Why doesn't the 2013 SRX come with the special USB iPod Cable?
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Why doesn't the 2013 SRX come with the special USB iPod Cable? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I just took delivery of a "brand new" 2013 Premium SRX.. It did not come with the special USB iPod ...
  1. #1
    austin's Avatar
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,741
    I just took delivery of a "brand new" 2013 Premium SRX.. It did not come with the special USB iPod Cable... I asked the dealer about it several times and he said the 2013 SRX does not come with one.. Is this true and if so, why not?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    JChen's Avatar
    JChen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD Performance, 2010 SRX AWD Luxury
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rockford, MI
    Age
    33
    Posts
    55

    Re: Why doesn't the 2013 SRX come with the special USB iPod Cable?

    The Apple connectors are so ubiquitous by now that it's pretty much assumed that everyone has one (or multiple) cables laying around at home.

    Is this really a point of contention for you?

  4. #3
    austin's Avatar
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,741
    Quote Originally Posted by JChen
    The Apple connectors are so ubiquitous by now that it's pretty much assumed that everyone has one (or multiple) cables laying around at home.

    Is this really a point of contention for you?
    I got one with my 2011 CTS-V which I use.. My girlfriend will be driving the SRX and is asking why there is no cable for her.. It is a special adapter cable with a USB and a 1/8" mini jack.

  5. #4
    JChen's Avatar
    JChen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD Performance, 2010 SRX AWD Luxury
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rockford, MI
    Age
    33
    Posts
    55

    Re: Why doesn't the 2013 SRX come with the special USB iPod Cable?

    Go to Best Buy and get a 30-pin to USB connector for $5 or a 3.5mm cable for $3.

  6. #5
    st4422's Avatar
    st4422 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Black Ice, 2009 CTS DI Thunder Gray
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by austin
    I just took delivery of a "brand new" 2013 Premium SRX.. It did not come with the special USB iPod Cable... I asked the dealer about it several times and he said the 2013 SRX does not come with one.. Is this true and if so, why not?
    The special USB/audio to 30 pin connector cable is not required. CUE uses USB or Bluetooth to connect phones and iPods. Just use the 30 pin to USB that came with your iPod or iPhone.
    davedogcaddy and TheCaptain like this.

  7. #6
    300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, N.Y.
    Posts
    556

    Re: Why doesn't the 2013 SRX come with the special USB iPod Cable?

    I have noticed that with several different cars I've purchased new, getting the special OEM iPod cable can be tough. It seems that they often disappear from the vehicle and a new one has to be "found". I always make it plain at the time of the sale that I MUST have the cable on delivery. While it would seem that this cable may not be needed, it should come with the vehicle when new. I would pursue this if it was a 2012 model. I'm not sure how the '13 is configured. If it still has the jack with both audio and USB in the console to connect your iOS device than the cable should be provided by the dealer at no charge. Where's Cadillac Customer Service?

  8. #7
    austin's Avatar
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,741
    Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1
    I have noticed that with several different cars I've purchased new, getting the special OEM iPod cable can be tough. It seems that they often disappear from the vehicle and a new one has to be "found". I always make it plain at the time of the sale that I MUST have the cable on delivery. While it would seem that this cable may not be needed, it should come with the vehicle when new. I would pursue this if it was a 2012 model. I'm not sure how the '13 is configured. If it still has the jack with both audio and USB in the console to connect your iOS device than the cable should be provided by the dealer at no charge. Where's Cadillac Customer Service?
    Good point, I would also like to know for sure from one of the cadillac reps on here if I was suppose to get the ipod cable or not when I took delivery of my new 2013 SRX. .And yes, I have a USB and 1/8" mini jack in center console, along with a SD Card slot.

  9. #8
    JChen's Avatar
    JChen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD Performance, 2010 SRX AWD Luxury
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rockford, MI
    Age
    33
    Posts
    55

    Re: Why doesn't the 2013 SRX come with the special USB iPod Cable?

    What makes the OEM cable special compared to the cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone?

    Still not seeing the big deal here...

  10. #9
    austin's Avatar
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,741
    Quote Originally Posted by JChen
    What makes the OEM cable special compared to the cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone?

    Still not seeing the big deal here...
    She has an iPod touch 3rd generation.. It does not have the newer style connector and no Bluetooth.. Only the Cadillac cable will work to charge and control it.

    The ones that look the same on eBay have been known not to work.

    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...d-adapter.html

  11. #10
    JChen's Avatar
    JChen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD Performance, 2010 SRX AWD Luxury
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rockford, MI
    Age
    33
    Posts
    55

    Re: Why doesn't the 2013 SRX come with the special USB iPod Cable?

    Heres what you can do... Take the 30-pin iPod connector that came with the 3rd gen iPod touch and plug it into the USB port in the center console. If your '13 has CUE, you can also plug it into the USB port behind the display.

    I'm confident that you do not need a special cable to control the iPod from the steering wheel controls or head unit.

  12. #11
    austin's Avatar
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,741
    Quote Originally Posted by JChen
    Heres what you can do... Take the 30-pin iPod connector that came with the 3rd gen iPod touch and plug it into the USB port in the center console. If your '13 has CUE, you can also plug it into the USB port behind the display.

    I'm confident that you do not need a special cable to control the iPod from the steering wheel controls or head unit.
    Your way will only charge and control the iPod. You need the 1/8" to pass the audio. Have you seen the Cadillac cable or have a 3rd generation iPod. You would know what I'm talking about.
    Attached Images

  13. #12
    Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    241

    Re: Why doesn't the 2013 SRX come with the special USB iPod Cable?

    I guess that what works for me, may not work for you, but I have no problems with a plain old apple cable. Not saying you're wrong, just pointing out.
    I have a 3rd Gen IPod TOUCH (maybe the 'touch' part makes a diff) and I have no problem on a 2012 Lux (without Nav). Audio quality is better through USB than 1/8" anyway. Not sure how all the moving parts fall together, but I can control the ipod from steering controls, or the head, and all I have to do is press the aux input button until ipod comes up.
    It just seems kinda strange that USB wouldnt work on a '13 without analog audio connection. Does the 2013 support mp3 on a thumbdrive?
    JChen likes this.

  14. #13
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,238

    Re: Why doesn't the 2013 SRX come with the special USB iPod Cable?

    Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    I just took delivery of a "brand new" 2013 Premium SRX.. It did not come with the special USB iPod Cable... I asked the dealer about it several times and he said the 2013 SRX does not come with one.. Is this true and if so, why not?
    Hello austin,

    I am happy to answer this question for you. Can you please private message me and include your contact information, VIN and the dealership name and location?

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

  15. #14
    austin's Avatar
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

    Hello austin,

    I am happy to answer this question for you. Can you please private message me and include your contact information, VIN and the dealership name and location?

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Ok, Thank you.

  16. #15
    JChen's Avatar
    JChen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD Performance, 2010 SRX AWD Luxury
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rockford, MI
    Age
    33
    Posts
    55

    Re: Why doesn't the 2013 SRX come with the special USB iPod Cable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Driver View Post
    I guess that what works for me, may not work for you, but I have no problems with a plain old apple cable. Not saying you're wrong, just pointing out.
    I have a 3rd Gen IPod TOUCH (maybe the 'touch' part makes a diff) and I have no problem on a 2012 Lux (without Nav). Audio quality is better through USB than 1/8" anyway. Not sure how all the moving parts fall together, but I can control the ipod from steering controls, or the head, and all I have to do is press the aux input button until ipod comes up.
    It just seems kinda strange that USB wouldnt work on a '13 without analog audio connection. Does the 2013 support mp3 on a thumbdrive?
    OP said his girlfriend has a 3rd Gen iPod touch but his photo shows a iPod classic or iPod w/ video so I'm not sure but I agree that the Apple cable should work as advertised without doubling up with a 1/8 cable.

    Maybe update the firmware on the iPod (touch)?

    Not sure what else to say.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting