Loving my 2013 !!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Kuya
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Loving my 2013 !!!! in Cadillac SRX Forums; So, now I have had her home for a little over a month. It was very hard to trade in ...
    Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

Loving my 2013 !!!!

So, now I have had her home for a little over a month. It was very hard to trade in my Premium AWD for a Lux FWD. I felt maybe I made the wrong decision. Then going from Platinum Ice to Black Raven was a bit of a let down (just for a few days) because I realized how difficult Raven is to keep looking spotless. Plat Ice always looked clean, even on it's ugliest days.

Now - I know I made the right choice. I do love CUE. There are just cool things that happen while driving that. . sure, I could live without - but why would I?? About a week ago, I was driving home in rush traffic and this voice came over the speakers "Caution. There is an accident ahead. Expect delays". Way cool. I was able to jump off the next ramp and circumvent the hour long traffic jam. Then, yesterday I noticed that there are weather alerts which is another cool thing.

It's so quiet, you literally don't hear a sound from the outside. The ride is so smooth compared to the 2010 (the 2010 is quiet and smooth but this is a whole new level). I love it.

Even black has grown on me (Our local Carwash offers a monthly unlimited wash. This was my only hope to be able to sleep at night. Problem solved).

Another cool thing (non SRX related) was that about 4 days after we got our SRX home . . UPS knocked on our door with a delivery. It was a very nice hard cover book from Cadillac. Very elegant looking. Then the next day, UPS knocked on our door again. Our Dealership (City Cadillac) sent a gift basket of Lindt and Godiva chocolates, cheese, crackers, teas .. and some other things.

VERY NICE Touch. Very classy thing to do. Is this a Cadillac thing (the gift basket) or is it a dealership thing? I would like to share my thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Loving my 2013 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    So, now I have had her home for a little over a month. It was very hard to trade in my Premium AWD for a Lux FWD. I felt maybe I made the wrong decision. Then going from Platinum Ice to Black Raven was a bit of a let down (just for a few days) because I realized how difficult Raven is to keep looking spotless. Plat Ice always looked clean, even on it's ugliest days.

Now - I know I made the right choice. I do love CUE. There are just cool things that happen while driving that. . sure, I could live without - but why would I?? About a week ago, I was driving home in rush traffic and this voice came over the speakers "Caution. There is an accident ahead. Expect delays". Way cool. I was able to jump off the next ramp and circumvent the hour long traffic jam. Then, yesterday I noticed that there are weather alerts which is another cool thing.

It's so quiet, you literally don't hear a sound from the outside. The ride is so smooth compared to the 2010 (the 2010 is quiet and smooth but this is a whole new level). I love it.

Even black has grown on me (Our local Carwash offers a monthly unlimited wash. This was my only hope to be able to sleep at night. Problem solved).

Another cool thing (non SRX related) was that about 4 days after we got our SRX home . . UPS knocked on our door with a delivery. It was a very nice hard cover book from Cadillac. Very elegant looking. Then the next day, UPS knocked on our door again. Our Dealership (City Cadillac) sent a gift basket of Lindt and Godiva chocolates, cheese, crackers, teas .. and some other things.

VERY NICE Touch. Very classy thing to do. Is this a Cadillac thing (the gift basket) or is it a dealership thing? I would like to share my thanks.
    Hello Kuya,

I am very happy to hear about your positive dealership experience. The gift basket is such a kind gesture for the dealer to send you. I think you made the right choice with your Cadillac vehicle also I hope you continue to enjoy your SRX and the CUE system!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

The basket is a dealer thing. I got a couple hats with each SRX that I purchased.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Wow... it is great to hear you were treated so well and that are so very happy!

Kuya, ... I don't know where you are located but I bet the name of your Car Wash is called Delta Sonic correct? BTW: I too have the "Unlimited" sticker for my SRX and it is awesome to be able to go in when ever you want even if it is raining outside or snowing... to get off the road dirt and or salt at anytime of the day or week. If it is probably one of the country's best automatic car washes. The first location started way back in the late 60's or early 70's in Niagara Falls, NY.

http://www.deltasoniccarwash.com/unlimited.html

http://www.deltasoniccarwash.com/locations.html

Jake2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX - Premium - Black Raven / Titanium - Chrome Tech

Kuya - Great to hear! I have the Black Raven as well... gosh, i know what you're going though, especially with the pollen this time of year!!
    Got a 2010 Premium with 27k on her and I still love it! Maybe I got lucky or they worked a few bugs out mid-way through the production year but I've had very little trouble with mine.

I too want a 2013, would love the 3.6 and all the improvements you mentioned but I'm still on the fence since I have no issues. When the time comes, I do know one thing, whoever gets my 10 will be getting a garage kept, pampered cream-puff!!

Enjoy the new ride!

Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

@ TheCaptain - I like food. Glad I didn't get a hat lol. . . Unless the hat was filled with food

@ Marc NY - We do not have Delta Sonic - but I sure wish we did. We have Hoffman's . . . I think it's a local upstate NY thing. It's one of those . . get out of your car and it goes through a 10 mile car wash and they towel dry it at the end. It's about the best we have in the area. I would LOVE to do it by hand myself, but living in a Condo . . there's no place to do that expect when I am visiting my parents.

@ Jake2010 - My 2010 Premium had 42k miles - which is the main reason I unloaded it. Was going to come out of warranty at 50k. I too had no problems with the 2010 and loved every minute of it. I will say, that now that I have CUE . . the old pop up NAV (which I once thought was the coolest thing ever) now seems outdated. When you are finally ready to upgrade - you will LOVE the 3.6. The increased power getting off the ramps and merging into highway traffic is amazing. I am also getting better milage then my 2010 actually . . but that's because I had my 2010 Transmission tweaked to get more power/Torque and my old one was AWD and new one is FWD so that helps the better mileage.

And she is quiet as a church mouse . . .
    Marc NY and Marc NY like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.