Rear Seat Heaters turn on at start-up
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Rear Seat Heaters turn on at start-up in Cadillac SRX Forums; Recently the rear seat heaters in my 2013 Premium have been turning on when the vehicle is started. I cannot ...
    njacobsen is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

Rear Seat Heaters turn on at start-up

Recently the rear seat heaters in my 2013 Premium have been turning on when the vehicle is started. I cannot find an option that might automatically turn the seat heaters on. There is an option to turn the front seat heaters on when using the remote start, but I am not using remote start and these are the rear seat heaters.

Has anyone experienced the same nomally?

I will take the vehicle in for service in the next few weeks and ask the dealer for a cure at that time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Rear Seat Heaters turn on at start-up

Quote Originally Posted by njacobsen View Post
    Recently the rear seat heaters in my 2013 Premium have been turning on when the vehicle is started. I cannot find an option that might automatically turn the seat heaters on. There is an option to turn the front seat heaters on when using the remote start, but I am not using remote start and these are the rear seat heaters.

Has anyone experienced the same nomally?

I will take the vehicle in for service in the next few weeks and ask the dealer for a cure at that time.
    Hello njacobsen,

I see you are wanting to interact with the community members and see if anyone with the rear heated seats experienced the same issue. On page 3-12 of the Owners Manual, it talks about the heated rear seats. It is always good to discuss vehicle concerns with the dealership, especially if you will already be in there for service. Please let me know if you are able to resolve the rear heated seats turning on when the vehicle starts.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Laura, yes page 3-12 does describe the operation of the rear seat heaters. As described on that page, they are supposed to be completely manual and are not described as being automatically activated.

vi2k13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium AWD - Platinum Ice/Ebony

I have the same issue in mine. Glad I am not the only one.

I too will be asking the dealer during my next visit.

Laura, yes page 3-12 does describe the operation of the rear seat heaters. As described on that page, they are supposed to be completely manual and are not described as being automatically activated.
    Hey njacobsen,

I do see that after further review. I am sorry that the seat heaters are operating automatically. Are you willing to bring your vehicle into the dealership to discuss this concern?

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by vi2k13 View Post
    I have the same issue in mine. Glad I am not the only one.

I too will be asking the dealer during my next visit.
    Hello vi2k13,

I apologize for the seat heater malfunction you are also experiencing. Let me know if you would like to further discuss this concern. I can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

vi2k13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium AWD - Platinum Ice/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello vi2k13,

I apologize for the seat heater malfunction you are also experiencing. Let me know if you would like to further discuss this concern. I can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Hi Laura,

Thanks for your offer to assist with this issue. I would like to get GM Engineering engaged when I take my car to the dealer next time. However, in the past I was told that your team cannot help me since I am from Canada. Is that still valid?

Regards!

Quote Originally Posted by vi2k13 View Post
    Hi Laura,

Thanks for your offer to assist with this issue. I would like to get GM Engineering engaged when I take my car to the dealer next time. However, in the past I was told that your team cannot help me since I am from Canada. Is that still valid?

Regards!
    Hello vi2k13,

We can forward your information to our Canadian counterparts. In our current structure we are not set up to handle the day to day case management in Canada, this is something Canada Customer Care has to assist.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Well I had my SRX to the dealer and they replaced the control module (touch panel) for the rear climate control and picked it up Friday. Today, Sunday, I stretched to check the rear seat heater indicators and they were both on once again. One had one light and the other had two lights. There was no one in the back seat.

So now the aggrevation of another trip to the dealer to see if they can figure it out this time.

More try this, try that on the horizon.

My expectations are not very high!!!!!

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Well I had my SRX to the dealer and they replaced the control module (touch panel) for the rear climate control and picked it up Friday. Today, Sunday, I stretched to check the rear seat heater indicators and they were both on once again. One had one light and the other had two lights. There was no one in the back seat.

So now the aggrevation of another trip to the dealer to see if they can figure it out this time.

There seems to be a lot of dealership service departments that forget about RAP (Retained Accessory Power). That is where the vehicle accessories are provided power for approx. 15 minutes after the vehicle is turned off. I have seen this be the source of a lot of "fixes" not being truly fixed. The dealer makes the fix then they immediately check it and it appears OK. What they fail to do is turn off the car and wait a minimum of 15 minutes to be sure that the problem is really fixed. Often, when the RAP expires, the memory "forgets" the settings.

Hi njacobsen,

I understand how another dealer visit can be frustrating. I am sorry you have to deal with the issue of the seat heater indicators being on again. Please let me know how your next dealer visit goes and if they are able to resolve this concern. I can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I may have resolved the rear seat heaters that have a mind of their own. I discovered I could not change the temperature setting for the rear seat HVAC from the CUE panel in the front. I lowered the drivers temperature setting and went back to the rear screen and selected "SYNC" which forced the rear seat temperature to a different setting. After that, I was able to change the rear temperature setting from the front. Subsequent startups did not include the rear seat heaters coming on. Before that, the rear seat heaters would come on at every startup.

The connection between the rear temperature setting and the rear seat heaters cannot be explained from the descriptions in the owners manual. The rear seat heaters should not be associated with any other settings, but apparently there is some code interaction.

Seems quirky starts with CUE!!

stevec5375: the RAP is turned off when the drivers door is opened if optioned that way; else it turns power off when any door is opened. It retains power for 10 minutes if no doors are opened.

dtbeauregard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

I've had my SRX for about 3 weeks now and am having the same issue described above. I have not had a chance to return to the dealership but will try what njacobsen had success with before returning. It's frustrating when your new toys have problems right out of the box.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by dtbeauregard View Post
    I've had my SRX for about 3 weeks now and am having the same issue described above. I have not had a chance to return to the dealership but will try what njacobsen had success with before returning. It's frustrating when your new toys have problems right out of the box.
    Especially when GM has had 3 previous years' models to get it right!

shfawaz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX '09 CTS

My less than a month old 2013 SRX was a disaster on our weeklong road trip that we just returned from today. The rear-seat heaters activating without initiating them manually. They seem to have a mind of their own. Sometimes they come on, sometimes they don't. Driving 5 hours in 80 degree weather with a seat heater on is to say the least misery at 70MPH listening to rear passengers complain about it without having a way to fix them when you're 400 miles from home. Has anyone figured out what is going on? This seems to be a common problem. What resolutions have others found. Please, this all but ruined our drive time Cadillac. While I don't expect this kind of defect in any car, I expect it to be an issue FAR less in a Brand New $55k Cadillac.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.