Tell me about the 2nd gen SRX...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By retcad
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Tell me about the 2nd gen SRX... in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi guys, A good buddy of mine is looking to pick up a 2010/11 SRX (also considering an MDX) and ...
    nycnorb is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Tell me about the 2nd gen SRX...

Hi guys,

A good buddy of mine is looking to pick up a 2010/11 SRX (also considering an MDX) and while I'm usually well-versed with cars, I am not familiar with the Caddy offerings. What should he look out for? Is there an engine/tranny combination that is bulletproof?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: Tell me about the 2nd gen SRX...

Most everyone says the 3.6 in the 2012 is much better than 10-11 engines.

witz5557 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 AWD Performance SRX
    I love my 2012 SRX Performance and find the engine more than adequate. No issues with the car so far. I would stay away from the Chrome Tech wheels based on some complaints I have read about (pitting, peeling). So far I have not had any issues with my wheels but I do keep them clean and try to wash off any winter road salt as soon as possible. The pick-up capabilities with the 2012 vs 2010/2011 is better in my opinion.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by witz5557 View Post
    I love my 2012 SRX Performance and find the engine more than adequate. No issues with the car so far. I would stay away from the Chrome Tech wheels based on some complaints I have read about (pitting, peeling). So far I have not had any issues with my wheels but I do keep them clean and try to wash off any winter road salt as soon as possible. The pick-up capabilities with the 2012 vs 2010/2011 is better in my opinion.
    Hello witz5557,

Thanks for sharing this information. I am also happy to hear you love your 2012 SRX Performance and are satisfied with its engine.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

ezstriper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 STS

I also held out for a 2012 to get the 3.6 and heated steering wheel... love it....

packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

Just one man's opinion of his wife's 2011 3.0 AWD.

It's a great all around all-wheel-drive for snow country with flash styling, lots of bells and whistles. If one doesn't need the AWD, then it's overweight, underpowered, uses too much fuel. On a used car, the options are what they are, but drive one overnight in a variety of daily uses. She still missed the audible parking sensors which weren't on hers. Your opinions and results may vary.

jack vines

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

2010 SRX base 3.0 Front wheel drive.

Here in Mass, blew threw last winters' blizzards with no problem (turn off trac control if buried in snow and backing up). 103 degrees today. No snow. Airco is great!

My friend's Jeep has AWD. He called me as they were towing him out of a ditch last January. AWD is good, but it doesn't mean you're Clark Kent.
    allgm and Terry Judkins like this.

300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Quote Originally Posted by retcad View Post
    2010 SRX base 3.0 Front wheel drive.

Here in Mass, blew threw last winters' blizzards with no problem (turn off trac control if buried in snow and backing up). 103 degrees today. No snow. Airco is great!

My friend's Jeep has AWD. He called me as they were towing him out of a ditch last January. AWD is good, but it doesn't mean you're Clark Kent.
    I found the AWD on my '12 SRX to be fantastic and sure footed in the snow in Central New York State. The SRX feels like it's solidly planted on the road in rain as well. I don't try to drive like it's dry on the road, but the system does it's job well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.