Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Installing/removing OEM cross rails / bars?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dave011182 
#1 ·
OK, I feel quite foolish. We bought our 2012 SRX a long while ago. It's time to take a trip, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to install the cross rails that I had the dealer take off (and I wouldn't know how to take them on after I get them off). Our first-generation SRX had locks. This one looks like it has some sort of latching mechanism, but I can't figure out how to "de-latch" it.

Does anyone have the OEM cross rails that can share this info? Hate to have to go to the dealer just for this.

- Mike.

#2 ·
Did you ever find out how to remove and install the cross bars by yourself? We recently purchased a 2011 luxury model that has them installed, but we wont use them often if at all. The minivan we replaced had them and I can only recall once in the 7 years we've owned it. I haven't been able to find this info myself yet, but soon will just test my skills as an automotive tech. The wind noise isn't terrible but noticeable, and they really obstruct the view through the sunroof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.