2013 gas mileage question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 gas mileage question in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello, I just purchased a 2013 srx and love everything about it except the gas mileage. I was told it ...
    mjf
    mjf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 2013

2013 gas mileage question

Hello, I just purchased a 2013 srx and love everything about it except the gas mileage. I was told it would get 17/19/24-- and I do combined driving daily of 25 miles. I am only getting 14 mpg on standard mode. I currently have 275 miles on it. Is this standard for this vehicle? I talked to the service dept and their reaction was mixed-- one said I should not expect more mpg for combined driving and another said it was in the break in period give it some time. any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: 2013 gas mileage question

Yes give it some time. What is your average speed? How many miles on it when you bought it? Any test drive miles are likely very poor mpg.

mjf

My speed is 55-70 mph. It had 45 miles on it when I bought it. I reset the trip and mpg settings when I filled the tank this am and will check it later.
    Thx

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Hello, I just purchased a 2013 srx and love everything about it except the gas mileage. I was told it would get 17/19/24-- and I do combined driving daily of 25 miles. I am only getting 14 mpg on standard mode. I currently have 275 miles on it. Is this standard for this vehicle? I talked to the service dept and their reaction was mixed-- one said I should not expect more mpg for combined driving and another said it was in the break in period give it some time. any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks
    Hello mjf,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new SRX! I am glad you love your vehicle minus the gas mileage you are getting. I understand how you want the mpg that you were told you would get. I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing for you. If any concerns or questions ever arise, don't hesitate to contact us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

mjf....

If you purchased this vehicle thinking you will get great mileage, forget it!!! 17 or 18 around town and maybe 21 or 22 on the highway...My 2013 has never done any better than that....I find there is no difference in Eco mode.....Enjoy the ride, comfort and looks....

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf
    I have 2700+ miles on my SRX. I just averaged 24.9 mpg on our 1,000 trip from IN to FL with a couple hundred pounds of stuff going 70+ on the Interstate. Lifetime I am averaging 22 mpg according to the Remote Link. I think that's great all things considered, but then again I didn't buy my SRX to save gas. I have no idea why you aren't doing better with your SRX, but if you start using a lot of oil that suggests a ring problem, which could be caused by a variety of things. Good luck trying to get better gas mileage.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman View Post
    I have 2700+ miles on my SRX. I just averaged 24.9 mpg on our 1,000 trip from IN to FL with a couple hundred pounds of stuff going 70+ on the Interstate. Lifetime I am averaging 22 mpg according to the Remote Link. I think that's great all things considered, but then again I didn't buy my SRX to save gas. I have no idea why you aren't doing better with your SRX, but if you start using a lot of oil that suggests a ring problem, which could be caused by a variety of things. Good luck trying to get better gas mileage.
    Hello '12CTSman,

Thank you for sharing this information with mjf and the community. I understand how gas mileage is something many customers care about. If there are ever any concerns or questions you would like to discuss, don't hesitate to contact us!

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mjf

Thanks for responding. I am currently trying to decide whether to keep the car or not. I am not convinced that driving it longer will yield a higher mpg especially not 5 mpg that is on the sticker for combined driving.

It is encouraging to hear that it will get the 24 high way on a trip. I will keep an eye on the oil to see if I start using any--thanks for the thought.

PAO56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 SRX Performance (Red), '13 2.5 Base ATS (Opulent Blue)

6300 on our 12 SRX Performance which we bought in early April.....just did 1800 miles up to Ottawa Canada and back from MD....averaged close to 26 MPG at 70 plus MPH......getting a combined 23 MPG based on remote link as well.....driving in eco mode...

your combined driving of 25 miles daily probably doesnt give you real good MPG as the engine and all components dont fully warm up...My Subie Impreza that was rated as 26MPG combined hardly broke 20 MPG on drives less than 20 miles....but would easily go 33-34 MPG on longer drives...it really got lousy MPG on short drives in the winter.....

silentnoise713 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Collection AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Likely View Post
    mjf....

If you purchased this vehicle thinking you will get great mileage, forget it!!! 17 or 18 around town and maybe 21 or 22 on the highway...My 2013 has never done any better than that....I find there is no difference in Eco mode.....Enjoy the ride, comfort and looks....
    If you watch the instantaneous MPG calc, you can see the difference in real time. Eco mode, on any car, is nothing more than delaying (more like manipulating) your throttle body to control degrade your throttle input, sorta like light limp mode. ECO feels noticeably laggy -to me. Of course, if you like to stomp on it then it really doesn't matter the mode since it is programmed to sense you want to "go" and will bypass the delay. It is all in how you drive.

Mildly drive between 60-70 MPH, I can get 24-25MPG. My real world average in 40%city/60%HWY is about 19-20MPG.

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

silentnoise713....

He is right on!!!! He tells the real mileage info.....The information on the window sticker is just make believe, it helps sell vehicles, i guess......

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Also, Eco mode does its best to use the Transmission to keep the engine from going over 2000 RPM, along with unlocking the torque converter earlier after off throttle conditions (more coasting). So if you want to go more than 2000 RPM or 'move along', you might as well forget Eco mode.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.