Will Next SRX Get Hefty Jump In Price? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Will Next SRX Get Hefty Jump In Price? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Oh, I forgot to mention the SRX being of the "best luxury brand made in America" according to many car ...
    '12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

Re: Will Next SRX Get Hefty Jump In Price?

Oh, I forgot to mention the SRX being of the "best luxury brand made in America" according to many car mags is actually made in Mexico!!! I would like to drive an SRX made by honest to goodness Red, White and Blue Americans!!! Not going to happen in my lifetime, but I can always dream.

BTW, Cadillac sold 149,782 units in 2012 in the US; Lexus sold 198,552 in 2011. The SRX, Cadillac's best seller, made up 57,485 of Cadillac US sales in 2012, or about 38.4%. Being an old fart, I can still remember the old GM and it's stepping stones you were to follow to fame and fortune--Chevy, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick and Cadillac; now a new loaded '14 Impala is about $42,000 before fees, taxes, etc. and looks really sharp with almost the same tech as the XTS. Is the '14 XTS at $63,000 similarly equipped $21,000 better? Oh, greed is good!!!

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Wasn't GM one of those automakers that got bailed out by the U.S. taxpayer? And increasingly higher prices are the thanks we get for all we have done to save their butt. Figures.

Marc NY is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Wasn't GM one of those automakers that got bailed out by the U.S. taxpayer? And increasingly higher prices are the thanks we get for all we have done to save their butt. Figures.
    Steve your continued sarcasm is getting old. You just love to

You continue to avoid talking about the real issues at hand and that is the added costs that it will take to compete and win in the global luxury market. Once again you change the topic of discussion and digress to something else that obviously troubles you ... paying more for better equipped vehicles. You are avoiding the real added costs it will take for Cadillac to go head to head and to continually raise the bar to meet and or exceed the other luxury brands on the market. It takes cutting edge designs, highest quality materials and lots of new technical innovation and yes some of those great improvements will result in added costs to the consumer. GM just can't keep adding and absorbing those costs without being able to raise prices sooner or later.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention the SRX being of the "best luxury brand made in America" according to many car mags is actually made in Mexico!!! I would like to drive an SRX made by honest to goodness Red, White and Blue Americans!!! Not going to happen in my lifetime, but I can always dream...
    Does that mean you won't want to buy any great GM cars that are made in Canada too? I wish that all GM cars were made in North America but yes it will never happen for GM and all the other major auto companies have to make vehicles in every major country to help attract loyal customers there too. I don't like the fact that GM sells more vehicles in China then they do here in the US but that is the hard cold facts and if any auto company wants to survive in a global economy they must build everywhere any anywhere there is a growing market.
    Ponyman likes this.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Marc, You are wasting your fingerprints.
    Ponyman and SteveWise like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY
    Steve your continued sarcasm is getting old. You just love to

You continue to avoid talking about the real issues at hand and that is the added costs that it will take to compete and win in the global luxury market. Once again you change the topic of discussion and digress to something else that obviously troubles you ... paying more for better equipped vehicles. You are avoiding the real added costs it will take for Cadillac to go head to head and to continually raise the bar to meet and or exceed the other luxury brands on the market. It takes cutting edge designs, highest quality materials and lots of new technical innovation and yes some of those great improvements will result in added costs to the consumer. GM just can't keep adding and absorbing those costs without being able to raise prices sooner or later.

----------

Oh, I forgot to mention the SRX being of the "best luxury brand made in America" according to many car mags is actually made in Mexico!!! I would like to drive an SRX made by honest to goodness Red, White and Blue Americans!!! Not going to happen in my lifetime, but I can always dream...
    Does that mean you won't want to buy any great GM cars that are made in Canada too? I wish that all GM cars were made in North America but yes it will never happen for GM and all the other major auto companies have to make vehicles in every major country to help attract loyal customers there too. I don't like the fact that GM sells more vehicles in China then they do here in the US but that is the hard cold facts and if any auto company wants to survive in a global economy they must build everywhere any anywhere there is a growing market.
    Last time I checked Mexico was in North America. I have nothing against GM wanting to build cars as cheaply as possible and charging whatever the market will bear, but Cadillac is an American marque and it would be nice to drive a totally American vehicle again. As I said, greed is good as long as I know where my money is going. I would like all of it to stay in America. I also hate having to pay for all that expensive foreign oil too; most of which comes from Canada, BTW!!!
    TheCaptain likes this.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

The 3rd Gen should be out in late 2014 as a '15 model...
    We just had a MCE (Mid Cycle Enhancement) in 2013. This Gen SRX should stick around till 16/17.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

[QUOTE=Marc NY;3532146]Steve your continued sarcasm is getting old. You just love to

[COLOR="Silver"]

----------

Then I guess they will be selling to the 1% because at the rate they're going they will be the only ones left who can afford it. GM is another one of those "American" corporations that is going to bring the ire of the American public down on it eventually.

Marc NY is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Then I guess they will be selling to the 1% because at the rate they're going they will be the only ones left who can afford it. GM is another one of those "American" corporations that is going to bring the ire of the American public down on it eventually.
    I would have to guess that most of us on here are not even close to being in the 1%ers bracket but we all still own a Cadillac. If your ultimate goal is to save more money then you might want to consider buying a lesser expensive vehicle next time around.

If you think Cadillac sales will suffer you might want to read this article Cadillac sales are up 40% in May. http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/...sales_inc.html

...The SRX remained Cadillac’s best-selling vehicle at 3,744 units, but the ATS made some ground with sales of 3,249 units last month.

Cadillac was the only brand from GM to have any substantial growth ...

Another glowing article... http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gm-...ars-2013-06-03

By Melodie Warner
    General Motors Co.'s (GM, GMM.U.T) U.S. auto sales rose 3.1% in May as Cadillac brand sales soared.

Results exceeded expectations from car-shopping website Edmunds.com.

"Cadillac is growing faster than it has in almost 40 years, the pickup rebound is in full swing and we're seeing strong retail demand for our crossovers," said Kurt McNeil, vice president of GM's U.S. sales operations. "These are all powerful signs that the gradual recovery in the economy is becoming more broad-based."

Broadly, U.S. new auto sales for May are expected to rise 6.5% from a year earlier and jump 11% from the prior month, according to Edmunds. For GM, Edmunds had expected a 1.9% sales increase on the year.

GM, the largest U.S. auto maker, reported it sold 252,894 vehicles in May, up from 245,256 a year earlier and 71% above April's total of 143,743.

Chevrolet sales edged up 0.9% as GMC sales increased 7%. Total Buick sales declined 3.1% and total Cadillac sales jumped 40%.

Month-end dealer inventory in the U.S. stood at 708,939 units, down 1.6% from the prior month.

May had 26 selling days both this year and a year ago.

Earlier this month, GM posted an 11% profit decline for the first-quarter on a weaker performance in North America, continued losses overseas and the impact of currency turbulence in South America.

GM North America President Mark Reuss said Friday the auto maker will tweak or freshen its vehicle portfolio more frequently as it looks to increase its competitiveness in the U.S. market. Traditionally, GM would wait years to update a vehicle even if sales were slipping.

GM shares were up 2% to $34.57 in recent trading.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Might as well give up Marc, some people can't be reasoned with. But, by his own logic the greedy capitalist software "engineers" are the reason that all those jobs are going to India. Why buy and hire a greedy American when you can get two or three overseas for the same price or less.
    Marc NY likes this.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Cars are generally overpriced, with options raising the price significantly. Cadillac seems to be no better or worse when it comes to pricing. You have to look at the details. What options are "included" and what costs extra. You can get a base BMW for alot less than one that's comfortable equipped. Who really wants leatherette seating in their BMW? I feel that, as others have pointed out, GM is simply going to a a higher optioned car. If you want a less equipped, and thus less expensive car, go to another GM brand. I'll be kicking myself for opting on the Luxury trim for as long as I have the SRX. My next vehicle will have much more, but my SRX has been trouble free. I can't see trading it in anytime soon.
    Ponyman likes this.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Well said!

Zachary is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury Crystal Red

I talked to my salesman at my Cadillac dealership a few days ago ( 6-20-13 ) , about just this issue and he told me that the new SRX coming in 2014 asa 2015 will be an updated version that will closely resemble the concept version ( Provoq ) . The headlight bezel will change as well as the fog lights . Look to the CTS front end for a comparison . In 2-3 years he said that the SRX will grow in size and that there will be a smaller CUV based on the new small Buick CUV . And as far as price look for about a 1250.00 increase . JFYI.
    Whistlingdixiee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary
    I talked to my salesman at my Cadillac dealership a few days ago ( 6-20-13 ) , about just this issue and he told me that the new SRX coming in 2014 asa 2015 will be an updated version that will closely resemble the concept version ( Provoq ) . The headlight bezel will change as well as the fog lights . Look to the CTS front end for a comparison . In 2-3 years he said that the SRX will grow in size and that there will be a smaller CUV based on the new small Buick CUV . And as far as price look for about a 1250.00 increase . JFYI.
    Thanks for verifying what I previously stated about the 3rd Gen SRX. The '14 model run will be very short with a lot of '13s available too as Cadillac will flood dealers to clear out the inventory. Adding the Intellibeam sensor to the '14s will take all of a few seconds. Look for some pretty good deals this fall on the '13s. The '15s will probably start production mid-summer next year. It should be a stunner. I agree Cadillac will do a baby SRX in a couple of years, but I don't see it selling well at the price point of an ATS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.