What would you like to see added to the SRX?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, What would you like to see added to the SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; We have a 2012 SRX4 Premium with 14K miles of trouble free use. So far this has been the best ...
    paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

What would you like to see added to the SRX?

We have a 2012 SRX4 Premium with 14K miles of trouble free use. So far this has been the best new car I've ever purchased. There are several small changes I'd like to see added to future SRX's. I would like to make it possible for the mirrors to fold in every time I park the car. I would like for the seat coolers/heaters to remained programed the way I have them set without having to reset them every time I start the car. I would like to see an upgrade audio system other than Bosse. An engine option offering a turbo setup. Chrome wheels with replaceable covers. That's just a few things I'd like to see, what would you like?
    Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Re: What would you like to see added to the SRX?

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    We have a 2012 SRX4 Premium with 14K miles of trouble free use. So far this has been the best new car I've ever purchased. There are several small changes I'd like to see added to future SRX's. I would like to make it possible for the mirrors to fold in every time I park the car. I would like for the seat coolers/heaters to remained programed the way I have them set without having to reset them every time I start the car. I would like to see an upgrade audio system other than Bosse. An engine option offering a turbo setup. Chrome wheels with replaceable covers. That's just a few things I'd like to see, what would you like?
    Bill
    Sun Roof Delete. I always leave the shade closed. Too hot in summer and way to noisy when it is open. My roof drains have clogged up twice on a garage kept SRX
    Terry Judkins likes this.

300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Give me the option of HID headlamps by themselves. I would like to be able to use the full screen without having to purchase Navi. I agree with more radio options.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Reliability. My '10 was at the dealer 15 times in 32 months. My '13 is going for its 4th time in 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    ... I would like to be able to use the full screen without having to purchase Navi. I agree with more radio options.
    This is done on the '13's with no Nav.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Reliability. My '10 was at the dealer 15 times in 32 months. My '13 is going for its 4th time in 4 months.

Captain, I guess you did not learn the first time around and got a second SRX ?
    A real touchscreen that actually works as fast as any tablet will be nice. So far for me CUE is a disaster especially when you start to type a destination address.
    How about a V version ?) That will make me buy one for sure

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Rear illuminated door sills. Rear window auto up. Child lock control for each door. Off switch for headlights so they don't come on in garage. Electronic suspension in front wheel drive.

Sorry if any of this was added for 2013 or 2014.

Larry2012SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps
    Rear illuminated door sills. Rear window auto up. Child lock control for each door. Off switch for headlights so they don't come on in garage. Electronic suspension in front wheel drive.

I would like to see the radio shut off when you turn the car off.

themacguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Base
    About 400 lbs less weight. HIDs standard. One touch open rear lift gate.

Yeah, a V model would be great!

witz5557 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 AWD Performance SRX
    Easier access to USB port in the front console....need to be fairly nimble to plug it in especially when driving (I know, that is not safe, but for some reason my iPod just shuts down and will not reset unless I shut car down).

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by themacguy View Post
    About 400 lbs less weight. HIDs standard. One touch open rear lift gate.

Yeah, a V model would be great!
    I forgot to add the kick your leg under the bumper to open the lift gate. How about all led exterior lighting as well.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Wow! What a surprise! Why are we just now getting this info? I've been saying all along that this vehicle has reliability issues and all it has gotten me is flack from some people on here. Now, at last, one of the forum moderators finally speaks up about his issues with this car.

Perhaps now people can see why one popular consumer magazine rates this vehicle as less than average reliability. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Rather than address quality issues at the source, GM has instead chosen to place support personnel on the forum to "lubricate" the ill will created by their lack of quality control. It is easier and less expensive to say I'm sorry rather than get it right by upgrading your quality control.

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

baseball glove interior color and a hideaway vacuum

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    Rear window auto up will not be added ever I don't think. It's a safety feature for kids in the rear seats.

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    I forgot to add the kick your leg under the bumper to open the lift gate. How about all led exterior lighting as well.
    That kick the bumper gizmo requires no towing hardware. Some people like to tow with their vehicles. I'm with you on the full exterior lighting!

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Wow! What a surprise! Why are we just now getting this info? I've been saying all along that this vehicle has reliability issues and all it has gotten me is flack from some people on here. Now, at last, one of the forum moderators finally speaks up about his issues with this car.

Perhaps now people can see why one popular consumer magazine rates this vehicle as less than average reliability. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Rather than address quality issues at the source, GM has instead chosen to place support personnel on the forum to "lubricate" the ill will created by their lack of quality control. It is easier and less expensive to say I'm sorry rather than get it right by upgrading your quality control.
    I let it known quietly. I just didn't spread it around. Out of 8 SRX's in my immediate area, mine is the only one with problems. Both of mine. GM has the '10 fixed now. I thought I would have better luck on the '13, but I might be thinking otherwise now.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

... I let it known quietly. I just didn't spread it around. Out of 8 SRX's in my immediate area, mine is the only one with problems. Both of mine. GM has the '10 fixed now. I thought I would have better luck on the '13, but I might be thinking otherwise now.
    IMO: As with any brand new model or technology there might be fixes and or updates that may be required. I had expected that the new CUE would come with updates in the future so it didn't bother all that much when the interface with CUE and my iPhone 5 wasn't working perfectly. As I expected the first update fixed that issue and now it works great. Yes, Steve and many other buyers had experienced similar issues in their first year of the new GEN II as I did with my 2010 SRX. However, the few updates and recalls were fixed to my complete satisfaction as was the triangular chrome trim piece by the mirror that feel off twice because of weak adhesive.

I believe that when a buyer gets a completely brand new model and or the newest high tech options there may be updates or fixes for it in the future. I certainly knew that when I bought my 2010 SRX and I knew that going into the new 2013 CUE technology too. I really don't fear buying anything new for I believe there will allays be a fix to any issues that may come up in the future.

Not to prod, but why both of mine? The '10 AND the '13? I couldn't have hit the wrong end of the bell curve twice... (rhetorical)

All I know is I'm pretty sure I see a '15 Corvette Z51 in my future.
    ladypro likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.