Can't Seem to Change HVAC settings
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Can't Seem to Change HVAC settings in Cadillac SRX Forums; Sorry if someone has posted about this before. I've tried searching A/C issues on the forum and I haven't found ...
    Red2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx

Can't Seem to Change HVAC settings

Sorry if someone has posted about this before. I've tried searching A/C issues on the forum and I haven't found one that's close to me issue.

I have an 2010 Luxury (manufactured in May or June 2010, original owner, just hit 66,500 miles) where I lose control to the HVAC system periodically (can't change anything via buttons, & HVAC tab on NAV screen with Weather isn't accessable). HVAC has never been serviced. There is no pattern as to when it happens. Fan may run, but no heating or cooling. Eventually, my control returns and I can make adjustments. I've noticed a couple of green oily spots on the garage floor (each were about 2 inches in diameter and are about 6-8 inches from where the water pools from the A/C). The spot doesn't appear every day I use the car. I'm guessing I have a small hose leak somewhere that only leaks when something overheats or gets aggrevated. The last couple of spots happened last week when lower Michigan was having high heat index days (one of those days was the most recent day when I lost control of the HVAC). I've identified the general area under the car where the spots are appearing.

I had the car at the dealer for another reason and mentioned the HVAC issue. All I got was a shrug.

Thanks
    Anyone have an idea why I lose temporary access/control of the HVAC?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Can't Seem to Change HVAC settings

Quote Originally Posted by Red2010 View Post
    Sorry if someone has posted about this before. I've tried searching A/C issues on the forum and I haven't found one that's close to me issue.

I have an 2010 Luxury (manufactured in May or June 2010, original owner, just hit 66,500 miles) where I lose control to the HVAC system periodically (can't change anything via buttons, & HVAC tab on NAV screen with Weather isn't accessable). HVAC has never been serviced. There is no pattern as to when it happens. Fan may run, but no heating or cooling. Eventually, my control returns and I can make adjustments. I've noticed a couple of green oily spots on the garage floor (each were about 2 inches in diameter and are about 6-8 inches from where the water pools from the A/C). The spot doesn't appear every day I use the car. I'm guessing I have a small hose leak somewhere that only leaks when something overheats or gets aggrevated. The last couple of spots happened last week when lower Michigan was having high heat index days (one of those days was the most recent day when I lost control of the HVAC). I've identified the general area under the car where the spots are appearing.

I had the car at the dealer for another reason and mentioned the HVAC issue. All I got was a shrug.

Thanks
    Anyone have an idea why I lose temporary access/control of the HVAC?
    Hello Red2010,

I apologize for the HVAC issues you are experiencing. Can you please private message me so we can further discuss this issue? Be sure to include your VIN and current mileage!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Red2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx

Re: Can't Seem to Change HVAC settings

Just an update (for anyone reading this, hoping to find an answer):

adamjeeps posted this link in another thread http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/

I've searched through the bulletins and have not found an answer. I'm chaulking my issue up to electrical gremlins (count is now 6).

Big thank you to adamjeeps for the link --

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.