2010 SRX Left Front Noise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX Left Front Noise in Cadillac SRX Forums; My first post... I have a 2010 SRX Luxury with 31K miles. I have not had one service visit for ...
    wrgilman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

2010 SRX Left Front Noise

My first post...

I have a 2010 SRX Luxury with 31K miles. I have not had one service visit for anything other than routine maintenance. The factory tires (Michelin Latitudes) were just replaced with Yokohama Envigor tires. I've had the new tires for one and a half months.

About three days ago, I started hearing a noise in the left front that I can only describe as sounding like a prop on one of those short haul airplanes (not as loud of course). The frequency of the noise is solely related to speed, it doesn't change with engine revs or transmission gear. Whatever it is must be coming from the tire, hub, brake, etc. things where a noise would be speed related. The noise seems loudest at slower speeds especially when slowing down, but doesn't seem to change whether I'm on or off the brake. The noise is somewhat louder when making a right hand turn.

So it's a tire, right? That's what I thought, but the noise started virtually overnight, and the tires were exceptionally quiet since installing them. I figure I must have run over something and it's stuck in the tire, but I can't see anything. Pressures are fine, the vehicle stills track perfectly straight. I'll take it back to the store where I bought the tires and see what they say before I take it in to my Caddy dealer.

Has anyone heard a noise similar to this that turned out to be a wheel bearing, or something mechanical?

Cheers,
    Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TRARON is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium - Gold Mist

Re: 2010 SRX Left Front Noise

Had a similar situation recently dealer found a bad front wheel bearing. Replaced it and it solved the problem. Easy fix and under warranty.

Thanks! I noticed today that the noise does not change when moving from old pavement to new pavement, or onto concrete. That doesn't sound like a tire to me, as I would expect it to change pitch on different surfaces. Off to the Caddy dealer for me...I hope I don't get seduced into buying something new!

Cheers,
    Bill

CadyTech4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Definatly a hub bearing.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by wrgilman View Post
    My first post...

I have a 2010 SRX Luxury with 31K miles. I have not had one service visit for anything other than routine maintenance. The factory tires (Michelin Latitudes) were just replaced with Yokohama Envigor tires. I've had the new tires for one and a half months.

About three days ago, I started hearing a noise in the left front that I can only describe as sounding like a prop on one of those short haul airplanes (not as loud of course). The frequency of the noise is solely related to speed, it doesn't change with engine revs or transmission gear. Whatever it is must be coming from the tire, hub, brake, etc. things where a noise would be speed related. The noise seems loudest at slower speeds especially when slowing down, but doesn't seem to change whether I'm on or off the brake. The noise is somewhat louder when making a right hand turn.

So it's a tire, right? That's what I thought, but the noise started virtually overnight, and the tires were exceptionally quiet since installing them. I figure I must have run over something and it's stuck in the tire, but I can't see anything. Pressures are fine, the vehicle stills track perfectly straight. I'll take it back to the store where I bought the tires and see what they say before I take it in to my Caddy dealer.

Has anyone heard a noise similar to this that turned out to be a wheel bearing, or something mechanical?

Cheers,
    Bill
    Hello Bill,

Welcome to the forum! This is a great way to interact with other Cadillac owners and lovers. I apologize for the noise issue your vehicle is experiencing. I see you've gotten advice from other forum members already, and you decided to take your vehicle into the dealership. Please let me know if any additional questions or concerns arise. We are here to help! We can be reached via private message or at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Bejay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Luxury

I just had the same exact sound and circumstances you described and it was the wheel bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Bill,

Welcome to the forum! This is a great way to interact with other Cadillac owners and lovers. I apologize for the noise issue your vehicle is experiencing. I see you've gotten advice from other forum members already, and you decided to take your vehicle into the dealership. Please let me know if any additional questions or concerns arise. We are here to help! We can be reached via private message or at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Thanks, Laura. As was suspected it was a wheel bearing and hub that needed to be replaced. All under warranty, and the work was finished in a half day. No more noise, back to Cadillac quiet!

Cheers,
    Bill

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by wrgilman View Post
    Thanks, Laura. As was suspected it was a wheel bearing and hub that needed to be replaced. All under warranty, and the work was finished in a half day. No more noise, back to Cadillac quiet!

Cheers,
    Bill
    That is great news to hear Bill! Thanks for updating me of the situation.

Laura M.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.