FINALLY! Snagged the 2013 MY style lower grill! (& a question for 2013 owners) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, FINALLY! Snagged the 2013 MY style lower grill! (& a question for 2013 owners) in Cadillac SRX Forums; i do not have that info... i'm not really sure where it would be in the service manual ... the ...
    RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: FINALLY! Snagged the 2013 MY style lower grill! (& a question for 2013 owners)

i do not have that info... i'm not really sure where it would be in the service manual ... the wiring diagram maybe?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Re: FINALLY! Snagged the 2013 MY style lower grill! (& a question for 2013 owners)

sounds plausible. Most LEDs that I've seen, the bulb itself is not 12v, so I'm not sure if the conversion from 12v is done in the vent itself (which would be awesome), or if the voltage is lowered somewhere else in the car and is already lower by the time it gets to the vent.

Who wants to go out to their 2013 with a multimeter!

sent you another email
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

OK, if I'm looking at the wiring diagram right, I DO NOT see a step down in voltage, it appears the vents use the same voltage as the front turn signal lamps.....are the 2013s still using conventional incandescent 12v bulbs? I'm guessing the parking lamp circuit will be setup the same. If the vents really do just get two 12v power inputs, this should be an easy conversion. Even easier if dealers sell the plug.

Ok so if you get this figured out there's two options for you

first is the factory fender repeater lamps
    $282.82 for the set

second is the accessory alternative version chrome lamps
    $371.88 for the set

(prices are before shipping, of course)
    davedogcaddy likes this.

Thanks rippy! You have the best prices I've seen so far, and I think I like the factory ones better. Let me research this a bit more and I'll let you know for sure soon. Do you show a price for the connector ( OEM Connector: 13629704)?

the parts catalog does not break down the lamp assembly to show what bulbs are inside

so that's a bit of a black box to me

also you are correct... getting that plug is not going to be easy

the part number is right there in the first email i sent you but that will be without terminals

you will have to get the terminals also and wire and build that connector pigtail on your own (not fun... even my guys hate to do it)

also, can anyone with a 2013 confirm that the front turn signal lamps are just regular 12v bulbs (like in they are in my 2010)? They haven't switched them to LED or anything right?

ooooooh

getting the connector is going to be tough right now

notice that part number you gave me is listed on that document as the "OEM connector"
    and right under that line is the "Service connector" that says it is "pending"

that service connector is the part number that we could order ... the OEM part number is not available to dealers
    it's only used internally and by the suppliers when building the body harness

the other option that you have is to straight wire it and forget about the connector ... at least until a connector becomes available
    davedogcaddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    the parts catalog does not break down the lamp assembly to show what bulbs are inside

so that's a bit of a black box to me

also you are correct... getting that plug is not going to be easy

the part number is right there in the first email i sent you but that will be without terminals

you will have to get the terminals also and wire and build that connector pigtail on your own (not fun... even my guys hate to do it)
    that's what I figured - just a plug with no wires/terminals....which means I'd need terminals and some special too too. I could probably build my own 'solution' to this.....wouldn't be pretty, but I'm guessing the crimping tool isn't cheap. Do you show prices for the plugs/terminals/tool?

----------

I've got access to from panel headers for computer motherboards, which I've used in the past to make my own plugs out of. If the pins on the vents are the right size it should be easy to make my own plug. Otherwise solder & heat-shrink tubing, and some hot glue will suffice.

Thanks again Rippy, you've been a HUGE help, and as soon as I get some confirmation on the voltage of the circuit chances are you will get a call from me. Let me do a bit more research on the voltages....

the terminals are not sold as GM parts (we don't even get them from GM)

we get them from the special service tool company and our parts department doesn't stock them
    the service department has a stack of trays for them (that's how they're organized - by tray)

some dealers have their parts department stock the terminals and will sell them but we don't

you can often find the terminals online by searching the terminal part number (they're pretty unique)

as for any kind of tool for crimping ... i'm not really sure about that ... i figure that it's kind of a standard tool ... nothing GM specific

yeah, I'm just gonna make my own plug.

Let me check two things, I'm going to pull back the wheel well liner and double check on how it's mounted to make sure that hasn't changed, and try to figure out what the front turn signal bulb voltages are, and then I will probably order these from you.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Yea dave, the '13's use incandescent in the front and rear signals. (Cheap Cadillac )
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Thanks for the confirmation Captain! I had several people check my work on the schematic and the new LED vents are on the same circuit as the rest of the signals. That pretty much seals the deal, the whole circuit is 12v then.

Chris, I need one more wiring diagram and/or pinout. Passenger side (right) headlight - HID model. I need to find out which color runs the parking lamp. This harness will be an EASY point to pick up power since I can pop the hood and see the connector for the headlight assembly.

I pulled the passenger side wheel liner tonight, and it was VERY easy to remove the vent assembly. Just squeeze two clips (orange, top & bottom) and it pops right off. I've included pictures for reference of the back & mounting of the original 2010-2012 style vent:

emailing you now

there's not one single schematic for the headlamp
    it's broken down into circuits
    low beam
    drl
    high beam
    leveling system
    etc

i sent the low beam and the drl schematics
    let me know if what you need isn't there

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.