Stock DRL Bulbs to LED on '13 Premium AWD?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Stock DRL Bulbs to LED on '13 Premium AWD? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I am wanting to change my stock DRL 7443's to LEDs on my '13 Premium AWD. It seems prices online ...
    '12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

Stock DRL Bulbs to LED on '13 Premium AWD?

I am wanting to change my stock DRL 7443's to LEDs on my '13 Premium AWD. It seems prices online are all over the place from a couple of bucks to $25 a piece. http://www.vleds.com/ seems to be a popular place to buy LED's from what I've read on other car forums. There seems to be a dozen or more companies out there who are supposedly making LED's for cars. If there is a thread on the forum about LED DRL's I certainly can't find it. I've searched and searched the forum and all I can find is a sticky with some interior pics and a list of bulbs that might work, but no mention of changing out the DRL's. I would like to hear from someone who has actually done the mod and where they bought the LED's and what they paid. I know you get what you pay for, but this seems to be a hit and miss thing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic
    In my SRX mods sticky, I do have a point where I did change out the drl bulbs with led. Unfortunately, the SRX sends different voltages to the bulbs and they burnt out inside of three months. And they are a pain to change. I just went with Nokya 7000K incandescent for awesome colour and life.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Re: Stock DRL Bulbs to LED on '13 Premium AWD?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    In my SRX mods sticky, I do have a point where I did change out the drl bulbs with led. Unfortunately, the SRX sends different voltages to the bulbs and they burnt out inside of three months. And they are a pain to change. I just went with Nokya 7000K incandescent for awesome colour and life.
    Thanks for the info. Does your Cadillac have the separate DRLs, or do you have the low beam DRLs since you live in Canada? BTW, where did you buy the Nokyas?

I went ahead and ordered a pair of 7443 6K 21 LED Premiums from V-Leds after they assured me via email they will work fine without any resistors.

Mine is a premium, so the DRL's are separate from the High/Low.

I ordered the Nokya's on ebay after my 6K 7440 LEDs from VLEDs died.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Mine is a premium, so the DRL's are separate from the High/Low.

I ordered the Nokya's on ebay after my 6K 7440 LEDs from VLEDs died.
    I got the bulbs yesterday; now I have to figure out how to put them in. Can you provide any info on the procedure of getting the electrical box off on the driver's side?

rureno is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Performance Flannel Gray

Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman View Post
    I went ahead and ordered a pair of 7443 6K 21 LED Premiums from V-Leds after they assured me via email they will work fine without any resistors.
    Let me know how it goes. Post pictures when it's done...I have been thinking of doing the same thing. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rureno
    Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman View Post
    Let me know how it goes. Post pictures when it's done...I have been thinking of doing the same thing. Thanks
    I will if I can get some info about how to remove the underwood electrical box. It would seem I need to disconnect the negative battery cable, but I have no idea where the terminals are, and what else needs to be done after that. It seems no one on this forum wants to provide the info. Strange.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman
    I will if I can get some info about how to remove the underhood electrical box. I think I need to disconnect the negative battery cable, but I have no idea where the terminals are, and what else needs to be done after that. It seems no one on this forum wants to provide the info. Strange.[/QUOTE]

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Here is the directions from alldata for my 2012 Performance (HID lights like yours):

182825806 (1).gif

I could move the box on my '10. I couldn't on my '13. I had to remove most of the bumper and loosen the headlight.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.