How accurate is your outdoor temp digital readout?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, How accurate is your outdoor temp digital readout? in Cadillac SRX Forums; My wife's 2011 seems to be several degrees (5 to 10) lower than actual. Any ideas as to why? jack...
    packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

How accurate is your outdoor temp digital readout?

My wife's 2011 seems to be several degrees (5 to 10) lower than actual. Any ideas as to why?

jack

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

phunter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

Re: How accurate is your outdoor temp digital readout?

Mine is within a degree or two of what is reported. Unlike my Corvette, it does take a some time to adjust once that car has been started. If you look at it immediately after you start driving it will likely not be correct. Any chance you are not waiting long enough for it to adjust?

Phil

300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by phunter1
    Mine is within a degree or two of what is reported. Unlike my Corvette, it does take a some time to adjust once that car has been started. If you look at it immediately after you start driving it will likely not be correct. Any chance you are not waiting long enough for it to adjust?

Phil
    I've seen the same "delay". Seems accurate to me after settling down.

Turbo Dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8 Turbo AWD |Platinum Ice Tricoat

Very accurate. Within a degree + -

Bones2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

My 2010 is very accurate...unless, I've just gone through a car wash and got the sensor wet (then it will read low for 15+ minutes) or the front of the vehicle has been parked facing into the hot sun on dark pavement (then it will read high). My Corvette seems to take much longer to adjust to the correct temp.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.