Key fobs locked in srx again
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Key fobs locked in srx again in Cadillac SRX Forums; We purchased our 2011 SRX 6 months ago and just love the vehicle. The only problem we have had is ...
    C5msg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury

Key fobs locked in srx again

We purchased our 2011 SRX 6 months ago and just love the vehicle. The only problem we have had is my wife has locked both key fobs in the vehicle twice. On-Star has unlocked the vehicle both times. Is there a way to keep this from happening? What am I missing? It is a fwd luxury model.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Re: Key fobs locked in srx again

Get a new wife? lol.

Congrats on your purchase, and welcome to the forum.
    davedogcaddy likes this.

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

The SRX should give you 3 unique horn toots when you exit the vehicle (before locking) when the FOB's are left in the car. Can you train your wife to be aware of this alert?

Also, why would you (she) leave BOTH FOB's in the vehicle? Why don't you leave ONE at home in a safe place?

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

There are places in the car where the keys can hide and the sensor wont find them 'inside' (and do the beeps, etc). I locked mine in once, when I tossed a jacket with my keys in the pocket over the back seat. Never got any warning. Onstar opened. I have left my keys in my golf bag several times, but realize it just as the hatch closed. There's a few seconds before the locks engage that I've been able to get it open.
    I dont think its hard at all to lock keys in the rear cargo area.
    davedogcaddy likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by C5msg View Post
    We purchased our 2011 SRX 6 months ago and just love the vehicle. The only problem we have had is my wife has locked both key fobs in the vehicle twice. On-Star has unlocked the vehicle both times. Is there a way to keep this from happening? What am I missing? It is a fwd luxury model.
    Hi C5msg,

Glad to hear you and your wife are loving your SRX! I see others on the forum offered some advice on the locking of key fobs in the vehicle situation. If there are other questions or concerns you have in the future, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Driver View Post
    There are places in the car where the keys can hide and the sensor wont find them 'inside' (and do the beeps, etc). I locked mine in once, when I tossed a jacket with my keys in the pocket over the back seat. Never got any warning. Onstar opened. I have left my keys in my golf bag several times, but realize it just as the hatch closed. There's a few seconds before the locks engage that I've been able to get it open.
    I dont think its hard at all to lock keys in the rear cargo area.
    I can confirm this. If you leave the keys in the cargo area you will be locked out. Voice of experience here....

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

And, I think, places in the back seat. I have been driving with my keys in a gym bag in the back seat and suddenly had the DIC report 'No Key Found'....

C5msg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury

Laura,
    Why can the vehicle lock when the key fob is in the vehicle and the vehicle is not running? There should be a way to keep this from happening. Can my local Cadillac dealer help?
    Thank you,
    c5msg

Carry is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

I purchased a 2013 srx two weeks ago. Every day I put my purse with the key faub and diaper bag in the back seat and secure my child in his car seat, close the door, open the front door and drive away. Yesterday when I shut the rear door all doors locked. My key, cell phone and 1 year old were locked inside. I hadn't learned the benefits of Onstar so I call the police department because it was 95 degrees outside. Now I will always keep the key faub on me. I didn't think the doors were supposed to lock with the key faub inside. Is there something wrong with my vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by C5msg View Post
    Laura,
    Why can the vehicle lock when the key fob is in the vehicle and the vehicle is not running? There should be a way to keep this from happening. Can my local Cadillac dealer help?
    Thank you,
    c5msg
    Hello C5msg,

I did some research on your behalf and see that in your owner’s manual on chapter 2 page 5 it says:

“Some vehicles have the keyless access system that lets you lock and unlock the doors and access the liftgate without removing the remote transmitter from your pocket, purse, briefcase, etc. The keyless entry transmitter must be within 1m (3 ft) of the door being opened. If the vehicle has this feature, there will be a body colored touch pad on the outside front door handles.

Keyless Unlocking: With the transmitter within 1m (3 ft), approach the front door and pull the handle. If the transmitter is recognized, the door will unlock and open. Entering any door other than the driver door will always cause all of the doors to unlock. This is not customizable. To customize which doors unlock when the driver’s door is opened, see “Passive Unlock” under Vehicle Personalization on page 5‑42”

I also see that the process for setting up a remote left in vehicle reminder on chapter 5, page 48.I hope this information helps. Please reach out to us via private message if you have any further questions. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Carry View Post
    I purchased a 2013 srx two weeks ago. Every day I put my purse with the key faub and diaper bag in the back seat and secure my child in his car seat, close the door, open the front door and drive away. Yesterday when I shut the rear door all doors locked. My key, cell phone and 1 year old were locked inside. I hadn't learned the benefits of Onstar so I call the police department because it was 95 degrees outside. Now I will always keep the key faub on me. I didn't think the doors were supposed to lock with the key faub inside. Is there something wrong with my vehicle?
    Hello Carry,

I apologize that when you shut the rear door all the doors locked. Starting on chapter 5 page 40, there are instructions on how to personalize your vehicle’s power door locks and then on chapter 5 page 43 it explains your options. It also explains the remote left in vehicle reminder that I mentioned to C5msg. I hope this information helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I am able to assist you with. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    TheCaptain likes this.

shelteredraptor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

I just had a brand new (31 miles) SRX lock my wife out today with the fob on the center console. OnStar opened it, but the V has never locked me out. It should NOT lock the doors with the fob inside the car period.

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

I know this may not help the ladies with cell phones left in purses, but I got the My Cadillac app for my iPhone with the OnStar Remote Link which allows you to start, lock, unlock, blow horns & lights using your cell phone from anywhere on earth! This could get you out of many situations as long as you've got your cell phone.
    TheCaptain likes this.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Please read and review.

When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

If all this is true (and just for S's & G's I'm not going to do any testing), then it's not a very well engineered system. My other car also has the prox keys and there is no way you can lock the fobs in the car or in the trunk....it just isn't going to happen....but then again, everything else on the car works properly also. I guess for the extra $20,000 I paid for the Cadillac over my other car I must have signed up for beta testing, also.

Quote Originally Posted by shelteredraptor View Post
    I just had a brand new (31 miles) SRX lock my wife out today with the fob on the center console. OnStar opened it, but the V has never locked me out. It should NOT lock the doors with the fob inside the car period.
    Hello shelteredraptor,

I agree and am sorry for this inconvenience of your vehicle locking your wife out. If you would like to further discuss any concerns or have questions, please reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.