Plastidip 2013 SRX w/ Pictures
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Plastidip 2013 SRX w/ Pictures in Cadillac SRX Forums; Last month I bought a 2013 Cadillac SRX. I love the car but wasn't crazy about all of the chrome. ...
    dbair07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX

Smile Plastidip 2013 SRX w/ Pictures

Last month I bought a 2013 Cadillac SRX. I love the car but wasn't crazy about all of the chrome. It looked dated and old-manish. I looked for ways to change it up from every other SRX on the road. My buddy then introduced me to plasti-dip. They he introduced me to a shop here in Calgary called Core Customs. These guys specialize in Plasti-dipping cars. I went to them and we talked about ideas. We settled with Plasti-dipping all of the chrome Matte Black.

I did everything chrome. Grills, Wheels, Roof Rails, Door & Window Trim, Emblems on Back, Chrome strip on back, exhaust tips, everything!

Amazing product and turned out great. I did a ton of research on this product before doing it so I could probably answer most questions.

Let me know!
    Attached Images
    TheCaptain and Soundsystem75 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

Re: Plastidip 2013 SRX w/ Pictures

What do you think your SRX is worth now with a ton of black rubber/plastic on it? Not for me as I am an old man, but I have to give you props for making a statement.

Actually more as it will protect the chrome so when I want to sell it I will simply peel off the product and the chrome will look new. Be more educated before you post comments.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

No way you can peel that stuff off. I'm from Missouri so show me.

Google it. Tons of pics and videos. Very easily peels off.

300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by dbair07
    Google it. Tons of pics and videos. Very easily peels off.
    Still looks awful. Why get an elegant vehicle only to remove any signs of distinction from it? I agree that it's now easily distinguishable from other SRX's, but I can't say that it looks good.
    davedogcaddy likes this.

Fair opinion. To each their own.

Ponyman is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Looks like dog crap.

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

cut this guy some slack, consider his age.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

You know, usually I'm not a big plasti-dip fan (normally the user just plasters it on and it looks like horrible crap hanging all over). But whomever did your spray job (Core Customs I guess) did an excellent job! It's so fine it looks almost like paint! And with the Ashen Grey Metallic paint, you have a sweet stealth, smoky SRX going on! Good job on the look, and good job on researching it thoroughly before just buying a can and spraying the crap all over!

Not to mention your SRX should be easier to clean in the winter, and you don't have to worry about the chrome diminishing for some time!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Although not my cup of tea I do give this SRX owner credit for trying something completely different!

If this can be reversed than really no harm indeed and no loss of resale value too.

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    How durable is the finish? Mostly worried about the grill chipping off and having little specks of chrome shining through.

Thanks guys, glad I'm getting some positive feedback. The guys at Core Customs really know what they are doing. They are doing some high end cars. Escalade, GTR, Corvette, just to name a few.

adamjeeps good question. The key to plastidip is how many coats you put on. The more coats, the more durable it is and the easier it is to peal off. When the product first came out guys were doing 3-4 coats. The guys at Core are using around 8 coats so it is very durable. They have stated even with the harsh climates here it should last about 3 years before having to be removed or re-done.

Now will it last forever? No. It's not designed to. The reason I did it though is two reasons. The guys at Core warranty it for a year so if you do get any chips or it starts to peel they will re-do that section for free.

Secondly with the weather where I live they put a lot of salt and rocks on the road during the winter. Even if it only lasted a year it's protecting the wheels and chrome from rock chips that are a way of life here. This is an investment into this beautiful car is how I see it.

I could go on forever about this stuff.

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

I'm glad you found a way to make your SRX 'your own' - and as it's been said, it looks like for what it is they did a great job.

That being said I'm personally not a fan. AND I do not consider myself 'an old man' (I'm 29). I've actually added MORE chrome to my 2010 SRX by upgrading to the 2013 grills. So to each his own, and it's not necessarily tied to age.

allgm and Marc NY like this.

You are right. I used a poor choice of words. You need to individualize it for YOU. I prefer the matte black look over the chrome but to each their own.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.