Glove box light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By adamjeeps
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Glove box light in Cadillac SRX Forums; 2012 SRX. Opened glove box this evening and there is no light. Have had the vehicle one and half years ...
    poolandgolf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, 2012

Glove box light

2012 SRX. Opened glove box this evening and there is no light. Have had the vehicle one and half years and don't think I've ever opened it at night before. Is there supposed to be illumination in the love box?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Glove box light

What trim do you have? I know in both my Premium's, there is a light.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

my 2010 premium has is. should be in the 'ceiling' of the glove box, to the right. maybe it burned out?

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Ha ha love box.

On a more serious note, I just replaced my glove box light with an led. It is super easy to push the housing back and pull it down to change the bulb.
    davedogcaddy and Jake2010 like this.

Thanks for replies to my "love box" concern. On vacation, moving daughter, will check first chance I get. Not a premium but can't remember what it's called. Thanks again.

Does changing to led mean just a different bulb?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Yep.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain
    Yep.
    So if I push the housing through the glove box, how do I get it back in after changing the bulb?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poolandgolf View Post
    So if I push the housing through the glove box, how do I get it back in after changing the bulb?

Thanks
    Route the on/off pin through the hole and snap the light housing back in place.

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps

Route the on/off pin through the hole and snap the light housing back in place.
    Guess I'm just really tired, drove from Kentucky to mid Florida today, where is the on off pin? Are you referring to the black pins located on each side of the light housing?

Cannot see where I can get leverage to push those back in place, if that is what you are referring to. There is nothing in the users manual about this.

Sorry to be a pest, but I wanna be ale o see in my love err glove box.

The pin that turns the light on and off sticks out towards the handle of the glove box. When you close the door, it pushes the pin in and turns off the light. The clear rectangle that contains the light needs to be pried down in order to access the bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    Ha ha love box.

On a more serious note, I just replaced my glove box light with an led. It is super easy to push the housing back and pull it down to change the bulb.
    When you say super easy to push the housing back, are you referring to the 4 prongs extending through the top of the glove box, two on either side of the clear light fixture? I've tried to free them up but seems only two on one side want to come free. What did you use to free these?

Another place you say you pry the clear housing down. I assume that is after you free the 4 prongs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poolandgolf

When you say super easy to push the housing back, are you referring to the 4 prongs extending through the top of the glove box, two on either side of the clear light fixture? I've tried to free them up but seems only two on one side want to come free. What did you use to free these?

Another place you say you pry the clear housing down. I assume that is after you free the 4 prongs?

Thanks
    Just wanted to pop this to the top, still having my problem

I think if you are having this much trouble a trip to the dealer may be in order. There might be a problem if you can't get it out and it is not working. I'm sure since you are under warranty they would help you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.