SRX Gen I versus Gen II
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX Gen I versus Gen II in Cadillac SRX Forums; A friend of mine, on advice of another friend I don't know, is shopping for a Gen I SRX. He's ...
    packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

SRX Gen I versus Gen II

A friend of mine, on advice of another friend I don't know, is shopping for a Gen I SRX. He's been told, "Those are the good ones. Don't buy the Gen II; it's full of bugs."

Since I've never owned a Gen I SRX, I can't really argue the point. However, I'd be interested in hearing from those of you who've owned both.

jack vines

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Re: SRX Gen I versus Gen II

My 2008 3.6 had timing chain replaced at 38,000 miles. Only problem I had. 2010 only problem was the radio nav unit. Replaced twice also sun roof drains clogged up. All were covered by warranty. I liked the 2008 and so far good luck with the 2010

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

1st gen was a station wagon. 2nd gen is a SUV. Big difference.

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

my 2005 had it's fair share of 'bugs'...

radio replaced due to volume levels being lower on XM
    rear end replaced 3x due to grinding noise on sharp low speed turns
    wire for backup lights, wire that tells car hatch is closed, hose for wiper on hatch - all broken more than once
    excessive (IMO) oil consumption - deemed normal by dealership

that being said I enjoyed the car overall. 2nd gen is a huge upgrade though, no more cheap feeling interior

no car is perfect.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by GMJim
    1st gen was a station wagon. 2nd gen is a SUV. Big difference.
    Pretty sure you have that confused. The gen 1 was bigger including optional 3rd row was rwd bias awd optional and had the available n*. Gen 2 its a joke built to battle the Lexus cross over.[COLOR="Silver"]

Calling the gen1 srx is paramount to calling the trailblazer (including ss) envoy bravada and 9-7 (including aero which is a tbss with nicer interior) a station wagon.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

The first Gen was a station wagon on steroids. The second Gen is a CUV for the masses.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Marc NY is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

I agree with GMJim and TheCaptain in that the GEN I styling to me does indeed look more like a station wagon than a Crossover/ SUV. When I was in the market for a new SUV I realized that I didn't really need or want a 3rd row seating vehicle anymore so I went searching for a replacement model. When I saw the new GEN II SRX I found myself drawn to that bold and sleek new SRX model. It was the perfect size and styling that I had been wanting to replace my great Buick Enclave ride with.

Now as far as the SRX II being a joke to someone ... is the reason why car manufactures offer so many different styles and models in all different price ranges too. This way they can reach out and satisfy just about every customer's wishes and desires. If someone wants more bling, room and or different styling perhaps another vehicle would fit your needs better...

I meant the gen 2 is a joke if your calling that an SUV or a truck based car. That's a station wagon more than the gen 1.

Your opinion might mean more if you owned G1 or G2.

hsfbfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

I've owned both. Had an '08 V6 and currently have an '11. Both cars have good and bad points, just like any. I didn't have any problems with the '08, which was lost in an incident with some black ice on Christmas day, 2012.

The one thing I liked about the '08 over the '11 was the RWD. The gas mileage was awful, though. The best I got at 75 MPH on the highway was 19 MPG. The '11 will get 23-23 at 80 on the interstate.

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim
    Your opinion might mean more if you owned G1 or G2.
    Oh really?

Can I jump into the ring and box now?!

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

I had a 2006 AWD V6 SRX, great car except it burned oil like a mofo, it probably needed a cam chain when i traded it in for a Gen 2 SRX AWD Turbo. The Gen 2 is just one stupid annoying thing after another its been to the dealer at least 10 times in two years, the Gen 1 was never at the dealer except for routine service.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I have an 06 3.6 awd bought with 69k did timing chains at 84k uses oil excessively and needs an engine. I've put over $6k out of pocket in less than 2 years and that's with an extended bumper to bumper warranty not including the $5k they've paid for. The dealers I go to are totally incompetent and as a mechanic its sad I know more about this crappy truck than they do. I've got the 102k on it now and I barely drive it anymore for fear of what's gonna break next. I dream every time I drive it that someone hits it and totals it. I hate this truck and its the worst vehicle I've ever purchased and I've gotten some money pits before. Gm knows the 3.6 drinks oil but only issued a tsb instead of a recall. My 96 ram with 200k miles get better gas mileage and needed less repairs in 17 years than this thing needed in a month. I barely get 19 hwy and 14 city in the srx.

GEORGEC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 DHS

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    I agree with GMJim and TheCaptain in that the GEN I styling to me does indeed look more like a station wagon than a Crossover/ SUV. When I was in the market for a new SUV I realized that I didn't really need or want a 3rd row seating vehicle anymore so I went searching for a replacement model. When I saw the new GEN II SRX I found myself drawn to that bold and sleek new SRX model. It was the perfect size and styling that I had been wanting to replace my great Buick Enclave ride with.

Now as far as the SRX II being a joke to someone ... is the reason why car manufactures offer so many different styles and models in all different price ranges too. This way they can reach out and satisfy just about every customer's wishes and desires. If someone wants more bling, room and or different styling perhaps another vehicle would fit your needs better...
    I was very disappointed when they did the styling change to Gen II. I was/am strongly considering the SRX as a replacement for my wife's 2005 DHS.

I would have bought one for myself in 2004 except that my son could not transfer into the SRX from his wheelchair. Wound up getting an Acura MDX. Sold the MDX two days ago and bought a 2013 GMC Acadia Denali for myself. SRX is just too small to be my vehicle.

SRX still in picture for my wife.

George

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Can I jump into the ring and box now?!
    Absolutely, after you change your profile to show ownership.
    allgm likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.