Newbie Question - NAV Defauts to Washington DC - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Newbie Question - NAV Defauts to Washington DC in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by davedogcaddy Those only work automatically when the car is in REVERSE, you have to press the button ...
    westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Re: Newbie Question - NAV Defauts to Washington DC

Quote Originally Posted by davedogcaddy View Post
    Those only work automatically when the car is in REVERSE, you have to press the button next to the shifter to turn them on otherwise. Even then you have to be pretty close to something for them to alert you. The display only shows something when you get close enough for them to detect. Otherwise the only way you know the system is 'active' is the light on the button that turns the system on by the shifter.
    The dealer phoned yesterday afternoon and said they had done the software update and tested it later in the day but the upgrade did not hold and it went back to the Washington default etc. so they have ordered a new radio for it which should arrive in time for the vehicle to be ready today or tomorrow.
    I can't really understand why the front distance sensor only displays when the car is started even if the switch (which I did not know about) has been turned off? Oh well I will ask the dealer when I pick up my vehicle.
    Thanks to everyone for your advice and help on this subject, without this forum I would have probably just lived with the problem.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Originally Posted by westham
    Originally Posted by davedogcaddy
    yup, that is part of the same issue

they always want to do this first. but it never fixes it. do yourself a favor and set the clock/nav location in the dealership parking lot after they re done. shut the car off, lock it, and browse the lot for 20 mins. this way when it's still broken you can go ahead and get a loaner and have them check it back in for replacement.

not sure why *they* never test it after the update but....
    That's a good tip, also noticed the front distance chime and display are not working, the alert only comes on when the car is started (after parking close to a wall the night before) another strange problem.
    I have been given a loaner ........ 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T with all of the bells and whistles and only 10 miles on it ......... so have no bad feelings against the dealer for now
    Hi westham,

We're glad that you were given a loaner from the dealer for your repair (hope you're enjoying your time with the ATS) and are pleased that they're working on resolving this issue for you. If there's anything we can help you with please let us know. Keep us updated on the status of your vehicle.

Amber N. (assisting Gregory W.)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.