Key fobs locked in srx again - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Key fobs locked in srx again in Cadillac SRX Forums; Mine honks 3 times and locks the doors! I am trying to understand what you are asking for?...
    MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Re: Key fobs locked in srx again

Mine honks 3 times and locks the doors!
    I am trying to understand what you are asking for?

woodytwo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD

What is the "power door switch"? I don't have any power doors unless you call the rear hatch a door.

I have had my 2012 srx awd for a year now. When it comes to the key fobs, auto lock and leaving fob in vehicle, Cadilac got it wrong. Very complex problem and rookie was assigned to program the solution.

There is no way that a child should be able to be locked in a car as the person with the carseat experienced. It needs a programming fix.

If your wife is sitting in the passenger seat and the driver gets out to pump gas, no way should the horn honk 3 times. Yes there a key fob in the car but the car recognizes that a person is also in the car due to the seat belt system. Yes it is a separate system but computer systems have been talking to each other for years. It needs a programming fix. (dealer response "Tell your wife to leave purse at home".)

I drive wife to train station. get out and run for the train. Wife leaves purse in car with fob and goes to driver side but door locks before she gets there. Now she's locked out. It needs a programming fix.
    Cadillac continues to ignore their customers complaints/frustrations with these issues. If not why not a fix???

----------

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=178026

Not entirely true. There is a TSB out to reprogram the computer to recognize the key as still being in the car. My wife had it in her purse. She left to go into the store and left her purse in the car. The car thought she had took the key with her and locked her out while she was walking away.
    My dealer says that there are no tsb's for this situation. Can you provide # please? Is there a place to access TSB's?

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    [Quote

----------

My dealer says that there are no tsb's for this situation. Can you provide # please? Is there a place to access TSB's?[/QUOTE]

This link is the tsb:

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=178026

Last time I checked there was 289 service bulletins listed for a 2012 SRX.

woodytwo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD

Thanks Adam for the info. Much appreciated.

ntoussaint is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade, SRX

Laura

Why is it the Cadillac customer service does not get it? We need the option of preventing the drivers door from locking if even one faub is in the vehicle. The SRX is my wife's car and she will lock the doors before exiting and then when she closes the drivers door - a beep and then "locked". We need to be able to set an option to prevent locking if any faub is in the car (especially in the front seat area).

carbeck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium, previously 2011 AWD Luxury

Disable the auto-locking function until Cadillac finally implements such an option?

SRXpsych is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX luxury Mocha Steele Matalic AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by carbeck
    Disable the auto-locking function until Cadillac finally implements such an option?
    I am trying my hardest to understand this issue. If you disable the autolock feature problem solved, or if you are unwilling to do so, and refuse to adjust your locking the car before you exit preference, make sure you have onstar who can preform an unlock remotely. This is seems more of user error, rather than a flaw of the system. Perhaps I'm missing something, There is no way any car maker could account for all of the different options and preferences and ensure that no one would ever lock there keys in the car. ...in my own testing, with the autolock feature turned off I was unable to lock the car from the outside, if the fob was in the front seat, back seat, or cargo area. Perhaps my 2012 SRX, luxury was updated somehow.
    TheCaptain and westham like this.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    The system was designed to have the key fob in your pocket if I remember from the original Corvette application many years ago. I assume at the time they were thinking men only and no car seats and/or murses, etc. Time marches on, but the tech remained the same and was applied to other GM vehicles. Convenience comes at a price, but it also comes with the inevitable bugs. There is no perfect system as long as humans are involved.
    TheCaptain likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ntoussaint View Post
    Laura

Why is it the Cadillac customer service does not get it? We need the option of preventing the drivers door from locking if even one faub is in the vehicle. The SRX is my wife's car and she will lock the doors before exiting and then when she closes the drivers door - a beep and then "locked". We need to be able to set an option to prevent locking if any faub is in the car (especially in the front seat area).
    Hello ntoussaint,

We appreciate your feedback and your concern has been documented in our system which can be accessed by multiple departments within General Motors. If you would like to further discuss anything or have additional questions, please send us a private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

I also don't like that If I unlock the door with key fob, in pocket and close door, it will auto lock the doors even though I am In very close proximity to the vehicle (less than 8 feet).

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    I love that the SRX will lock itself when you are out of the vehicle, especially at gas stations where all kinds of degenerates eyeball your ride. I even had one come over from 3 pumps over this summer to "have a peek" inside. He told me he was a Christian and was not a thief. Right.

My SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD 2.8L Turbo

There was a comment about cars having this feature having touch pads not so I have this feature & don't have touch pads. Also no horn beeps before lock out. I was at Caddillac & they were working on my vehicle & they spent 45 minutes getting access for me & they still don't know what is wrong. My solution I ordered another pass key, not the whole fob.

DougY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX

I don't want to disparage the Cadillac for another brand but i have to say that I have this feature on another vehicle and there is no question it was better executed.

I have been frustrated with the proximity required, the way that the handles operate to lock and unlock etc since I purchased my SRX.

There are better versions out there and when you've had one you can appreciate the difference.
    stevec5375 likes this.

ShinyAndBlack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I read through this thread and didn't notice anyone else mention the Onstar phone app (maybe I missed it). It lets you lock or unlock the car from anywhere. Even easier than having to call Onstar. That's my plan for when I lock my key inside.

MrsSwin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I got out of my SRX, walked around to the front door of my house, realized I didn't have my house keys, walked back and opened the passenger door of my car to see if they were there, realized I didn't have them so I left my purse, my keys and my phones on the passenger seat to go around back and access my home through another door only to return to find my car locked with my keys, my purse and both of my phones on the passenger seat. There was no triple horn which is set up and goes off normally when my keys are in it. Why would a car auto lock with the FOB in it?! That makes NO sense to me. I'm sitting here at 10pm at night waiting for AAA....because Onstar can't help unless I'm in my car....yet another mystery. I bought my SRX used in 2012 (it's a 2011) and the dealer did not have a second FOB.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Please update your profile to show correct information and time zone.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.