SRX 2013 CUE Voice Input
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX 2013 CUE Voice Input in Cadillac SRX Forums; We love our 2013 SRX but the voice input, I assume engineered by Nuance, is terrible. My wife and I ...
    bmclachlan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX, 2009 XLR

Thumbs down SRX 2013 CUE Voice Input

We love our 2013 SRX but the voice input, I assume engineered by Nuance, is terrible. My wife and I are incredulous at the poor voice recognition. We do have something to compare it with. I also own a 2009 XLR Platinum and while voice recognition on it at times is frustrating, it is 10 times better than what has been supplied on the SRX. My advice to Cadillac is to provide an update because using the system is a big waste of time.

I am no stranger to voice recognition as I have been using the professional version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking since version number 2 in 1996-97 (long before Nuance became involved). I am also involved in the computer business and understand some of the difficulties in deciphering possibly garbled speech. But as I said above the comparator is another Cadillac 4 years older where the voice recognition system is much more reliable.

I hope there is an update to CUE around the corner. Maybe I should record one of my voice sessions for Cadillac. If nothing more it certainly would garner a number of laughs on this forum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

shoeman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury Platinum Tri Coat

Re: SRX 2013 CUE Voice Input

I whole heartedly agree . The voice recognition I had in my 2011 Ford Exploder with My Ford Touch was both much quicker and accurate. I am getting very frustrated when I say call .........on mobile or on cell and it gives me different names altogether ,that even start with different letters. Also it tends to give you instructions on what to say or do for way to long. It is quicker to take your eyes off the road and go to your phone , find the number and push the dial button .

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thank you for this feedback on the voice input on the 2013 CUE, bmclachlan and shoeman. If we can set up a product suggestion file that will be able to be reviewed by the appropriate departments within GM, please send us the following information in a private message:
    Your name and contact information
    The last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage
    Details of your suggestion

Kindest regards, and we truly appreciate your feedback,
    Sarah
    Cadillac Customer Care

34Hunter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

I agree also. We use the voice recognition mostly to provide a laugh. It cannot understand even simple things. Cadillac should be quite embarrassed. I hope they are working on a fix. IBM voice recognition took users through a series pronounced words so that the software could "learn" voice nuances and react accordingly. It seems that an exercise of this nature would fix the problems. If CUE is to become a "big thing" Cadillac should be advised to correct it quickly or customers will be talking about it in uncomplimentary terms. Our new 2013 SRX was purchased two months ago to replace a 2010 SRX. Its a handy vehicle, but we wish the technology was useable. We do like all the new "nanny features" in the driver awareness package.

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hunter View Post
    I agree also. We use the voice recognition mostly to provide a laugh. It cannot understand even simple things. Cadillac should be quite embarrassed. I hope they are working on a fix. IBM voice recognition took users through a series pronounced words so that the software could "learn" voice nuances and react accordingly. It seems that an exercise of this nature would fix the problems. If CUE is to become a "big thing" Cadillac should be advised to correct it quickly or customers will be talking about it in uncomplimentary terms. Our new 2013 SRX was purchased two months ago to replace a 2010 SRX. Its a handy vehicle, but we wish the technology was useable. We do like all the new "nanny features" in the driver awareness package.
    Hello 34Hunter,

I apologize if you are not satisfied with the CUE system. The infotainment field is highly competitive and we are always considering future updates. We value you as a loyal customer and hope you can be fully satisfied with your vehicle in the near future. If you want to further discuss any concerns, don't hesitate to contact us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

2eyedocs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

On a related note, it would be nice if the Siri "Eyes Free" integration will be available on a future upgrade. I know there is an equivalent Android Voice as well. Some of the smaller GM cars have this capability. It is my understanding that with Siri integration, you can request directions to a POI or address in plain english and Siri will send Nav info to the in dash GPS. Siri seems to do a better job of understanding direction directions!

warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

As far as updates go, be careful what you wish for. All of our Cue problems started with the latest update back in April. It was supposedly to "enhance the user experience". The only thing it managed to enhance is the level of our frustration.

mitch10a is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

I recently picked up a 2013 ATS with the CUE system. The voice recognition is horrible. It doesn't even understand the word yes. I took a long drive, as a get aquanted trip to understand all of the features. I was excited to be able to test out all of the CUE features. Needless to say, I was vastly underwhelmed. The experiance is just so bad that I could spend a 1/2 hour just recounting the negative experiances. My wifes Ford Escape has much better voice recognition (phone options). The CUE system does not understand anything I request. The ATS is a great car, but this feature is a huge mitagating factor. I hope that Cadillac upgrades their software soon!!!!

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Don't forget that on the 2010 model (perhaps the subsequent models) you can say "Handsfree", "Bluetooth", "Voice" and that will enable you to speak directly to your BT connected phone. I find this is more accurate for phone stuff than using the built-in Caddy crap. But it won't do much for any other voice stuff.

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Can't use mine voice commands either, given up on that as it's too frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch10a View Post
    I recently picked up a 2013 ATS with the CUE system. The voice recognition is horrible. It doesn't even understand the word yes. I took a long drive, as a get aquanted trip to understand all of the features. I was excited to be able to test out all of the CUE features. Needless to say, I was vastly underwhelmed. The experiance is just so bad that I could spend a 1/2 hour just recounting the negative experiances. My wifes Ford Escape has much better voice recognition (phone options). The CUE system does not understand anything I request. The ATS is a great car, but this feature is a huge mitagating factor. I hope that Cadillac upgrades their software soon!!!!
    Hello mitch10a,

Welcome to the Cadillac Owners forum! I am sorry your ownership experience is not positive with the CUE system. I understand your frustration and I am documenting your concern. If you would like to further discuss your situation with us, please contact us via private message or email at socialmedia@gm.com. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist the best we can.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by MJDART View Post
    Can't use mine voice commands either, given up on that as it's too frustrating.
    I understand your frustration with your CUE system voice command not properly working, MJDART. If you would like to further discuss your situation with us, please reach out via private message. Have you worked with your dealer towards resolving this concern yet? I am also providing you with the phone number to the CUE Customer Support Group. They can be reached by phone at 855-428-3669 and are open 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. EST, seven days a week.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jklang is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 2013 ATS with the CUE system. It is amazing what it comes up with on command. Not only is it frustratingly inaccurate, but when trying to repeat a command it goes through a long winded patronizing dissertation that is totally useless. It somewhat recognizes numbers, but names are impossible. My cheap cell phone has much better recognition with a free app. I agree with what others have concluded for the system and feel that Cadillac needs to quit bragging about the CUE system and fix it. It will not lead to repeat customers unless they are mute.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Are there ambient noises when you're trying to use the voice commands? If so, the computer can't distinguish these from voices. It mixes them all together. E.g. If you have a window partially down or others in the car talking, it mixes all of those sounds with your voice, thereby producing an unintelligible command.

With the 2010, you had to record a "voice tag" for each phone no. This was a cumbersome task if you had hundreds of people in your phone book. Luckily, I only have a few people I need to call regularly while driving. It has proven to be pretty accurate.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Voice commands in autos is nothing more than a novelty. It'll never work but so well because of the background noises. You'd need an audibly pristine environment to achieve consistent results.

Sube

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.