offer to all drivers, young and old.

Well, it looks like I will be eating crow soon. There has been no mention of the 3rd Gen SRX in any of the auto rags, or announcements at the auto shows so far this year. Unfortunately, at my age and with chronic new car fever I can't wait another year or two for the 3rd Gen SRX. Cadillac is sure taking a big gamble trying to convince prospective buyers to buy a '14 and much less a '15 with just minor cosmetic changes considering 2013 sales numbers of the SRX were lower than 2012, albeit small. Sales of the SRX seem to be lagging so far this year, and this horrible winter weather has not helped. More and more it looks like there is no new Cadillac SRX in my future. Sorry Cadillac.

2012SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Well, it looks like I will be eating crow soon. There has been no mention of the 3rd Gen SRX in any of the auto rags, or announcements at the auto shows so far this year. Unfortunately, at my age and with chronic new car fever I can't wait another year or two for the 3rd Gen SRX. Cadillac is sure taking a big gamble trying to convince prospective buyers to buy a '14 and much less a '15 with just minor cosmetic changes considering 2013 sales numbers of the SRX were lower than 2012, albeit small. Sales of the SRX seem to be lagging so far this year, and this horrible winter weather has not helped. More and more it looks like there is no new Cadillac SRX in my future. Sorry Cadillac.
    From what I have seen the '15 SRX production starts 6/16/14. Also, my local well respected Cadillac dealer believes no changes at all…hard to think that nothing, not even a new color, would change. Hopefully in March the '15 Ordering Guide will be available…so we can see for certain.

Tup
    Tup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Perhaps a very short run 2015 model with an early intro on a 3'rd gen 2016 in Jan/Feb 2015? I have seen that before. This would boost the sales numbers for a 2015 model.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

We haven't seen any evidence of a design change yet. (No GM words, pics, camo IVERs) And the Mid Cycle Enhancement came in '13, so we will probably go to '16 on this body style.
    When we start seeing camo'd SRXs out and about, then we will know we are close to a change up.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

You would think we would have seen some by now. Have had my '14 for 2 weeks now. Absolutely love it.
    Caddy needs to work on some refinement. Can feel the engine vibration in the steering wheel when in drive and brake on. Also when shifting from reverse to drive.
    Power liftgate and rear parking sensors should be standard as they were in the gen 1.
    You have to got to a $45k performance to get HIDs. Weird.
    And the sunroof should be ala carte.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

I'm waiting to see what happens with the SRX and the 2015 model. I hope Cadillac introduces the 3rd Generation of SRX in 2015 as I want a new car this fall. If Caddy doesn't step up it looks like ML Mercedes for me.
    Bill

Movinon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Performance

I would like a bit more cargo space and have the rear seats slide forward and aft to increase or decrease the cargo space as needed.
    Take a few hundred pounds off the weight and have a turbo 6 option.
    Melanie Boyer likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.