AC Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, AC Problem in Cadillac SRX Forums; 2011 SRX AWD Luxery: long drive on a hot day 90 Degrees, I have to keep lowering the temperature to ...
    halp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2004 CTS

AC Problem

2011 SRX AWD Luxery:
    long drive on a hot day 90 Degrees, I have to keep lowering the temperature to keep cold air blowing. When I start out I have it at 72, after 50 miles I have it down to 68 to keep cold air coming out. The air is also not as cold as when I first start out.
    Had it in for service last week and had them look into the problem. Service adviser claimed that the system was working properly and that air coming out was at 46 degrees. I told him that the problem happens after 40 or 50 miles of driving and that my CTS blows ice cold at 75 degree setting all day long. All he could say was that high humidity makes the system work harder.
    What can I do to make them look into this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Do you have it set on auto? It makes sense if you do because auto works like a house thermostat. One the cabin temperature hits 72 it keeps it there until you lower it more.

Re: AC Problem

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    Do you have it set on auto? It makes sense if you do because auto works like a house thermostat. One the cabin temperature hits 72 it keeps it there until you lower it more.
    Yes it is set on auto. Works just fine for about 30 minutes (set at 72) or so of driving in real hot weather and then air feels warmer. lowering the temp turns the fan on higher, but air is not very cold anymore. I read something about the receiver/dryer separating causing a problem. There is supposed to be a bulletin on it but the service writer said he could not find one.

GGMiv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX (Mocha Steel); 2008 SRX (Gold Mist)
    My dryer/receiver on my 2011 was replaced last summer on Bulletin PI0588A. That's an i not a 1. Hope this helps.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by halp View Post
    Yes it is set on auto. Works just fine for about 30 minutes (set at 72) or so of driving in real hot weather and then air feels warmer. lowering the temp turns the fan on higher, but air is not very cold anymore. I read something about the receiver/dryer separating causing a problem. There is supposed to be a bulletin on it but the service writer said he could not find one.
    Here you go:

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=175483

Amazing that a trained service writer can not find it but we can

----------

Here is another one:

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=172149

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

2011 SRX AWD Luxery:
    long drive on a hot day 90 Degrees, I have to keep lowering the temperature to keep cold air blowing. When I start out I have it at 72, after 50 miles I have it down to 68 to keep cold air coming out. The air is also not as cold as when I first start out.
    Had it in for service last week and had them look into the problem. Service adviser claimed that the system was working properly and that air coming out was at 46 degrees. I told him that the problem happens after 40 or 50 miles of driving and that my CTS blows ice cold at 75 degree setting all day long. All he could say was that high humidity makes the system work harder.
    What can I do to make them look into this?
    Hello halp,

I apologize for the air conditioning issue you are experiencing. I understand how your issue not being able to be resolved can be frustrating. If you private message me and include your VIN, I am more than happy to do additional research on your behalf.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hi all and many thanks to "adamjeeps" for his info.
    Armed with that I went to my dealer today and brought it to the attention of the service manager. After checking the bulletin and my vehicle they have ordered the receiver / dryer for my SRX. Meanwhile I have a 2013 Premium CTS loaner with a full tank of gas to use at no charge until my vehicle is repaired. The Adviser that I saw last week was within earshot as I told the service manager that I mentioned that same bulletin last time I was in and was told that "in high humidity the AC has to work harder and there is nothing wrong with your vehicle". This site is great, I told the srvice manager about it.
    Also, thanks Laura for your offer to help on this matter. Hopefully it is solved.

Hi all and many thanks to "adamjeeps" for his info.
    Armed with that I went to my dealer today and brought it to the attention of the service manager. After checking the bulletin and my vehicle they have ordered the receiver / dryer for my SRX. Meanwhile I have a 2013 Premium CTS loaner with a full tank of gas to use at no charge until my vehicle is repaired. The Adviser that I saw last week was within earshot as I told the service manager that I mentioned that same bulletin last time I was in and was told that "in high humidity the AC has to work harder and there is nothing wrong with your vehicle". This site is great, I told the srvice manager about it.
    Also, thanks Laura for your offer to help on this matter. Hopefully it is solved.
    Hi Hal,

You are welcome. I am glad to hear you have been engaged with the community on this forum. I see you have private messaged me. If any other concerns or issues arise, we can continue to communicate via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Lencarguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Premium, Platinum Ice/Ebony

I have noticed an issue with climate system in my 2012 SRX. When the system is completely turned off, warm air blows out of the dash vents. A real pain on warmer days when you want to drive with windows open.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by Lencarguy
    I have noticed an issue with climate system in my 2012 SRX. When the system is completely turned off, warm air blows out of the dash vents. A real pain on warmer days when you want to drive with windows open.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencarguy View Post
    Hello Lencarguy,

I apologize your vehicle climate system is malfunctioning. I understand how this could be a pain, especially on warmer days. Please private message me and include your contact information, VIN and current mileage so we can explore our options on resolving your vehicle concern.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Lencarguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Premium, Platinum Ice/Ebony

Thanks, Laura. Will do.

Shiloh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Realizing my a/c hasn't worked properly since we purchased the car in 2010 (2011 SRX). On the hottest days it worked iffy at best. Normally don't drive long trips, mainly around town, so usually prefer open windows and "skylight." Now, heatwave for days on end, and system is blowing only hot air. Tested it yesterday, 100 degrees outside, set to AUTO and LO (actually tested settings from 78 and below before settling on LO) on a 45-minute drive and no a/c at all! Outside air was cooler than in the car! Called dealership and they can't see me until a week from today. My fault for not complaining earlier, I guess. I did print out those bulletins mentioned above (thank you!) and will bring with me to dealership - MacMulkin in NH.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Realizing my a/c hasn't worked properly since we purchased the car in 2010 (2011 SRX). On the hottest days it worked iffy at best. Normally don't drive long trips, mainly around town, so usually prefer open windows and "skylight." Now, heatwave for days on end, and system is blowing only hot air. Tested it yesterday, 100 degrees outside, set to AUTO and LO (actually tested settings from 78 and below before settling on LO) on a 45-minute drive and no a/c at all! Outside air was cooler than in the car! Called dealership and they can't see me until a week from today. My fault for not complaining earlier, I guess. I did print out those bulletins mentioned above (thank you!) and will bring with me to dealership - MacMulkin in NH.
    WOW! I called my dealer on Monday for a state inspection and was given an appointment for the next day. I was in no rush, but that's what they offered. It would seem that with a problem like you describe, they would find a way to get you in sooner. That's terrible service imo. I hope you can get the problem resolved quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencarguy View Post
    Thanks, Laura. Will do.
    You are welcome Len. I received your private message and responded back to you. We can continue any further interactions via PM.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Hello Shiloh,

I am sorry to hear the dealer cannot see you until next week. I understand how having a broken air conditioning unit in this heat can be frustrating. Please let me know how everything goes after the dealership visit.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.