Suggestions on where to sell 2013 SRX and how much it is worth
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Suggestions on where to sell 2013 SRX and how much it is worth in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello All. Newbie here and unfortunately my first post is asking how to sell the car This NOT a knock ...
    silentnoise713 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Collection AWD

Suggestions on where to sell 2013 SRX and how much it is worth

Hello All.

Newbie here and unfortunately my first post is asking how to sell the car
    This NOT a knock against the car! This is purely due to personal/situational circumstances.

I'm looking to sell my 2013 SRX Performance AWD with ~10K. Since the car is so new, a lot of the pricing tools (Nada/Edmonds) don't even have it yet; only KBB is up with 2013. Also, I've never had to sell such an expensive "used" car and was wonder what your experiences are. How do I price it and where do you sell it??

I’d be happy to sell it at trade-in but the only dealer around here (where I bought the car) is nickel and diming me and offering something ridiculous! They even said there is not enough used market to compare… I am not your average/ignorant car owner and usually very active in forums for my other vehicles but selling an almost new car is new to me.

Thanks.
    Bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Re: Suggestions on where to sell 2013 SRX and how much it is worth

Bob.....

Try TrueCar.com.

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Try Carmax, they will give you a price that is good for 3 days I think.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by silentnoise713
    Hello All.

Newbie here and unfortunately my first post is asking how to sell the car
    This NOT a knock against the car! This is purely due to personal/situational circumstances.

I'm looking to sell my 2013 SRX Performance AWD with ~10K. Since the car is so new, a lot of the pricing tools (Nada/Edmonds) don't even have it yet; only KBB is up with 2013. Also, I've never had to sell such an expensive "used" car and was wonder what your experiences are. How do I price it and where do you sell it??

I’d be happy to sell it at trade-in but the only dealer around here (where I bought the car) is nickel and diming me and offering something ridiculous! They even said there is not enough used market to compare… I am not your average/ignorant car owner and usually very active in forums for my other vehicles but selling an almost new car is new to me.

Thanks.
    Bob
    You did not mention what options you have on your SRX, where you live, or the color, all of which will have an effect on what you will get. However, you will lose all the depreciation out the door, which is in the $5K range; then the mileage factor and general condition. My best guess is that you're looking at a $10K hit from what you paid. You can never win the trade in game. Sorry, but I speak from experience of trading in 43 vehicles to date.

silentnoise713 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Collection AWD

Thanks for the heads up. I am familiar with these scams.

Mine is a 2013 Performance Collection with AWD. Color is Black Ice Metallic (Really sharp in person!) and the interior is Light Titanium w/Ebony accents, Leather seating surfaces. The following options are additional to the base MSRP.

+Black Ice Metallic
    +Wheels, 20" chrome bright finish
    +Tire, compact spare
    +Driver Awareness Package
    +Molded splash guards (Dealer-installed)
    +Professional 3M clear bra (bumpers/fenders/side view mirrors/hood) + tint

I tried listing this locally on Craigslist for below trade-in value hoping for a quick sale to avoid scammers b/c I wanted a local buyer. Learned a new lesson! I was contacted by a very interested party with a RIDICILIOUS low ball offer (I have checked Carmax/Carsense/Dealer). We exchanged emails and concluded that he (or she) would offer a bit more over whatever Carmax/Carsense/Dealer would offer. Then I notice my listing seem to not exist on Craigslist anymore. I only noticed this b/c I was wondering why I had NO interest. I try posting again and again, and noticed a pattern that it gets flagged for deletion! I Google and discover that the lowlife used car dealers use spam bots to flag listings that are too competitive to what they have to sell! These low-lifes actually do this to eliminate competition and in my case, I firmly believe the scum who emailed me is trying to force my hand by not allowing others to see my listing. I sure as hell will not sell to these lowlife.

I will be listing on Ebay and auto trader, again below value (taking over 10K lost ) hoping for a quick sale. I think this is the best way to reach a wider audience.

carter's_sts is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Last car I sold, which was a real pain....trading in next time, took me a month and a half.

I had it on Cars.com (cost 50 dollars) and kept listing it every week on Craig's List.

Craig's List is what finally did it. The Cars.com add just got me a bunch of calls from brokers trying to low ball me for their clients.

When people would email me from Craig's List wanting a Carfax report, I would just send them the link to the Cars.com add. 50 bucks gets you a free Carfax report.

Anyway I was amazed that it was Craig's List where most of the inquiries came from, because I'm always looking at Cars.com.

It wasn't a cheap car I was selling either.

Good luck BTW.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.