Key Fob Programming Problems - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Key Fob Programming Problems in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by hinschar Hi Laura, What I would like to know if what the dealer told me is true, ...
    levedr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Re: Key Fob Programming Problems

Quote Originally Posted by hinschar View Post
    Hi Laura,

What I would like to know if what the dealer told me is true, that the programming instructions printed in the SRX users manual are a mistake and do not work?

Respectfully,

Hinschar
    I, too, would like to know if the instructions are in error. I took delivery on a new 2013 SRX on Oct 31. When they delivered the car they told me that one FOB was missing but a new one had been ordered and being delivered to me overnight Fed Ex. A week and three days later, one-half dozen phone calls and a trip to the dealer I still did not have the FOB. It finally arrived today UPS 2'day shipped one week and one day after promised (it had been sent to the dealer and they held it a week).
    I followed the owner's manual instructions to a "T". No DIC message displayed, car locks up, pushing "Start" button gets no results, can't release electronic park. After about 15 minutes it all resets...so...
    are the instructions incorrect?

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

You nave a brand new SRX. Your Salesman and dealer should take care of reprograming FOB. Free No charge . I would be mad as H.
    Cadillac Customer Service can you help?????

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by levedr View Post
    I, too, would like to know if the instructions are in error. I took delivery on a new 2013 SRX on Oct 31. When they delivered the car they told me that one FOB was missing but a new one had been ordered and being delivered to me overnight Fed Ex. A week and three days later, one-half dozen phone calls and a trip to the dealer I still did not have the FOB. It finally arrived today UPS 2'day shipped one week and one day after promised (it had been sent to the dealer and they held it a week).
    I followed the owner's manual instructions to a "T". No DIC message displayed, car locks up, pushing "Start" button gets no results, can't release electronic park. After about 15 minutes it all resets...so...
    are the instructions incorrect?
    Hello levedr,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners! I apologize for the trouble you experienced while trying to get your new FOB and now for the inconvenience of programming. I would like to look into this for you. Please send us a private message if you can, or email to socialmedia@gm.com. Normally when you are a new member, you are limited to how many private messages you can send and receive. Have you been in contact with your dealer about this concern yet? In the message include your full contact information, VIN and dealer name and location. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.