Newbie question. Would you do it again? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Newbie question. Would you do it again? in Cadillac SRX Forums; We had our 10 for two and half years of trouble free service . It was a good car. We ...
    Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Re: Newbie question. Would you do it again?

We had our 10 for two and half years of trouble free service . It was a good car. We have had our 13 for about 10 months now. It is a much better car. More refined, and anyone that tells you that the 3.6 doesn't make a big difference is feeding you a load of bull. While I never felt the 3.0 was vastly underpowered, I didn't like the loud noise it made when you had to really get on it, and it seemed like it was straining. No problems like that with the 3.6. It is smooth, quiet, and gets as good or better mileage than the 3.0 Take most of the people's advice and go for a 12 or 14 if possible. I know last year at this time, my dealer had a lot of 12 demos for sale at great prices.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

I agree on the 2013. You should be able to get a new or demo 2013 for a used price either now or in the next couple of months.

You can even still find some new 2012's out there that I did not know about:

http://www.cadillac.com/tools/2012-s...Vehicle/InitUS

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

After years of driving Crown Vics, I got my first verbal warning for speeding in 30 years in my 2010 SRX. 50 in a 35. I didn't realize I was going that fast, despite the DIC.

The 3.0 is plenty for me! Since the Statie was younger than my son, I caught a break. The car moves fast! Easy on that pedal!

Amazingly fun to drive and tight steering. I get around 18 mpg overall. I didn't buy it for the gas mileage, though. Test drive one and you'll be hooked..

hsfbfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

We bought a 2011 with 30,000 miles in January. It now has 42,000 miles and we are very pleased. I don't find the 3.0 to be underpowered just have to rev it to get it there. I'd rather have had a 2012 for that reason, but the one we got was the most we could afford. We also had a 2008, which we loved, but it lost it's life to black ice and a guard rail, but this car is much more refined and gets LOTS better gas mileage.

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Hi,
    I just purchased a 2010 Luxury two weeks ago with 33,305 miles, well it failed to start the morning after I purchased it so back to the dealer for a new Battery, still getting used to the vehicle, front wheel drive is different, seems quite a bit of road noise, noise also when driving with sun roof open, blower fan seems noisy, AC could be colder, I wish it downloaded my phone contacts rather than entering them in one by one, can't get the digital clock to stay at the correct time, navigation keeps defaulting to Washinton DC (I'm told this can be fixed with a software update at the dealer but not sure) Not at all impressed with the gas mileage so far, I don't think you will ever get 18 city 25 highway even on Fantasy Island, after saying all of this I do like the looks of the vehicle both inside and out and it is comfortable, have yet to go a a decent length trip, would I buy another, well it's early days and the Jury is still out on this question........but right now I'm leaning to no.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Westham, most of the problems you speak of are known issues for the 10 SRX. ost if nt ll o them have a remedy, you just have to get the work done while under warranty. Obviously the previous owner didn't notice, or care. There is a front suspension bulletin, radio/nav will probably have to be replaced, and so on.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    There is a service bulletin on the AC as well.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by westham View Post
    Hi,
    I just purchased a 2010 Luxury two weeks ago with 33,305 miles, well it failed to start the morning after I purchased it so back to the dealer for a new Battery, still getting used to the vehicle, front wheel drive is different, seems quite a bit of road noise, noise also when driving with sun roof open, blower fan seems noisy, AC could be colder, I wish it downloaded my phone contacts rather than entering them in one by one, can't get the digital clock to stay at the correct time, navigation keeps defaulting to Washinton DC (I'm told this can be fixed with a software update at the dealer but not sure) Not at all impressed with the gas mileage so far, I don't think you will ever get 18 city 25 highway even on Fantasy Island, after saying all of this I do like the looks of the vehicle both inside and out and it is comfortable, have yet to go a a decent length trip, would I buy another, well it's early days and the Jury is still out on this question........but right now I'm leaning to no.
    Hello westham,

I apologize that you are experiencing these concerns with your new SRX. I know how frustrating concerns can be on a new vehicle. I see that you have brought up the no-start issue to the dealership. Have you asked them to address the other issues you are experiencing? If you would like any assistance in working with the dealership, please feel free to private message me on this account. You can also reach out to me at socialmedia@gm.com if you cannot private message me on this site. Just be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello westham,

I apologize that you are experiencing these concerns with your new SRX. I know how frustrating concerns can be on a new vehicle. I see that you have brought up the no-start issue to the dealership. Have you asked them to address the other issues you are experiencing? If you would like any assistance in working with the dealership, please feel free to private message me on this account. You can also reach out to me at socialmedia@gm.com if you cannot private message me on this site. Just be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Greg,

Why would a dealer sell a used 2010 SRX to a customer without fixing all the known issues first? Delivering a car with a bunch of issues that GM already knows about doesn't sound like a way to get repeat business.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Greg,

Why would a dealer sell a used 2010 SRX to a customer without fixing all the known issues first? Delivering a car with a bunch of issues that GM already knows about doesn't sound like a way to get repeat business.
    Hello stevec5375,

We look at our customer’s concerns on a case by case basis. If the original owner of the vehicle never brought up these concerns with the dealership, the dealership would have no reason to look for them. I would be happy to contact the dealership and inquire about this vehicle. Are you currently experiencing an issue with your SRX that I can assist with? Thank you very much for taking the time to reach out to me.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Rick46032 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX; 2010 DTS

I think the 2010 may be underpowered compared to other Cadillac engines. It won't snap your head back but after recently purchasing a used one for my wife, she test drove I didn't, and reading about this issue on the forums I took it out for a spin.

You're not going to mistake it for a sports car but it seemed to be powered well enough. Nothing extraordinary but it's no Prius either.

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Thanks for your response, I purchased the car from a Chevrolet dealer, I was told that it had been completley serviced and inspected, when I got it home I found tools from the prior owner and a put together first aid kit in the back cargo area compartments, the HDD music and the phone numbers and garage door settings from the previous owner had not been deleted. The sales manager did delete the two phones belonging to the prior owners when he showed me the car (I thought that this would delete all of the previous owners phone book as well but it did not) he also noticed the NAV defaulted to Washington DC even though the car has always been in California and also the digital clock could not be set correctly, since joining this forum I have read up on the most of these issues and as I'm typing this my SRX is in a local Cadillac dealer awaiting a new radio which I'm told will fix my issues, the dealer did check the record for the vehicle and it had none of the fixes that were available, I currently have a 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T sedan (had 10 miles on it) as a loaner so I have no complaints with this Cadillac dealer. But I am now suspect about "the full service and inspection" the Chevrolet dealer did (or did not do) when I purchased it.

----------

Thanks Greg, I purchased my 2010 SRX from a Chevrolet dealer not a Cadillac dealer, The vehicle is now at my local Cadillac dealers awaiting a new radio to be delivered, please read my prior post for the complete story.

Hello westham,

Thank you very much for responding! I do apologize that the Chevrolet dealership didn’t see the concerns when they inspected it. I am happy to hear that the local dealership is in the process of waiting for a new radio to be delivered. Please keep us posted on the results after the installation is complete if you are still experiencing the issues. Thank you very much for keeping us updated. I will be looking for your future posts.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Had mine for three days now time to develop 2nd thoughts (not a one so far), I was originally looking at (3) vehicles for serious consideration 1. ATS Premim Sedan 3.6L 2. CTS Coupe Premium 3. SRX Premium. Now I've never been a SUV / Pick-Up Truck guy, but my I bought my wife had a 2002 TrailBlazer that I really did enjoy for its versatility, performance (4.2L inline 6) and high seated driving position that we sold in 2008. Since I had many occasions that I had to rent a truck or wished I had the capabilities of an SUV the SRX always stayed in my top 3 to replace my aging '06 CTS. Well with the CTS coming into a new model and the ATS having even less room than my CTS the SRX was suddenly moved into the number 1 position.

Now that I have it I'm very pleased, it has all the carrying stuff capabilities I'll ever need (espescially after I add the trailering package), it drives like a real luxury vehicle (quiet, performance, every option I could ever want). It looks awesome (imho) and with the end of year pricing was even more affordable.

So as you asked - Yes, I would, hell I'd like to get a second one for my wife, were were actually eyeing a 2011 SRX Premium with low milage sitting on the lot yesterday.

2011SRXMo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury

I bought an '11 with 27k miles year and a half ago. Havent regretted it yet, with no problems thus far. If you can get a '12 I totally would do it. Pondered trading in our '11 for a '12 and decided to just drive for as long as possible or until/if Cadillac comes out with a 3rd row CUV/SUV to bridge the gap between the SRX&Escalade.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.