Key fobs locked in srx again - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Key fobs locked in srx again in Cadillac SRX Forums; Cadillac's system is the best bar none. Sure, Acuras will prevent you from locking your key fob in the car, ...
    '12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Cadillac's system is the best bar none. Sure, Acuras will prevent you from locking your key fob in the car, but Cadillac also locks your vehicle automatically depending on your model when you walk away with the fob on your person. As The Captain posted the system can be programmed to prevent lockout.

njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

Re: Key fobs locked in srx again

Try to set the "Remote Left In Vehicle Reminder" found on page 5-45 of the owners manual.

I have that set to "On". When exiting and the drivers RKE is still in the vehicle, the horn chirps 3 times and the doors will not lock.

It is possible to lock an RKE in the car if one RKE was removed. I left my wife's RKE in the car while leaving the vehicle with my RKE. The horn did not chirp and I was able to lock the doors. The doors could not be unlocked without returning with the RKE that had left. My wife's purse was on the passenger seat, but the doors would not unlock until I had my RKE next to the door. It seems to me the locking is well thought out and an RKE that is the only one around cannot be locked in the vehicle if the Remote Left In Vehicle Reminder is On.
    TheCaptain likes this.

GEORGEC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 DHS

This is another reason that Cadillac (all marques for that matter) should still provide a valet key. I hide the valet key somewhere in the vehicle to protect me from losing my keys in some location that is inconvenient/dangerous. In my wallet I carry a key that will only open a door. This protects me from both the keys locked in the car and the lost key scenario.

westham is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Lock outs. It's dumb stuff like this that puts off owners trading in their Cadullacs for a new one ........... many will be thinking never again!!!

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by westham
    Lock outs. It's dumb stuff like this that puts off owners trading in their Cadullacs for a new one ........... many will be thinking never again!!!
    I'm thinking that the person who gets locked out is the problem.
    TheCaptain likes this.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

Yes, the SRX can be locked with another key fob in the car. That is called theft prevention. It is not surprising to me how many people leave their keys in the car, most of whom are either too lazy to take them with them and/or just like to get in and go. Talk to any police officer and s/he will tell you most cars are stolen and/or things stolen out of vehicles because the doors are not locked.

The last time I checked, no one is putting a banana to anyone's head to buy a Cadillac. Maybe Cadillac should have a message played thru the audio system at the highest volume to take your keys with yourself or face the consequences of your stupidity and/or laziness. However, someone would sue Cadillac for millions saying their hearing was damaged and their feelings were hurt. I was in a 720iL BMW a few years ago and the car talked to me for what seemed a minute or so telling me all the things I should be doing and aware of before driving away. It did say please and thank you though.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

I remember seeing a case on The People's Court. A woman was accused of a hit and run accident and denied any involvement. It was clear that her vehicle was involved, but that she was definitely not the driver. It came out that she had a habit of leaving her keys in the car at work all the time, and that a similar incident had happened before. The case was decided against her. Afterwards during her comments, she said that she would likely continue to leave the keys in the car. No amount of technology can compensate for this type of irresponsible behavior. If you drive a car that you have programmed to automatically lock after you exit the vehicle, you'd better be sure to take your keys. The auto lock is completely controlled by the person and not the car.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    I remember seeing a case on The People's Court. A woman was accused of a hit and run accident and denied any involvement. It was clear that her vehicle was involved, but that she was definitely not the driver. It came out that she had a habit of leaving her keys in the car at work all the time, and that a similar incident had happened before. The case was decided against her. Afterwards during her comments, she said that she would likely continue to leave the keys in the car. No amount of technology can compensate for this type of irresponsible behavior. If you drive a car that you have programmed to automatically lock after you exit the vehicle, you'd better be sure to take your keys. The auto lock is completely controlled by the person and not the car.
    http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=178026

Not entirely true. There is a TSB out to reprogram the computer to recognize the key as still being in the car. My wife had it in her purse. She left to go into the store and left her purse in the car. The car thought she had took the key with her and locked her out while she was walking away.

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

I put my RKE fob in the indentation behind the shifter, the doors looked and wouldn't unlock. I purposely put the transmitter in the vehicle which was in the garage, so I could walk out and not need the transmitter to get in, wrong. I guess that position is just over the 3 ft. limit, I just don't understand the auto lock logic with the RKE in the vehicle, I was glad to have the OnStar Mobile Remote to unlock it.

Zachary is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury Crystal Red

I have a '10 SRX Luxury with Nav . In mine if you leave the remote in the vehicle ( engine off ) , and close the door the horn honks at me 2 times to let me know fob is still in the vehicle !

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

I would like an option in vehicle set-up that when you shut vehicle off and leave RKE in the vehicle the horn would sound like it does and the lights would flash, but not lock the vehicle. Next it would send an immediate text to your on-star registered phone that the RKE is in the vehicle in case you left it in there by mistake. I would like to leave the RKE in my vehicle at times while I'm working on it so the doors don't keep locking. I find it annoying as I frequently like to go in and out of my SRX while it's in the garage and it keeps locking the doors. I don't always want to keep the RKE in my pocket and need to press the door handle button to un-lock. I just want to pull the handle on an un-locked door.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    I have a '10 SRX Luxury with Nav . In mine if you leave the remote in the vehicle ( engine off ) , and close the door the horn honks at me 2 times to let me know fob is still in the vehicle !
    Hi Zachary,

Pretty neat feature, huh? Has this helped you out a few times before? I hope you are enjoying your 2010 SRX! If there are ever concerns or questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by MJDART View Post
    I would like an option in vehicle set-up that when you shut vehicle off and leave RKE in the vehicle the horn would sound like it does and the lights would flash, but not lock the vehicle. Next it would send an immediate text to your on-star registered phone that the RKE is in the vehicle in case you left it in there by mistake. I would like to leave the RKE in my vehicle at times while I'm working on it so the doors don't keep locking. I find it annoying as I frequently like to go in and out of my SRX while it's in the garage and it keeps locking the doors. I don't always want to keep the RKE in my pocket and need to press the door handle button to un-lock. I just want to pull the handle on an un-locked door.
    Hello MJDART,

Thank you very much for the feedback in regards to the RKE feature and the locking mechanism of the SRX. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to the correct contact in our organization. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

So leave the key in it and let it honk.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

I am trying to understand what you are asking for?

Try to set the "Remote Left In Vehicle Reminder" as found on page 5-45 of the owners manual.

I have that set to "On". When exiting and the drivers RKE is still in the vehicle, the horn chirps 3 times and the doors will not lock.

I do not have passive locking set. Perhaps that will allow the doors to lock with the RKE inside.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.