Took the Plunge for Two
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Took the Plunge for Two in Cadillac SRX Forums; Have enjoyed my 2010 SRX Premium, but being the first model year I have had more than my share of ...
    embassy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04CTS, 07STS,10 SRX,Now 13 SRX Premium and 13 ATS Premium

Took the Plunge for Two

Have enjoyed my 2010 SRX Premium, but being the first model year I have had more than my share of warranty issues. Not to rehash it, but the SRX has been in 18 times in just over two years for various warranty issues. The last 8 or 9 months have been virtually problem free though and I have been happy with my SRX, however not confident to keep it beyond the warranty expiry.

Wife's current Dodge's lease is up and she selected the ATS as her new vehicle of choice. Have done a couple of test drives and today went into the dealer to see if we could make a deal. Ended up with a 2.0 Turbo Premium RWD ATS. Got what I consider a good deal - $6400 below MSRP and 0.9% on a 3 year lease. Worked out to be over $160 per month cheaper than her current lease on her 5 year old Dodge.

While waiting for the paperwork to be done a nice blue 2013 SRX Premium caught my eye. Ended up taking it for a test drive after doing the paperwork on the ATS and found it to be considerably better than my 2010 Premium. Went for dinner, did my research on costs, did some calculations and ended up back at the dealer. It was easier doing the deal after the ATS - they knew that I knew the numbers. Ended up about $7800 below MSRP with all the dealer rebates going to me. Had to haggle over the trade in on my 2010 a bit (reason that I usually lease as I usually change vehicles every 3 or 4 years). Figure that I could have gotten about $1500 for my trade in, but we made the deal!

So, by weeks end, we will be a two Cadillac family - ATS Premium RWD and SRX Premium AWD. Hoping that my warranty issues on my 2010 won't follow us on the ATS or new SRX. Pictures to follow when we pick up the vehicles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Took the Plunge for Two

Sweet! Good to hear!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Took the Plunge for Two

Quote Originally Posted by embassy View Post
    Have enjoyed my 2010 SRX Premium, but being the first model year I have had more than my share of warranty issues. Not to rehash it, but the SRX has been in 18 times in just over two years for various warranty issues. The last 8 or 9 months have been virtually problem free though and I have been happy with my SRX, however not confident to keep it beyond the warranty expiry.

Wife's current Dodge's lease is up and she selected the ATS as her new vehicle of choice. Have done a couple of test drives and today went into the dealer to see if we could make a deal. Ended up with a 2.0 Turbo Premium RWD ATS. Got what I consider a good deal - $6400 below MSRP and 0.9% on a 3 year lease. Worked out to be over $160 per month cheaper than her current lease on her 5 year old Dodge.

While waiting for the paperwork to be done a nice blue 2013 SRX Premium caught my eye. Ended up taking it for a test drive after doing the paperwork on the ATS and found it to be considerably better than my 2010 Premium. Went for dinner, did my research on costs, did some calculations and ended up back at the dealer. It was easier doing the deal after the ATS - they knew that I knew the numbers. Ended up about $7800 below MSRP with all the dealer rebates going to me. Had to haggle over the trade in on my 2010 a bit (reason that I usually lease as I usually change vehicles every 3 or 4 years). Figure that I could have gotten about $1500 for my trade in, but we made the deal!

So, by weeks end, we will be a two Cadillac family - ATS Premium RWD and SRX Premium AWD. Hoping that my warranty issues on my 2010 won't follow us on the ATS or new SRX. Pictures to follow when we pick up the vehicles.
    Hello embassy,

That is awesome to hear! I am happy you were able to work out a great deal on the ATS for your wife and the SRX for you with the dealer. I bet you are both excited to get your vehicles in your hands and show them off! I will be on the lookout for your pictures; can't wait to see them!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.