2010 srx backup camera
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Cadillac Cust Svc
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 srx backup camera in Cadillac SRX Forums; My newly purchased 2010 SRX backup camera is not very clear. Is it normal for the sharpness of the picture ...
    Pettiej is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Preformance

2010 srx backup camera

My newly purchased 2010 SRX backup camera is not very clear. Is it normal for the sharpness of the picture to diminish after 3 years?
    Appreciate any info. Thanks,
    pettiej

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: 2010 srx backup camera

Is your camera lens clean?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Pettiej View Post
    My newly purchased 2010 SRX backup camera is not very clear. Is it normal for the sharpness of the picture to diminish after 3 years?
    Appreciate any info. Thanks,
    pettiej
    Hello Pettiej,

Congrats on your new purchase of the SRX! I apologize your camera picture sharpness is not clear. If you plan on discussing this issue with a mechanic, or want to take your vehicle in for a diagnosis at a dealership, please keep me informed so I can stay involved throughout this process.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

I got caught in a down pour today,you could see the rain going heavily down the back up camera screen, it was kinda cool,I would say mine is good and clear. it is hard to get use to I still want to look over my shoulder and the side mirror.

Pettiej is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Preformance

yes I did that. I'm told by salesman the camera gets dull after awhile, but I'm having trouble believing that in a 3 year old car. I think GM is a little more responsible then that.
    Thanks I appreciate your reply

----------

Yes I have a 2013 loaner and the camera is very clear.

Marc NY is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

yes I did that. I'm told by salesman the camera gets dull after awhile, but I'm having trouble believing that in a 3 year old car. I think GM is a little more responsible then that.

----------

I would not put much stock in what that salesman is saying. You might need a lens adjustment or a good cleaning. I would be more apt to say that GM's vendor who made the rear 2010-12 SRX cameras wasn't quite as good as other camera systems that GM uses. My Enclave rear camera was much sharper than my 2010 & 2012 SRXs were. However the 2013 SRX rear camera seems to be a lot better. Just a point of interest here ... IMO my new 2013 rear camera and Navigation sytems are a huge improvemnt over the previous SRX versions.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

----------

Hello Pettiej,

Thanks for responding back to me. I am sorry the salesman informed you of that. Marc NY does offer good advice on your situation, and I do understand how this can be frustrating. Let me know if there is anything you would like to discuss further, or if you have additional questions or concerns. You can private message me and we can continue to interact from there.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Pettiej and Pettiej like this.

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

I wonder if the camera used on the 2013 is a direct replacement for the 2010/11/12...

packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

More likely it is the lens than the camera. The lens is back there exposed to salt spray, road grime, car wash solutions, so yes, they do get cloudy and scratched after three years.

Slightly OT, but plastic headlamp lenses go TU after a few years exposure to the elements. I see mainly Fords and Mopars with the lens so opaque it's difficult to understand how the driver sees anything at night.

jack vines

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.