Nav. Spoofing/Hacking?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Nav. Spoofing/Hacking? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Went through warranty issues 2 years back regarding common problem with navigation on 2010 SRX. After 3 visits, system replaced ...
    PGASRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Performance, 13 XTS4 Premium, 2K Jaguar XK8

Nav. Spoofing/Hacking?

Went through warranty issues 2 years back regarding common problem with navigation on 2010 SRX. After 3 visits, system replaced with used unit & only occasionally repeats original symptoms.

Wife was driving recently when voice/nav. suddenly came on and started to direct her to an address. Next day I opened recent destinations and an address appeared that was near the location my wife was driving, at the time when the voice/nav. started. Neither of us had entered the address that appeared in recent destination and this was not the same address she was being directed too.

Anyone else experienced similar problems?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Nav. Spoofing/Hacking?

Wow, never heard that one before!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Nav. Spoofing/Hacking?

Quote Originally Posted by PGASRX View Post
    Went through warranty issues 2 years back regarding common problem with navigation on 2010 SRX. After 3 visits, system replaced with used unit & only occasionally repeats original symptoms.

Wife was driving recently when voice/nav. suddenly came on and started to direct her to an address. Next day I opened recent destinations and an address appeared that was near the location my wife was driving, at the time when the voice/nav. started. Neither of us had entered the address that appeared in recent destination and this was not the same address she was being directed too.

Anyone else experienced similar problems?
    Hello PGASRX,

Sorry for the reemergence of this issue with your navigation system. Have you had the opportunity to speak with your dealer on this issue? I would like to get involve to see if I can assist you where possible.

Reggie B.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.