Black Raven: You Dirty Dirty Bird!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Black Raven: You Dirty Dirty Bird! in Cadillac SRX Forums; So, as I expected . . my new Black Raven is so hard to keep clean, compared to the Plat ...
    Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

Black Raven: You Dirty Dirty Bird!

So, as I expected . . my new Black Raven is so hard to keep clean, compared to the Plat Ice I traded in. Literally, rain would wash the Plat Ice pretty clean! Now, rain leaves nasty spots that piss me off. The pollen in my area is awful . . . every morning I wake up to a green car.

Anything I can do? Will waxing it help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: Black Raven: You Dirty Dirty Bird!

Waxing will help some... now if you SRX is clean and you only have pollen or dust on her I would highly recommend getting yourself a "California Duster" and wipe her down before you drive the SRX. I use it on my SSR each and every time when I take her out ... I do know that if I need to, I will use it on my SRX too.

http://www.autogeek.net/calcardus.ht...Fcuj4AodpkkAFA

Thanks Marc NY! I am off to the car wash to get her washed up. They have a sale on their hand wax for $29.00 so I will invest in that and see how that works.

I will look into the duster too . . . but for now, I am hoping that pollen season will soon be out.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

White is a dream, black is a nightmare. But both are beautiful clean, and glistening.

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

nothing looks better than a clean polished black car

I went out and had it waxed (see photos below).

She got a lot of attention at the Car Wash while getting hand waxed. Ladypro is right . . nothing looks better than a clean polished black car. It literally OWNED the road for the last 2 days. It even (almost) started a fight haha . . long long story.

Bellow Photos:

1. My new baby getting her wax job
    photo 1.JPG

2. Some weirdo at the car wash with his belly hanging out (Was gonna mask his face but then I realized he obviously won't care if I post that . . come on . . he knows his belly is hanging out!!!)
    photo 2.JPG

3. After her day at the SPA
    photo 3.JPG

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    I went out and had it waxed (see photos below).

She got a lot of attention at the Car Wash while getting hand waxed. Ladypro is right . . nothing looks better than a clean polished black car. It literally OWNED the road for the last 2 days. It even (almost) started a fight haha . . long long story.

2. Some weirdo at the car wash with his belly hanging out (Was gonna mask his face but then I realized he obviously won't care if I post that . . come on . . he knows his belly is hanging out!!!)
    Attachment 107600
    She looks pretty!!! Hey, you have to finish your story.

BTW: The guy looks like he belongs in one of those wild Wall-Mart emails I get from time to time. LOL

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

No wax job for me at the car wash!!!!!

22velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 cadillac srx performance

For 55 years I have polished and now sealed a lot of cars and boats, I can tell you this . Don't ever use a California duster particularly on a dark colored car that has pollen or dirt on it. Pollen is very abrasive and will scratch a finish. The only time I saw a duster work ok was when I worked the auto shows for GM, prior to the show the so called detailers would knock the dust off the display cars with the duster. The dust was not abrasive. The best way is to use a good sealant on your car and wash the pollen off. Follow up with a good detail spray to keep the finish slippery. Frank

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Quote Originally Posted by 22velocity View Post
    For 55 years I have polished and now sealed a lot of cars and boats, I can tell you this . Don't ever use a California duster particularly on a dark colored car that has pollen or dirt on it. Pollen is very abrasive and will scratch a finish. The only time I saw a duster work ok was when I worked the auto shows for GM, prior to the show the so called detailers would knock the dust off the display cars with the duster. The dust was not abrasive. The best way is to use a good sealant on your car and wash the pollen off. Follow up with a good detail spray to keep the finish slippery. Frank
    Frank,
    I would be curious to know what you consider to be a good sealant. Have you ever heard of opti-coat?

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

OH!!!! BLACK, BLACK, BLACK.......FULL TIME JOB FORSURE.......I had a black car once, never again, never ending job.....

22velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 cadillac srx performance

Beachcad, I have been using Zaino products for about the past ten years. My customers like the look it gives their cars and boats and it lasts a minimum of six months. I have a 2011 luxury model in silver and it looks real good on light metallic colors. I also have a 1990 black buick reatta convertible that I basically take to car shows that has several coats of Zaino z2 sealant. At shows I am tempted to wipe off the car by mid afternoon but knowing how much work with the orbital buffer to get rid of the swirls,I wait till I get home and then wash it. I have heard of Opti-Coat and have heard good reports on this product. From everything I have read on the application process, unless the person has experience doing high end detailing work, I don,t think this work is for the average person. If your living in Florida, I would contact someone like Autogeek over in Stuart. I know they sell the product. Frank

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Quote Originally Posted by 22velocity View Post
    Beachcad, I have been using Zaino products for about the past ten years. My customers like the look it gives their cars and boats and it lasts a minimum of six months. I have a 2011 luxury model in silver and it looks real good on light metallic colors. I also have a 1990 black buick reatta convertible that I basically take to car shows that has several coats of Zaino z2 sealant. At shows I am tempted to wipe off the car by mid afternoon but knowing how much work with the orbital buffer to get rid of the swirls,I wait till I get home and then wash it. I have heard of Opti-Coat and have heard good reports on this product. From everything I have read on the application process, unless the person has experience doing high end detailing work, I don,t think this work is for the average person. If your living in Florida, I would contact someone like Autogeek over in Stuart. I know they sell the product. Frank
    Thank you Frank. I have always been skeptical of sealant and coating claims, it's just one of those product categories that is overrun with scams and snake oil salesmen, and the average person has a difficult time picking the truth from the bull. I did have a detail guy here in Florida install the Opti-coat on my wife's SRX soon after it was purchased (about 9 months ago). So far it has been great, but I was still apprehensive whether I had made a wise decision. I have heard of Zaino products for years and knew they were highly regarded. Again, it's really great to hear from someone like you, who has the experience and knowledge and isn't trying to sell something!

NotMine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux, with several upgrades

22velocity said it all when he mentioned Zaino. I know a guy who has a black Vette, lives on the east coast and his vehicles are subjected to the pollen issue. He uses a California Duster almost daily and has NO PROBLEMS with scratches. He is known on the Corvette Forum as the "guy to go to" when any questions arise about polishes and the like. If I can locate a picture of his car, I'll post it. It is truly an unbelievable shine with Zaino (especially with the orange peel that GM has on these cars...he has none).

See if this works....

themacguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Base
    Me when I had my black Cobalt SS/TC: Wash, wash. Polish, polish. Wax, wax. Sweat, sweat.

Then it rains.

Wife: Let's go to Ikea.

Me: Ugh...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.