Thinking of buying a 2013
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Likely
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Thinking of buying a 2013 in Cadillac SRX Forums; I currently have a 2011 SRX Luxury AWD with 20,000 miles on it. I am thinking of going to a ...
    halp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2004 CTS

Thinking of buying a 2013

I currently have a 2011 SRX Luxury AWD with 20,000 miles on it. I am thinking of going to a 2013 Luxury AWD as I would like to have the 3.6 engine and the CUE system. Other than those two items are their any other diferences between the 11 and 13?

What should I expect to pay for the 2013 after trade in?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Likely is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Re: Thinking of buying a 2013

I did own an 2010 FWD Premium model. I traded for 2013 premium. The 2013 is so much better than the 2010. Day & night different. The engine alone is so much better. Can't compare the 2 engines. I love the CUE, you have to play with it awhile, but it gets easier each time i use it.
    Go for the 2013, you will be very happy!!!!!

Likely
    Whistlingdixiee likes this.

erdoc48 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD, Platinum Ice

It's always nice to have a new vehicle, but you need to look hard at the numbers- is it worth taking a beating on trade in (vs. what you paid for it new, probably losing quite a bit- KBB trade in for your vehicle in excellent condition is $27,395), and new will be $43,987 (according to carsdirect.com) with the Lux package with 4WD. The difference in price is then $16,592 pre tax and tags, so see if getting the larger engine and CUE to drive roughly 10,000 miles per year is worth it to you.

The above calculations were based on NJ KBB.com and Carsdirect.com pricing, so some variability should be expected. I love new cars as well, but hate payments and no matter what you get now, it'll be surpassed by something else next year. I have no doubt the 2013 may even be better than what I have (a 2012 Preformance FWD version), but I'm just as happy without CUE.

Some people are satisfied with paying the premium for new every few years, and that's fine...I'm just one of those who buys and holds and drives until it has more substantial mileage on it- I like to maximize the money/value I paid for the car or SUV.

Good luck with your decision.

witz5557 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 AWD Performance SRX
    Not sure, but I think the warranty coverage period is reduced in the 2013 (versus 2012, not sure about 2011). Couple of different colors also. Good luck with whatever decision you make....you should be happy either way you go.

halp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2004 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by erdoc48 View Post
    It's always nice to have a new vehicle, but you need to look hard at the numbers- is it worth taking a beating on trade in (vs. what you paid for it new, probably losing quite a bit- KBB trade in for your vehicle in excellent condition is $27,395), and new will be $43,987 (according to carsdirect.com) with the Lux package with 4WD. The difference in price is then $16,592 pre tax and tags, so see if getting the larger engine and CUE to drive roughly 10,000 miles per year is worth it to you.

The above calculations were based on NJ KBB.com and Carsdirect.com pricing, so some variability should be expected. I love new cars as well, but hate payments and no matter what you get now, it'll be surpassed by something else next year. I have no doubt the 2013 may even be better than what I have (a 2012 Preformance FWD version), but I'm just as happy without CUE.

Some people are satisfied with paying the premium for new every few years, and that's fine...I'm just one of those who buys and holds and drives until it has more substantial mileage on it- I like to maximize the money/value I paid for the car or SUV.

Good luck with your decision.
    Wow, that sure sounds high. When I purchased my 2011 I traded in a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 70,000 miles that had a sticker when new of about 42,000. I paid $23,500 with the jeep for the 2011 SRX lux AWD. I would think that with a 2 year old 20,000 mile vehicle to trade that it would be closer to $10,000.
    I will find out soon as I am due for an oil change in July and while I am there I can get some prices.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by witz5557 View Post
    Not sure, but I think the warranty coverage period is reduced in the 2013 (versus 2012, not sure about 2011). Couple of different colors also. Good luck with whatever decision you make....you should be happy either way you go.
    Warranty isn't completely reduced. It's now 6 Years/ 110 000 kms. The years have been extended and kilometers reduced.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.