Plastidip 2013 SRX w/ Pictures - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Plastidip 2013 SRX w/ Pictures in Cadillac SRX Forums; car looks beautiful man...now tint the taillights lol Love unique looking cars, sets it apart from the rest of the ...
    Mullah88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6L (BLU); 1998 Seville STS (Delilah)
    car looks beautiful man...now tint the taillights lol

Love unique looking cars, sets it apart from the rest of the drones out there

vex008 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010

Re: Plastidip 2013 SRX w/ Pictures

looks really good OP, some like the chrome and some dont. I am not a huge fan of chrome but it does work with little bit here and there.
    I got some plastidip I might give it a go. You are right...it peels off no problem and its fairly durable.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

I just used it on my Dodge Dakota wood grain radio bezel. Plasti dipped it black. 4 coats. Then 4 coats of gloss. My question is does it ever lose the "sticky" feeling or is it really feel like wet rubber even after completely drying? I keep remembering to tell myself that it can peel right off if i screw it up or want to change color or revert back to original

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

It's not for me, but it's your SRX and your money and if it suits you then "right on"
    Bill

dbair07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX

Hey @adamjeeps. Couple thoughts on your post. Yes the sticky feel will go away after a couple solid weeks of drying. Have to be careful not to scratch it during this drying phase or it will be permanent.

The gloss may give you headaches. Matte plastidip peels easily. As soon as you add gloss it will peel in small little flakes instead of a nice steady peel. Might be a big pain in the you know. If people want a glossy look don't use plastidip it takes away from a lot of benefits of plastidip.

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

I think they did a great job, also being you're wise enough to choose a Cadillac, means you will more than stand out in a crowd.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by dbair07 View Post
    Hey @adamjeeps. Couple thoughts on your post. Yes the sticky feel will go away after a couple solid weeks of drying. Have to be careful not to scratch it during this drying phase or it will be permanent.

The gloss may give you headaches. Matte plastidip peels easily. As soon as you add gloss it will peel in small little flakes instead of a nice steady peel. Might be a big pain in the you know. If people want a glossy look don't use plastidip it takes away from a lot of benefits of plastidip.
    Thanks for the info. I was debating not using the gloss but it was my first time trying the dip process and wanted to see how it looked. I have read and can confirm that the black does not really get very "glossy" unless I didn't do it the best way. It still looks great and was a cheap way to get rid of the ugly wood radio bezel (the only wood trim in the entire truck, why Dodge used it, I don't understand).

It's kind of addictive, I am now looking at everything and wondering if i should plastidip it

quantex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own two 2012 SRX-4 w/o Nav

I like it. The dealership has a blacked out one for an additional 1400K. What a waste of money. The GM black paint sucks and to have more of it and pay for it, hell-no.

kanundrum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I think it looks good, I did a similar thing on my 9-4x

Except I used a Metallic over it

2u58e95.jpg

Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD - Silver Coast w/ Shale-Brownstone

@quantex: 1400K? As in 1.4 million? LOL!

@others:
    I find it strange that so many of you are interested in blacking out your vehicles, yet for years everyone screamed at GM for using bland black/grey plastic for bumpers, rockers, etc on the cheaper models - cheap cheap cheap! everyone yelled. Now everyone wants black plastic vehicles?

As an alternative suggestion to you, my neighbour just had his pickup done with the pebble-finished black bed liner on the rocker panels, bumpers, and wheels.

Max

oldtramp99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Sure takes care of the bling ---- I'm feeling a generation gap!!!!! ----In my time, we just removed all the chrome.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximumkk
    @quantex: 1400K? As in 1.4 million? LOL!

@others:
    I find it strange that so many of you are interested in blacking out your vehicles, yet for years everyone screamed at GM for using bland black/grey plastic for bumpers, rockers, etc on the cheaper models - cheap cheap cheap! everyone yelled. Now everyone wants black plastic vehicles?

As an alternative suggestion to you, my neighbour just had his pickup done with the pebble-finished black bed liner on the rocker panels, bumpers, and wheels.

Max
    Times they are a-changin'!

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

That is one ugly SRX!!!!! Enough said...............

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

I am an old man and I like it. Thing is, I also have tons of experience with plastidip and have concluded that anywhere I may need to touch or dry, it's not for me. It loses grippiness, but still traps lint, dust, dirt, etc to much to my liking. I was hot on Plastidip, but not so much now. I encourage people to try it, and see if they like the look for a few weeks. If they do, then peel it off and get it done right, permanently. The other use I have for it is to apply a layer of clear plastidip (NOT THE GLOSSIFYER), just clear plastidip to the front end of my vehicles before the winter like a clear bra - then peel it off in the Spring. Been doing this for 2 years and have far less chips, nicks than I would otherwise from salt trucks etc.

LesCrucial is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Love it..... Screw the Haters...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.