Software issues..... - Page 3
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 45 of 45
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Software issues..... in Cadillac SRX Forums; have you been in contact with Cadillac Customer Care?...
  1. #31
    RippyPartsDept's Avatar
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,947

    Re: Software issues.....

    have you been in contact with Cadillac Customer Care?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

  2. #32
    warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Coal Valley, IL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    58

    Re: Software issues.....

    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    have you been in contact with Cadillac Customer Care?
    Funny you should ask that question. I just spent over an hour on the phone with CCC. Why do I feel like I've been talking to one of those old dolls with the little plastic ring in the back of their neck? Pull the cord and get a preprogrammed response. Anyway, they are supposed to call me back tomorrow. Started looking for a lemon law lawyer today, also.

  3. #33
    RippyPartsDept's Avatar
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,947

    Re: Software issues.....

    Why didn't you take Laura up on her offer to help?
    Much easier to deal with her electronically (via email) than to wait on hold and waste "over an hour" of your time feeling like you're talking to a preprogrammed doll.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

  4. #34
    '12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    Why didn't you take Laura up on her offer to help?
    Much easier to deal with her electronically (via email) than to wait on hold and waste "over an hour" of your time feeling like you're talking to a preprogrammed doll.
    Agreed, but I've had the feeling for awhile there is more to this saga we will never know about akin to who is Red John. Unfortunately, we only have anecdotal information from one party, whom like yours truly, spends entirely too much time on forums palavering with faceless entities, who are known to exaggerate life's little annoyances and/or fabricate tales of woe. I was wondering how long it would be until Citrus x limon would be mentioned. My money is on Cadillac in this polemic and I'll buy the popcorn.
    Ponyman likes this.

  5. #35
    warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Coal Valley, IL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    58

    Re: Software issues.....

    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Why didn't you take Laura up on her offer to help?
    Much easier to deal with her electronically (via email) than to wait on hold and waste "over an hour" of your time feeling like you're talking to a preprogrammed doll.
    And how do you know I didn't? Did you ever think that I got the same response from her that I have gotten from everyone else I have talked to at GM? We are now on day 10 of it being in the service department. I haven't so much as even seen the car since last Monday morning when I left for work and it was still parked in my garage. My wife dropped it off on her way to work and that is the last we have even seen it. The only thing I know for sure is that they have burned a whole tank of gas since it has been dropped off, at least that is what the OnStar app on my phone is telling me. For all I know, they could be using it as a loaner for someone else.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman View Post
    Agreed, but I've had the feeling for awhile there is more to this saga we will never know about akin to who is Red John. Unfortunately, we only have anecdotal information from one party, whom like yours truly, spends entirely too much time on forums palavering with faceless entities, who are known to exaggerate life's little annoyances and/or fabricate tales of woe. I was wondering how long it would be until Citrus x limon would be mentioned. My money is on Cadillac in this polemic and I'll buy the popcorn.
    So your saying that you wouldn't care if you got out of your car with it parked in the garage after having just screwed up royally and you kept checking it every 15 minutes to see if all the electronics have shut down and it had not? I don't know about you, but I began to worry just what the heck was going on to the point was the thing going to catch on fire and burn my house down. I have heard of far stranger things happen with cars than that. Maybe that's why these cars have the problems that they do because of mushrooms like you and all the rest of the people on these forums. If your content in being kept in the dark and being fed S@#t all day then have at it but for what I spent on this car I expect more.
    stevec5375 likes this.

  6. #36
    adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    647

    Re: Software issues.....

    I would call the dealer for an update and an explanation for the miles they are putting on it. I would bet the service department is driving it home. I didn't have a problem with them doing that for my tires issue but I would hope they would ask you if that was ok before they did it.

    It sounds like they admit there is a problem so at least your half-way to the solution.

  7. #37
    warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Coal Valley, IL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    58

    Re: Software issues.....

    Interestingly, I received a call from CCC about 11:00. It seems that they finally got the radio/Cue system to act up after 9 days and even more interestingly, about 2 hours after I talked to CCC yesterday and they are replacing things today. I find this very coincidental that all of this is taking place after mention of lawyers but whatever, as long as they are doing SOMETHING. To me, that is the point, DO SOMETHING....don't just drive my car around for 10 days and keep me in the dark.

  8. #38
    stevec5375's Avatar
    stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX, USA
    Posts
    1,589

    Re: Software issues.....

    The problems you described are all there for the 2010 owner to see. The question is why are they still around for the 2013 owner to see?

  9. #39
    warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Coal Valley, IL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    58

    Re: Software issues.....

    Service department finally called at 4:00. The car is supposedly fixed. They have replaced the Cue module in the car. Time will tell if that is the fix.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    The problems you described are all there for the 2010 owner to see. The question is why are they still around for the 2013 owner to see?
    It seems that they refuse to admit that they have some engineering deficiencies with the whole system that perhaps a mere software update won't fix? From what I have read, their software update that was suppose to "improve the overall Cue experience" has caused more problems than it was worth. If they were really taking these problems seriously, there would have been another update in 4 months to correct the problems with the system. That tells me that there are major design problems with the system that they aren't willing to correct for cost reasons.

  10. #40
    '12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    249
    There is no need to cast aspersions on myself, or other members of the forum. Obviously, you feel for what you paid for your SRX it should be perfect. Well, I have news for you bucko--there is no perfect car produced yet. Unless someone on this forum is one of the four adults in the US with a mental problem, I would surmise they are just as concerned about any problems their SRXs might have as you are. As an IT manager, as you purport, you should realize more than anyone on this forum that electronics are only as good as the hardware and software. Any new system will have bugs considering the millions of lines of code that have to be written. I'm sorry you have been having problems with your SRX, but no one on this forum is responsible for any real or imagined problems you have had, or will have with your current SRX. Please, let's keep this civil and drop the name calling. BTW, I love mushrooms.
    Ponyman likes this.

  11. #41
    warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Coal Valley, IL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    58

    Re: Software issues.....

    Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman View Post
    There is no need to cast aspersions on myself, or other members of the forum. Obviously, you feel for what you paid for your SRX it should be perfect. Well, I have news for you bucko--there is no perfect car produced yet. Unless someone on this forum is one of the four adults in the US with a mental problem, I would surmise they are just as concerned about any problems their SRXs might have as you are. As an IT manager, as you purport, you should realize more than anyone on this forum that electronics are only as good as the hardware and software. Any new system will have bugs considering the millions of lines of code that have to be written. I'm sorry you have been having problems with your SRX, but no one on this forum is responsible for any real or imagined problems you have had, or will have with your current SRX. Please, let's keep this civil and drop the name calling. BTW, I love mushrooms.
    And once again, you have no grasp of what all of this has been about. I realize that cars have problems, my point in all of this is the fact that they had done absolutely nothing to fix those problems up until yesterday afternoon. Any new system will have bugs, that is true. But so far, they have made no attempts in four months to correct any of those bugs with new updates. With a system that has as many problems as the Cue system has, that is unforgivable. As an IT department, if we took that approach to a system as bad as the Cue system is, we wouldn't have jobs very long.
    stevec5375 likes this.

  12. #42
    RippyPartsDept's Avatar
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,947

    Re: Software issues.....

    what are the many problems that the cue system has? can you list them all?

    from what i can tell you have had some problems but they aren't "many"

    95+% of the cue systems in the wild are operating flawlessly with happy owners

    you act as if they all hare having the problems yours has had
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

  13. #43
    '12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    249
    A fairy tale: What's it All About!

    Once upon a time, a nice young guy wants to buy a 2013 Cadillac SRX. He bought the SRX for a lot of money he didn't really have and had to finance it for 6 years. He expected it to be perfect, but the SRX had a problem that he expected his Cadillac dealership to fix at his convenience in a timely fashion. Somewhere along the way, he, or someone else, complained, either about the cost of the SRX, or kept harping that he should not have purchased the SRX in the first place. He got really pissed and decided he hated the SRX and wanted his downpayment back, but that's not going to happen, so he decides to vent on this forum about the CUE system and anything else he could think of. Time passes and his SRX is still not up to his standards and he is afraid his castle is going to burn down when the SRX explodes in his carriage house. Several GM Customer Reps want to help him resolve his problems, but he is afraid his dealership will black ball him and put his name on some list that goes to all GM dealerships. Along the way members of this forum really piss him off with helpful or inane comments/suggestions. Meanwhile, his SRX continues to aggravate him. He wants to sue as the SRX is a lemon. Lo and behold, someone from GM hears the word lemon and his SRX is fixed, but he keeps thinking something else is going to break and he is afraid to drive the SRX ever again. Time passes. The next time he does drive the SRX it is totaled in a wreck (no one hurt) and his insurance company gives him/Ally a check for more than what he paid and financed for the SRX. He goes out and buys the Prius his significant other wanted in the first place and he lives happily ever after. The end.

    Disclaimer: The preceding is total fiction from a warped mind. Any reference to any person, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
    Ponyman likes this.

  14. #44
    Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ardmore, Oklahoma
    Age
    60
    Posts
    706

    Re: Software issues.....

    As Adamsjeep explained, a tiny fraction of the SRX buyers post here. Those that are satisfied mostly feel no reason to complain, so the few with problems override this forum . That is the way it is in all car forums. Our 10 was an excellent car, and our 13 is even better. I am one of those who have to have everything right, and would not hesitate to be one of the complainers if things were not so. I realize there are some with real problems. I had a new 08 CTS the motor went our on at 1300 miles, but Cadillac eventually stepped up and replaced the motor and the car was fine for the rest of the time we owned it. We are fast approaching retirement and the new cars will necessarily have to slow down, but depending on the looks I would not hesitate to buy another SRX based on our experiences with the two we have owned.

  15. #45
    warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Coal Valley, IL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    58

    Re: Software issues.....

    Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman View Post
    A fairy tale: What's it All About!

    Once upon a time, a nice young guy wants to buy a 2013 Cadillac SRX. He bought the SRX for a lot of money he didn't really have and had to finance it for 6 years. He expected it to be perfect, but the SRX had a problem that he expected his Cadillac dealership to fix at his convenience in a timely fashion. Somewhere along the way, he, or someone else, complained, either about the cost of the SRX, or kept harping that he should not have purchased the SRX in the first place. He got really pissed and decided he hated the SRX and wanted his downpayment back, but that's not going to happen, so he decides to vent on this forum about the CUE system and anything else he could think of. Time passes and his SRX is still not up to his standards and he is afraid his castle is going to burn down when the SRX explodes in his carriage house. Several GM Customer Reps want to help him resolve his problems, but he is afraid his dealership will black ball him and put his name on some list that goes to all GM dealerships. Along the way members of this forum really piss him off with helpful or inane comments/suggestions. Meanwhile, his SRX continues to aggravate him. He wants to sue as the SRX is a lemon. Lo and behold, someone from GM hears the word lemon and his SRX is fixed, but he keeps thinking something else is going to break and he is afraid to drive the SRX ever again. Time passes. The next time he does drive the SRX it is totaled in a wreck (no one hurt) and his insurance company gives him/Ally a check for more than what he paid and financed for the SRX. He goes out and buys the Prius his significant other wanted in the first place and he lives happily ever after. The end.

    Disclaimer: The preceding is total fiction from a warped mind. Any reference to any person, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
    Go tell your fairy tail to someone else. You don't know me and you don't know my financial situation. So I'm wrong to expect a manufacturer to live up to the warranty for their product? And by the way, they replaced the Cue module and more than a week later it is working perfectly. Now on to another story. Earlier in this thread, I mentioned the fact that I had not received a customer satisfaction survey since I started having these problems back in April. Not one time in countless visits to the service department. Low and behold, 10 days after they finally appear to have the problems fixed, I receive a customer satisfaction survey. Coincidence? I think not....but you mushrooms believe what you want to believe.
    I'm done with this.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting