2010 SRX leaking into trunk and ruined power liftgate module - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX leaking into trunk and ruined power liftgate module in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by deeami I also got the same prob with my SRX 2011.My control module and pump were all ...
    adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: 2010 SRX leaking into trunk and ruined power liftgate module

Quote Originally Posted by deeami View Post
    I also got the same prob with my SRX 2011.My control module and pump were all ruined by water leak.
    I havent found out where to purchase the new ones.Can anyone help me ?.thanks a lot
    Don't you have a warranty that would cover this?

NLCassidy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium

Finally got my vehicle back! Clogged sunroof drain and it became disconnected. So everything fixed, and was told they can chekc the drains at no cost anytime I bring the car in for service. Everything covered under warranty thank goodness.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by NLCassidy View Post
    Finally got my vehicle back! Clogged sunroof drain and it became disconnected. So everything fixed, and was told they can chekc the drains at no cost anytime I bring the car in for service. Everything covered under warranty thank goodness.

Thanks all for the feedback.
    Hi NLCassidy,

I am happy to hear your vehicle is back in your hands. That is good news to hear the dealer was able to fix your vehicle issues under warranty. You know how to contact us if there is anything in the near future you would like to further discuss or if you have any other questions.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

I also got the same prob with my SRX 2011.My control module and pump were all ruined by water leak.
    I havent found out where to purchase the new ones.Can anyone help me ?.thanks a lot
    Hello deeami,

I apologize that you have experienced the same issue with your SRX. Have you taken your vehicle into the dealership for a diagnosis yet? If you would like assistance in working with the dealership, please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you plan on working with. I see that you are a new user to the forums, so if you are not able to private message me, you can email me at socialmedia@gm.com as well. Be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

deeami is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I already purchased new ones.However, I heard that control module is related to electrical system so i have to install some softwares together with replacing the new parts..Is it right and where to download those softwares ?.

many thanks for those spending time reading this!

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Deeami, you're asking questions that the dealer should be dealing with. Hopefully someone has an answer for ya, but its not me...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

deeami is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I just wanna do it myself

anyway thank you!

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

I just wanna do it myself

anyway thank you!
    Assuming there was a site that you could access to download the software, what device do you have that can upload the software into the PCM?

Bill

tsinsurance is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 2010 SRX. At 57,000 miles on a vehical that is garaged at both home and work, the liftgate module has to be replaced as it shows signs of water damage and rust. $700 to replace regarding a problem that clearly started when our warranty was in force. Per the question somebody posted in this forum.....Why in the world has there not been a recall regarding this common issue? My car passed all water test this morning. No they found no leaks which means this is going to happen again. Not happy at all with this outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by tsinsurance View Post
    I have a 2010 SRX. At 57,000 miles on a vehical that is garaged at both home and work, the liftgate module has to be replaced as it shows signs of water damage and rust. $700 to replace regarding a problem that clearly started when our warranty was in force. Per the question somebody posted in this forum.....Why in the world has there not been a recall regarding this common issue? My car passed all water test this morning. No they found no leaks which means this is going to happen again. Not happy at all with this outcome.
    Hello tsinsurance,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your with your liftgate module in your SRX. I would be more than happy to look further into this concern for you. Could you provide me with your name contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have been working with in a private message? If you aren’t able to private message me, you can also reach me via email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line. Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I hope to hear back from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

cyndycyn is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I am having this problem right now. Cadillac is insisting I spilled something sticky and it ruined the pump. Thanks for the postings I will tell them about the sunroof drains. They want me to pay $1500 right now. they are trying to tell me that I spilled something sticky and I am 100% sure that I did not. I feel like they are trying to pull a fast one on me and if that's true...I will never buy another Cadillac again.
    stevec5375 likes this.

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

just glad my 2010 doesn't have a sunroof...........

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by cyndycyn View Post
    I am having this problem right now. Cadillac is insisting I spilled something sticky and it ruined the pump. Thanks for the postings I will tell them about the sunroof drains. They want me to pay $1500 right now. they are trying to tell me that I spilled something sticky and I am 100% sure that I did not. I feel like they are trying to pull a fast one on me and if that's true...I will never buy another Cadillac again.
    Spilled something sticky where and ruined what pump?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by cyndycyn View Post
    cyndycyn,

My deepest apologies to read about this situation. Although unable to guarantee anything, we certainly understand your frustration and would like to assist. When you're able, please message us privately so we can discuss the matter further. We look forward to hearing from you.

William R.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium

Is there a way to check / clean out the drain tubes? Spray canned air through them? How many drain tubes are there? Can you reverse clean them with canned air?

BattChief7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

I had this issue with my 2011. Clogged drain tubes led to shorted out lift gate module. Extended warranty would not cover and they told me I would be responsible. I fought it and asked them to provide me with description of preventive maintenance that would keep drains from clogging. they admitted that there is no preventive maintenance to address this issue. In other words, it is a design flaw. My fight got the price of repair reduced from $900 to $200.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.