2010 SRX leaking into trunk and ruined power liftgate module
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX leaking into trunk and ruined power liftgate module in Cadillac SRX Forums; So far, water only seemed to have pooled where the trunk release mechanism is. Any ideas where the leak could ...
    NLCassidy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium

2010 SRX leaking into trunk and ruined power liftgate module

So far, water only seemed to have pooled where the trunk release mechanism is. Any ideas where the leak could be coming from? Dealer had my car all day and could not find it. They will look again when the new module comes in to fix my power liftgate. I do have a sunroof. Could the drains be clogged? I would have thought that would be the first place they looked.

Thanks.

----------

Added info - they can't pinpoint the leak because they couldn't even get the liftgate to open manually and had to crawl into my trunk from the backseat. The leak seems to be coming from the left side. Waiting on the new module then for them to be able to get a better look.

Still would appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2010 SRX leaking into trunk and ruined power liftgate module

Quote Originally Posted by NLCassidy View Post
    So far, water only seemed to have pooled where the trunk release mechanism is. Any ideas where the leak could be coming from? Dealer had my car all day and could not find it. They will look again when the new module comes in to fix my power liftgate. I do have a sunroof. Could the drains be clogged? I would have thought that would be the first place they looked.

Thanks.

----------

Added info - they can't pinpoint the leak because they couldn't even get the liftgate to open manually and had to crawl into my trunk from the backseat. The leak seems to be coming from the left side. Waiting on the new module then for them to be able to get a better look.

Still would appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.
    Hello NLCassidy,

I apologize that the dealership has not been able to find the source of the leak in your SRX. Please keep us updated on the situation, and if you would like me to reach out to them regarding this issue, I’d be more than happy to. Thank you very much for your time. I will look forward to your updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Williamrice is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Cool Re: 2010 SRX leaking into trunk and ruined power liftgate module

To NLCassidy,
    I have just heard from my Cadillac dealer about the exact same problem. They say my sunroof drains are clogged and water is pooling on the passenger side foot well as well as my lift gate module sitting in water. They say they can unclog the front drain tubes but need to replace each of the rear ones. The total costs is quoted at about $800.00. I am upset and concerned that this problem is not covered by a service recall or warranty. I have looked at other forums and see that this problem has existed on some earlier models and should have been addressed in my owners manual.

Any comments?

Williamrice

Quote Originally Posted by Williamrice View Post
    To NLCassidy,
    I have just heard from my Cadillac dealer about the exact same problem. They say my sunroof drains are clogged and water is pooling on the passenger side foot well as well as my lift gate module sitting in water. They say they can unclog the front drain tubes but need to replace each of the rear ones. The total costs is quoted at about $800.00. I am upset and concerned that this problem is not covered by a service recall or warranty. I have looked at other forums and see that this problem has existed on some earlier models and should have been addressed in my owners manual.

Any comments?

Williamrice
    Hello Williamrice,

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your sunroof leaking in your SRX as well. We look at our customer concerns on a case by case basis and recalls are VIN specific. If you could send me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are working with, I will be able to look into your concern. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

etexlady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat

Happened to me too. My service manager said the drain tubes from the roof get clogged, in my case, it was with oak tree pollen, and when it rains the water and pollen mix into a paste. Shorted out the truck lock mechanism. Took them a week to get it repaired. It was a warranty repair, thank goodness.
    ilafusa likes this.

C5msg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury

Had the exact same problem with my 2011. Liftgate module shorted out while we were on vacation. Luckily everything was covered under warranty. Roof drains were plugged. The Sarasota Cadillac dealer took care of everything. Good thing because the dealer told me it was over $1000. Good luck with your repairs. Sounds like Cadillac has a problem with their roof drains.

Quote Originally Posted by C5msg View Post
    Had the exact same problem with my 2011. Liftgate module shorted out while we were on vacation. Luckily everything was covered under warranty. Roof drains were plugged. The Sarasota Cadillac dealer took care of everything. Good thing because the dealer told me it was over $1000. Good luck with your repairs. Sounds like Cadillac has a problem with their roof drains.
    Hello C5msg,

Glad to hear your repairs were fixed under warranty and you were satisfied with your dealer visit. We can be contacted via private message if there are ever any other concerns your questions you have.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

yeah mine have clogged up also on my 2010 SRX. Both the sunroof and headlights.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I thought they would have corrected this issue since the first gen was plagued with the same issue.

Hi all. Cadillac is getting fixed today, so unfortunately no updates yet. Was hoping they would call with an update since they had it since 7:30 this morning. While I was waiting in service, I heard them talking about a couple other vehicles with the sunroof drain issues. I bought my Cadillac used from a Chevy dealer. But my factory warranty is still in effect, plus I opted for the extended warranty. Hoping if it is a drain issue, those would be replaced under warranty. We've had quite a rainy season here in New England, which I'm sure doesn't help anything.

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Hi all. Cadillac is getting fixed today, so unfortunately no updates yet. Was hoping they would call with an update since they had it since 7:30 this morning. While I was waiting in service, I heard them talking about a couple other vehicles with the sunroof drain issues. I bought my Cadillac used from a Chevy dealer. But my factory warranty is still in effect, plus I opted for the extended warranty. Hoping if it is a drain issue, those would be replaced under warranty. We've had quite a rainy season here in New England, which I'm sure doesn't help anything.
    if it's under the factory warranty it doesn't matter where you bought it, they will cover this issue.

NLCassidy,

Any further updates on your SRX? We hope all went well on Friday!

Sarah (Assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Was told on Saturday that there was a leak coming from the sunroof. Supposedly everything was fixed that afternoon, they just had to put everything back together. Still wasn't told if it was the actual sunroof or the drains as I haven't talked to any tecnicians, just a service advisor. They weren't able to get everything back together Saturday and they were closed yesterday. Got another call today saying the technician working on my car had an emergency come up and now they are offering me a loaner. Can't believe someone else can't just put all the panels back. But at least I have something to drive instead of relying on favors from other people.

Was told on Saturday that there was a leak coming from the sunroof. Supposedly everything was fixed that afternoon, they just had to put everything back together. Still wasn't told if it was the actual sunroof or the drains as I haven't talked to any tecnicians, just a service advisor. They weren't able to get everything back together Saturday and they were closed yesterday. Got another call today saying the technician working on my car had an emergency come up and now they are offering me a loaner. Can't believe someone else can't just put all the panels back. But at least I have something to drive instead of relying on favors from other people.
    Hello NLCassidy,

I understand how you want your vehicle back in your hands. I apologize an issue came up with the technician and your vehicle has not been put back together yet. Glad to know the dealer was able to provide you with a loaner vehicle for the time being. Please let us know how everything goes and when you have your vehicle back. If there are ever any concerns or questions that arise, don't hesitate to contact us! We can be reached via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

deeami is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I also got the same prob with my SRX 2011.My control module and pump were all ruined by water leak.
    I havent found out where to purchase the new ones.Can anyone help me ?.thanks a lot

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.