Rear Seat Heaters turn on at start-up - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Rear Seat Heaters turn on at start-up in Cadillac SRX Forums; Mine came on by themselves again a couple of weeks ago. Once again, I went to the rear temperature control ...
    njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

Re: Rear Seat Heaters turn on at start-up

Mine came on by themselves again a couple of weeks ago.

Once again, I went to the rear temperature control screen and found I could not adjust the rear temperature from the Cue screen. I set the drivers temperature to something different than the rear temperature and forced a change to the rear by using the sync. I could then adjust the rear temperature from the CUE screen, and the rear heaters have not come on by themselves since.

There is definitely a software bug that locks the rear temperature setting and turns on the rear heaters at every start-up. It had been over 2 months since I had this problem previously and it mysteriously came back.

carbeck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium, previously 2011 AWD Luxury

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=2413

Scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see a bulletin for the unwanted heated seat activation. The dealer who replaced the module actually did the exact thing GM wants them not to do. There's a software update on the way.

Interestingly, we're seeing this symptom occasionally with our 2014, even though the bulletin is for only 2013 so far. See my thread here -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post11091065

RedBeauty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

My 2013 premium was at the dealer this week for this issue and as mentioned there is a bulletin on the rear seat heater problem. The document ID # 3617132 was issued Sept 17 2013 and suggests the dealer with customer approval pulls the fuse for the rear seat heaters until a fix is found.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBeauty View Post
    My 2013 premium was at the dealer this week for this issue and as mentioned there is a bulletin on the rear seat heater problem. The document ID # 3617132 was issued Sept 17 2013 and suggests the dealer with customer approval pulls the fuse for the rear seat heaters until a fix is found.
    Hello RedBeauty,

I apologize for any trouble you experienced with the heat settings in your SRX. Is everything working properly for you now? If you have any questions, please contact us via private message so we can assist.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Laura,

You asked if the issue had been fixed and as I indicated in my post all the dealer could do is pull the fuse until a fix is found. Can you please provide a status of the fix?

Thank you.

Laura,

You asked if the issue had been fixed and as I indicated in my post all the dealer could do is pull the fuse until a fix is found. Can you please provide a status of the fix?

Thank you.
    Hello RedBeauty,

I would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation with you. Please contact me via private message and include your contact information, VIN and the name and location of the dealer you are working with. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

My issue with not being able to turn off the rear seat heat appears to be resolved.

My dealer contacted me and I took my SRX in yesterday and per GM bulletin # PI1060A they reprogramed the HVAC control module and the rear heated seat control module. Codes 99449, AA83D.

My issue with not being able to turn off the rear seat heat appears to be resolved.

My dealer contacted me and I took my SRX in yesterday and per GM bulletin # PI1060A they reprogramed the HVAC control module and the rear heated seat control module. Codes 99449, AA83D.
    Hello RedBeauty,

Thank you for sharing this information. I am glad your dealer was able to help resolve your rear seat heat concern. If you have any other questions that arise, don't hesitate to contact us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.