Newbie question. Would you do it again?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Newbie question. Would you do it again? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello everyone, I am new and looking to get a new vehicle. The 2nd Gen SRX is at the top ...
    beewize2 Guest

Newbie question. Would you do it again?

Hello everyone,

I am new and looking to get a new vehicle. The 2nd Gen SRX is at the top of my list (pre-owned). For those of you who own a 2nd gen would you buy a pre-owned one with 50k or less miles?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Newbie question. Would you do it again?

Quote Originally Posted by beewize2 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am new and looking to get a new vehicle. The 2nd Gen SRX is at the top of my list (pre-owned). For those of you who own a 2nd gen would you buy a pre-owned one with 50k or less miles?
    Hello beewize2,

Welcome to the forum! This is a great way to stay connected with other Caddy owners and lovers. I see you have reached out to the community for this question. I am sure there will be a lot of people interacting with you on this thread. I just wanted to shout out to you and let you know I am here to be of assistance. I can help answer questions you may have or current vehicle concerns. I am able to be reached via private message or by Email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

I honestly would not buy a 2010-2011. The difference in the 3.6 engine in the 2012-2014 seems to be significant. Our 2012 is the first SRX we have had but most here agree the 3.6 is much better.

Red2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx

I agree with adamjeeps.

One of my in-laws purchased a 2012 (which has the better engine -- that should have been in the 2010-2011 models). It has been a much better vehicle than mine. She lives on the east coast and travels to work through snowstorms and the SRX has handled it beautifully. She's had less mechanical issues at 25,000 than I did on the 2010. I currently have 66,700 on my 2010 and 65% of my mechanical issues developed right after 50,000 mile mark.

beewize2 Guest

Thanks!

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

We did do it again. We had a 10 and bought a 13. The 10 was a good car, but the 13 is much better with all the refinements and the larger engine. I would probably do it again a few years, depending on how the body style looks.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

I bought another again as well. First a '10. Now a '13. Get a '12+ with the 3.6, you won't regret it!

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

We have a 12 Premium and love it. We will probably purchase a 15 and SRX will be the first car we look at. So our 12 has been the best new car we've ever had.
    Bill

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

I have owned a 2010, 2012 & 2013 SRX. I would highly recommend a 2012 or 2013 too. Love the 3.6 engine and love all the great refinements that were done to the SRX platform since the first 2010 SRX was introduced.

morven39 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance FWD

Yes. Had a 2010 Luxury and had no real problems for 42000 miles. Traded for a 2013 Performance about a week ago and can really tell the difference in the power even in the economy mode. Got 23.4 mpg going from south Georgia to Atlanta with some very slow moving in heavy traffic once there. After leaving, drove back to Warner Robins and filled up with gas. The remainder of the trip back was mostly interstate and was able to drive at 70-75 mph most of the time. Got 26.3 mpg the remainder of the way home. If it continues to get this type mpg, I will be very happy. Very comfortable ride. One thing to remember, if you get a 2013 and plan on adding a trailer hitch, try to find one with it already installed. The 2013 does not have the quick connect pigtail wire for easy hook up of trailering wiring. I found out when I got ready to install wiring and hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    We have a 12 Premium and love it. We will probably purchase a 15 and SRX will be the first car we look at. So our 12 has been the best new car we've ever had.
    Bill
    Hi Bill,

Glad you love your 12' SRX Premium. I see you are probably going to stick with the Caddy family in the near future. The SRX will be a great continued choice. I am happy your 2012 is the best new car you ever had. Continue to enjoy driving your Cadillac around! If you ever have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    I have owned a 2010, 2012 & 2013 SRX. I would highly recommend a 2012 or 2013 too. Love the 3.6 engine and love all the great refinements that were done to the SRX platform since the first 2010 SRX was introduced.
    Hello Marc NY,

It seems you have been happy with the SRX Caddy. I see you now own a 13' SRX. I am glad you love the engine and changes that have been done to the platform. Continue to enjoy driving your Cadillac! Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance with anything.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

i love my 2010 srx. purchased in Jan with 31k. coming from a 2005 v6 srx i have no complaints about the engine power.

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX, '10 SRX Luxury Radiant Silver / Titanium w/Ebony

I own a 2010; leased it new and then purchased the car when the lease expired. To be honest I test drove the 2013 extensively and I really didn't see much of a difference between the two; the 2013 was a little quieter interior wise; had CUE (no biggie for me), but the engine didn't really seem to make that much of a difference. Be careful here, people will always try to justify their purchase decision.

I think the 2010 would be a fantastic car for you. I has been for me.
    davedogcaddy likes this.

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

I own 2013, love it. I had an 2010 before, too many issues for me. Way under powered was my main issue. The new 3.6 in the 2012 and 2013 is great. Like day and night difference. If you can see your way, buy an 2012 or 2013. Good luck on what ever you decide....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.