2013 SRX4 Premium not making the grade
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 SRX4 Premium not making the grade in Cadillac SRX Forums; As of this post there is 3000 miles on $56000 srx awd to start the transmission shift points are very ...
  1. #1
    pearlydoug is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2

    2013 SRX4 Premium not making the grade

    As of this post there is 3000 miles on $56000 srx awd to start the transmission shift points are very poor and rough. Also the heated seats take a extremely long time to warm up and even longer to cycle and come to a comfortable level not to mention @ autostart nothing climate wise hot or cold conditions attempt to give you a head start on warming defrosting or cooling srx. Now the most important item what is with the brake drift while the transmission is downshifting during stopping it actually excellerates the vehicle where you have to apply the brakes more. Very Dangerous. For the premium level I am missing the premium part. Is anyone experiencing these same issues. This week it will be visiting dealer for update and to see if above issues can be addressed. I want to love this srx but currently I'm confused as to what I'm supposed to feel am I expecting to much? Oh any chance android will ever be welcomed by cue as the iphone?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    162

    Re: 2013 SRX4 Premium not making the grade

    4000 miles on my wife 2013 SRX4 with all current updates installed including a transmission software upgrade. Shift point as you said still very poor and shifts are very lazy. Brakes are average at best. My wife still loves it but i am done with Cadillac. This brand does not have the quality or the technology to compete with some other brands. CUE, magnetic shocks and styling interior/exterior were the reasons we got it but this is all. The rest is average at best. At least the dealership service is outstanding when i have to bring any of my vehicle for repairs and small fixes.
    stevec5375 and stevec5375 like this.

  4. #3
    themacguy's Avatar
    themacguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Base
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    33
    A Trifecta Tune will fix the shifting issues.

  5. #4
    adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    673

    Re: 2013 SRX4 Premium not making the grade

    Quote Originally Posted by themacguy View Post
    A Trifecta Tune will fix the shifting issues.
    It will also void the warranty on the engine and transmission if the dealer finds out.

  6. #5
    themacguy's Avatar
    themacguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Base
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    33
    "If".

    Flash back to stock, before you take it in.

  7. #6
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,173

    Re: 2013 SRX4 Premium not making the grade

    Quote Originally Posted by pearlydoug View Post
    As of this post there is 3000 miles on $56000 srx awd to start the transmission shift points are very poor and rough. Also the heated seats take a extremely long time to warm up and even longer to cycle and come to a comfortable level not to mention @ autostart nothing climate wise hot or cold conditions attempt to give you a head start on warming defrosting or cooling srx. Now the most important item what is with the brake drift while the transmission is downshifting during stopping it actually excellerates the vehicle where you have to apply the brakes more. Very Dangerous. For the premium level I am missing the premium part. Is anyone experiencing these same issues. This week it will be visiting dealer for update and to see if above issues can be addressed. I want to love this srx but currently I'm confused as to what I'm supposed to feel am I expecting to much? Oh any chance android will ever be welcomed by cue as the iphone?
    Hello pearlydoug,

    I am sorry your SRX has not been working as it should. I understand how these issues must be frustrating with such a new vehicle. Please keep us posted after your dealership visit. You are supposed to love your Cadillac and I am sorry right now you are not feeling that way.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

  8. #7
    algiorda's Avatar
    algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    512

    Re: 2013 SRX4 Premium not making the grade

    Quote Originally Posted by pearlydoug View Post
    As of this post there is 3000 miles on $56000 srx awd to start the transmission shift points are very poor and rough. Also the heated seats take a extremely long time to warm up and even longer to cycle and come to a comfortable level not to mention @ autostart nothing climate wise hot or cold conditions attempt to give you a head start on warming defrosting or cooling srx. Now the most important item what is with the brake drift while the transmission is downshifting during stopping it actually excellerates the vehicle where you have to apply the brakes more. Very Dangerous. For the premium level I am missing the premium part. Is anyone experiencing these same issues. This week it will be visiting dealer for update and to see if above issues can be addressed. I want to love this srx but currently I'm confused as to what I'm supposed to feel am I expecting to much? Oh any chance android will ever be welcomed by cue as the iphone?
    I don't have a 2013, but I have a 3 year old 2010. During breakin period, the transmission will adapt to your driving style at least it did with the 2010. If you don't like the economy shift points of the trans, use Sport Mode. I would venture to guess not having the climate control come on during autostart is a safety issue to both the occupants and to the mechanicals. For Brake drift, see my first point or use sport mode.

    Honestly, your driving a 56k car and your turned off by these minute items? EVERY car is a compromise. My 2004 was a compromise, the 2010 was a compromise and my next SRX will probably be a compromise. My 2010 nitpicks were no blind spot warning, no turn signals in the side view mirrors, certain options like ventilated seats not available in luxury model, no spare tire, etc...etc..etc...

    You will probably have just as many nitpicks with a MB, Audi, Lex, Infiti, Acura, BMW, etc.

    Enjoy the Ride.

  9. #8
    miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    162

    Re: 2013 SRX4 Premium not making the grade

    Quote Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
    I don't have a 2013, but I have a 3 year old 2010. During breakin period, the transmission will adapt to your driving style at least it did with the 2010. If you don't like the economy shift points of the trans, use Sport Mode. I would venture to guess not having the climate control come on during autostart is a safety issue to both the occupants and to the mechanicals. For Brake drift, see my first point or use sport mode.

    Honestly, your driving a 56k car and your turned off by these minute items? EVERY car is a compromise. My 2004 was a compromise, the 2010 was a compromise and my next SRX will probably be a compromise. My 2010 nitpicks were no blind spot warning, no turn signals in the side view mirrors, certain options like ventilated seats not available in luxury model, no spare tire, etc...etc..etc...

    You will probably have just as many nitpicks with a MB, Audi, Lex, Infiti, Acura, BMW, etc.

    Enjoy the Ride.

    I am not sure were are nitpicking here if we are talking about braking systems, and transmission tuning. These are in the top 3 most important items in a car or at least my top 3 are braking ( can save lives) engine and transmission. First thing my wife says when she drives my V is : "WOW your brakes really stop ". I did not want to touch the SRX and get it tune but if a transmission in normal mode holds are gear for 3-4 seconds after i have let go a bit the gas pedal i might have to do it. It annoy's me more then my wife but i do drive the SRX 20% of the time. I would summarize it by saying we expected more from a 56K vehicle being 4 years into production.

  10. #9
    Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    272

    Re: 2013 SRX4 Premium not making the grade

    Miami,
    I have noticed the issue you mention about holding the gear for too long. I guess I dont get into that driving mode often enough for it to bother me that much. I did mention to the service manager last time and he said there was no new software, but that he has had several comments. He told me to keep checking, which to me means I will 'complain' every service visit and hopefully some day it gets into the 'to do' bin at engineering.
    Thats really the only issue I have tho.

  11. #10
    phunter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Temecula, Ca
    Posts
    137

    Re: 2013 SRX4 Premium not making the grade

    Have you tried driving the vehicle with Eco mode off? Initially, my 2012 shifted poorly in Eco mode, but much better with it turned off. Eventually, the transmission learned my driving habits and shifts fine now. I also noticed that the brake pedal takes more effort than any of my other cars, but I actually prefer that to a too soft pedal. I don't have any of the other issues you mentioned, and am generally happy with my vehicle.


    Phil

  12. #11
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,173

    Re: 2013 SRX4 Premium not making the grade

    Quote Originally Posted by miamictsv View Post
    4000 miles on my wife 2013 SRX4 with all current updates installed including a transmission software upgrade. Shift point as you said still very poor and shifts are very lazy. Brakes are average at best. My wife still loves it but i am done with Cadillac. This brand does not have the quality or the technology to compete with some other brands. CUE, magnetic shocks and styling interior/exterior were the reasons we got it but this is all. The rest is average at best. At least the dealership service is outstanding when i have to bring any of my vehicle for repairs and small fixes.
    We're glad to hear that your dealership service has been outstanding, miamictsv, although it's unfortunate that you are otherwise not fully satisfied with your Cadillac experience. If there is anything you want for us to check into or document on your behalf, please don't hesitate to contact us here on the forum.

    All the best,
    Sarah
    Cadillac Customer Care

  13. #12
    miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    162

    Re: 2013 SRX4 Premium not making the grade

    Quote Originally Posted by phunter1 View Post
    Have you tried driving the vehicle with Eco mode off? Initially, my 2012 shifted poorly in Eco mode, but much better with it turned off. Eventually, the transmission learned my driving habits and shifts fine now. I also noticed that the brake pedal takes more effort than any of my other cars, but I actually prefer that to a too soft pedal. I don't have any of the other issues you mentioned, and am generally happy with my vehicle.


    Phil
    That's my wife only complain. Brake pedal needs to be pushed too hard. All other complains are from me driving the vehicle and noticing things like this. She does not care about those things I am sure the transmission can be tuned not to push the vehicle forward when brakes are applied. That's why i think we need to press the brake pedal harder. May be this is an issues on the AWD vehicles only ?

  14. #13
    Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    272

    Re: 2013 SRX4 Premium not making the grade

    Miami,
    Thanks for the hint, yeah, I dont use eco mode around town. I'm not sure why its the way it is, but I'm sure the engineers initially thought it should be that way. In some ways, I understand holding the gear for a moment, even though the driver has lifted, in case the driver gets back in the gas hard. Mine only has this under moderate to heavy acceleration. I'd rather have it hold the gear if I momentarily breathed the throttle or repositioning my foot, than get back in the gas just as it was between gears.
    Is this push forward you experience possibly loss of engine braking? I know on my trailblazer, if I lifted at highway speeds (ie, 60+) and coasted a ways, like taking an exit from the interstate, right about 45, the transmission would unlock and it would seem like I was accelerating. In reality, my deceleration was just changing. I was still getting engine braking from the transmission, but not as heavy because it had 'unlocked'...
    I dont pretend to know much about transmissions but that kind of explains what little I have learned about the 4L60E that I had in my trailblazer... I havent noticed a much of a difference with the unlocking on my SRX as the 4L60E had...

  15. #14
    miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    162

    Re: 2013 SRX4 Premium not making the grade

    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Driver View Post
    Miami,
    Thanks for the hint, yeah, I dont use eco mode around town. I'm not sure why its the way it is, but I'm sure the engineers initially thought it should be that way. In some ways, I understand holding the gear for a moment, even though the driver has lifted, in case the driver gets back in the gas hard. Mine only has this under moderate to heavy acceleration. I'd rather have it hold the gear if I momentarily breathed the throttle or repositioning my foot, than get back in the gas just as it was between gears.
    Is this push forward you experience possibly loss of engine braking? I know on my trailblazer, if I lifted at highway speeds (ie, 60+) and coasted a ways, like taking an exit from the interstate, right about 45, the transmission would unlock and it would seem like I was accelerating. In reality, my deceleration was just changing. I was still getting engine braking from the transmission, but not as heavy because it had 'unlocked'...
    I dont pretend to know much about transmissions but that kind of explains what little I have learned about the 4L60E that I had in my trailblazer... I havent noticed a much of a difference with the unlocking on my SRX as the 4L60E had...
    I think holding a gear should be reserve only for sports mode. Normal mode should act like normal mode, that was the reason i did not re tune much my normal mode on the CTS-V. I think the normal mode and sports mode are acting almost the same on the SRX. May be the TSB for the transmission that was done did not help much. Let me summarize it by saying Cadillac needs 21 century transmissions now. I understand if this was a Chevy but in a Cadillac... Those commercials being standard of the world.... not there yet

  16. #15
    Jarson's Avatar
    Jarson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX4 Premium, Xenon Blue, Driver-Assist
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7

    Re: 2013 SRX4 Premium not making the grade

    I have the 2013 AWD Premium with all options, and the climate system works fine when using remote start (for AC anyway). The heated seats and steering wheel also work great. I prefer the shift points in ECO mode, as regular seems to rev the engine more. Still getting only 15.5 mpg though... (city driving)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting