Different NAV startup
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Different NAV startup in Cadillac SRX Forums; 2011 Premium package. I have owned this SRX since it was new and up until about 2 weeks ago, I ...
    Baldtop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX, 2013 XTS

Different NAV startup

2011 Premium package. I have owned this SRX since it was new and up until about 2 weeks ago, I saw the Caution Startup Warning Screen about once a month. Now, it is appearing every time that I start the car. Also, the HDD system is forgetting the Shuffle application and it needs to be reset every time the car is started. Everything else is working properly. Dealer service advisor claims it is working correctly at present and that in the past it was wrong. Can someone advise as to the way that their unit is functioning?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Re: Different NAV startup

Service advisor is WRONG. This is classic radio failure, very common on these cars. They can try the software update, but will probably have to replace the radio. Many threads on it. I had it done on my 2010.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by davedogcaddy View Post
    Service advisor is WRONG. This is classic radio failure, very common on these cars. They can try the software update, but will probably have to replace the radio. Many threads on it. I had it done on my 2010.
    Yes it was an issue and problem with some of the Nav/ Radio systems. My daughter's 2010 Equinox had received two updates and when is started acting up again I finally asked them to change out the Nav/ radio system. Since then everything is working out fine.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Baldtop View Post
    2011 Premium package. I have owned this SRX since it was new and up until about 2 weeks ago, I saw the Caution Startup Warning Screen about once a month. Now, it is appearing every time that I start the car. Also, the HDD system is forgetting the Shuffle application and it needs to be reset every time the car is started. Everything else is working properly. Dealer service advisor claims it is working correctly at present and that in the past it was wrong. Can someone advise as to the way that their unit is functioning?
    Hello Baldtop,

I see you have gotten some good feedback from other forum members. If you are thinking about having a software update, or changing out the navigation/radio system, let me know. I would like to stay involved throughout this process and make sure your issues are handled. You can private message me if you would like to discuss anything further or have additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Andy_TN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Just to pile on here. 2010 with MANY trips to the dealer for NAV issues. As others have said, this is the sign of a "sick" Nav, and unfortunately, the only fix is likely a replacement. Still blows my mind that you have to replace hardware for what seems like a software issue. But it's true. Good luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.