resetting average fuel economy
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, resetting average fuel economy in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have noticed that now when I press the set button, when the DIC is on fuel economy, it only ...
    harrynw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

resetting average fuel economy

I have noticed that now when I press the set button, when the DIC is on fuel economy, it only goes to 20 mpg average, even if sitting still. It used to go to 0 and then start climbing as I drove. Anyone else have this problem? I tried holding the set button, pressing it several times, all to no avail.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: resetting average fuel economy

Quote Originally Posted by harrynw View Post
    I have noticed that now when I press the set button, when the DIC is on fuel economy, it only goes to 20 mpg average, even if sitting still. It used to go to 0 and then start climbing as I drove. Anyone else have this problem? I tried holding the set button, pressing it several times, all to no avail.
    That fuel economy counter averages out your driving history. When you reset it it will start off at 0 and will climb up steadily depending on how you are driving. If you take a long trip or drive for weeks it will never start off at ZERO again for it is a running "average" that means the more you drive the less fluctuation will occur. The only way for you to get ZERO again is to reset the counter each time your vehicle is either in park or stopped.

That is what I thought I wrote. I know how it works, or at least how it is supposed to work. Now, when sitting still, it goes from what ever it was reading to 20 mpg, instead of 0. It used to go to 0 when sitting still.

PearlWhiteSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX4 Performance Radiant Silver

Just realized that my 2010 is behaving in the exact same way. I press reset, it flashes 0 then immediately to 20 mpg. Did you ever find a resolution to this problem?

No I haven't. I don't drive it much, so I still have a couple of months before I need to take it in to get serviced. I know it used to go to zero and go quickly up from there as I took off from the gas station. Mine also is around 10% optimistic on gas consumption. I always put in at least 1 gallon more than it says I have used. Someone on this forum said there was no calibration for this. They don't seem to be related, as it was doing this since I got it, and not resetting to 0 started a couple of months later. It could just need a re-flash or something to the computer.

CBOYLE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Premium 2011 DTS Platinum

I have had this problem with our new 2012 SRX since I drove it off the lot last June. If someone could supply a TSB number it would be helpful next time I bring it in for service. I had a TSB for the memory seat problem and it made it easier.
    Thanks

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by CBOYLE View Post
    I have had this problem with our new 2012 SRX since I drove it off the lot last June. If someone could supply a TSB number it would be helpful next time I bring it in for service. I had a TSB for the memory seat problem and it made it easier.
    Thanks
    Hello CBOYLE,

If you would like to further discuss your current issues, please private message me. Include your VIN and current mileage and I am happy to research on your behalf.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Well I just set up an appointment with my dealer to bring it in on July 1st. (MY Cadillac tech who works on my cars is on vacation next week) He said this is a common problem on a lot of GM vehicles and will most likely just be a computer update. It seems the ONLY problem I have had with this vehicle is computer updates. It would be nice if you could bring it in say once a year and they could do ALL the critical updates at one time. This would save everyone time and money!

If others are having this problem get it back to the dealer while it is still under warranty.
    Will advise results
    PearlWhiteSTS likes this.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by CBOYLE View Post
    Well I just set up an appointment with my dealer to bring it in on July 1st. (MY Cadillac tech who works on my cars is on vacation next week) He said this is a common problem on a lot of GM vehicles and will most likely just be a computer update. It seems the ONLY problem I have had with this vehicle is computer updates. It would be nice if you could bring it in say once a year and they could do ALL the critical updates at one time. This would save everyone time and money!

If others are having this problem get it back to the dealer while it is still under warranty.
    Will advise results
    Would you please update your profile with the model year and trim level of your SRX?

I agree 100% that when the car is in the shop they should update it with the latest software so you don't hit problems that they already know about and have fixed. Apparently they won't do that and I fail to understand their logic behind this. They really just want to spend the least amount of time on each car as possible when it's warranty work because GM doesn't want to pay for it. Well, in my case, they ARE paying for it because I won't be buying another vehicle from them because of policies like these.

Profile updated with 3 Cadillac's as of now. Each time it goes in the shop for a update of computer software you can figure 1 hour labor and time wasted by the owner. Plus costs of a rental. One shot to do everything...... or it may screw things up that are working correctly? Would be nice if OnStar could do it?
    The cars are becoming to high Tech. My 2001 DTS is high tech enough.
    As info alldata has not included TSB for our 2012 SRX yet. Awaiting answer from them as to when I can purchase a subscription

AllData has the SRX listed under Cadillac Truck if you want a subscription for TSB's

mm9351 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD LUXURY

My 2011 has been resetiting the fuel economy to 20 mpg since I owned the vehicle as new, and never gave it a second thought. I'm certain that after you drive several miles, it settles down to your average economy based on road conditions and driving habits. No worries.

I will advise once the dealer looks at it. No harm in having it checked under warranty.

Got a call from the Tech who worked on the car this is normal for my 2012 according to the GM tech engineers. This was corrected on the 2013. No way to update the 2012. No harm to check it out

PearlWhiteSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX4 Performance Radiant Silver

Thanks for the update.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.